I've always wanted to know this! ..

MJ got married with Lisa in may 1994 and TDCAU was written during the Dangerous session.

So it can't be Lisa and her children he sings about.

but i thought this book was more trustworthy....
even some fans said it was better than other books...
i'm so sorry to be so mistaken...

"AAA:What a ridiculous, ignorant thing to say. You don't like a then 6 year old girl and her younger brother. Wow Michael would be so proud

Even though not long before Michael died Riley said she had nothing but good memories with Michael. "

ok, ok. I'm jealous!
i know it's not good, but i can't help myself...
I'm just like Tinkerbell she was ready to kill Wendy...
michael would have understood me...

What about the lyrics around 3:59-4:01? He starts off "Don't you..." It's in the adlibs to the final chorus:

(We're deep in fire!)
All I wanna say is that
They don't really care about us (We're deep in fire!)
All I wanna say is that
They don't really care about us (I intend to remind you!)

All I wanna say is that (Hee!)
They don't really care about us (Don't you... ???)
All I wanna say is that (Whoo hoo!)
They don't really care about--

All I wanna say is that (Whoo hoo!)
They don't really care about--
All I wanna say is that (Shee hee hee!)
They don't really care about us! (Hee hee!)
(Whoo hoo!)

I really want to know this as well! Everytime I sing this or my friend we just say "Dont you dadd dadada tiiiide!" lol

But I am pretty sure he says "Dont you FIGHT BACK" then something more. Anyone?

I really want to know this as well! Everytime I sing this or my friend we just say "Dont you dadd dadada tiiiide!" lol

But I am pretty sure he says "Dont you FIGHT BACK" then something more. Anyone?

"Don't you sit back watching, defeated" is one possibility which also makes sense. There have been more guesses, but I forget.

I heard this song was written between the Bad and Dangerous albums, so around 1989/1990...although he could have changed the lyrics later on.

Yeah I always assumed that he was just generalizing in this song. Like you said... taking on the role of every kind of minority. I never looked at it as referring specifically to himself. Interesting thought though.

He was the victim of police brutality. There were pictures of excessive bruising on one of his arms from being roughly handled by the police.

"Don't you sit back watching, defeated" is one possibility which also makes sense. There have been more guesses, but I forget.

Hmm.. He also says thsi in Scream at one point, only little shorter.

Back