MusaedJackson

Proud Member
Hello Guys

If you listen to "They Don't Care About Us", He Says :-

"Tell me what has become of my life
I have a wife and two children who love me
I am the victim of police brutality, now
I'm tired of bein the victim of hate"

What does he mean with the "two children who love me" ?

Did he mean Prince & Paris ?

Yeah, Blanket wasn't born yet back then. And by wife he means Debbie Rowe *shudder*

Actually, this is what I believe. . . I heard that TDCAU was worked on during the Dangerous period but didn't get onto an album until History came out in 1995. So that song preceded Debbie Rowe, Prince and Paris.

I believe he is referring to Lisa Marie and her two children, Riley and Benjamin, because he was married to LMP during the time he was working on the History album.

One more interesting tidbit about TDCAU in concert. I could have sworn that I heard him change the lyric to 'I have a mother and two children that love me' during some of the History Tour. Perhaps, this was after the separation from DR, but I am not sure about timelines.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Yeah, that's what I thought also, Lisa and her two children. :yes:

Actually, this is what I believe. . . I heard that TDCAU was worked on during the Dangerous period but didn't get onto an album until History came out in 1995. So that song preceded Debbie Rowe, Prince and Paris.

I believe he is referring to Lisa Marie and her two children, Riley and Benjamin, because he was married to LMP during the time he was working on the History album.

One more interesting tidbit about TDCAU in concert. I could have sworn that I heard him change the lyric to 'I have a mother and two children that love me' during some of the History Tour. Perhaps, this was after the separation from DR, but I am not sure about timelines.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Thank you, because I've always asked myself which two kids he meant since he hadn't got Prince & Paris =)

REALLY? oh right, of course that makes sense. Sorry, it's past 7 am for me and I'm still up, tee hee. :D

i think it was just about all the predujices people face
like he has a wife and 2 children yet hes the victim of police brutality
he takes on the role of every kind of minority and person in that song i feel :)

i think it was just about all the predujices people face
like he has a wife and 2 children yet hes the victim of police brutality
he takes on the role of every kind of minority and person in that song i feel :)

Yeah I always assumed that he was just generalizing in this song. Like you said... taking on the role of every kind of minority. I never looked at it as referring specifically to himself. Interesting thought though.

the song was on history in 95 so obviously not about debbie. it was about lisa and her kids

What about the lyrics around 3:59-4:01? He starts off "Don't you..." It's in the adlibs to the final chorus:

(We're deep in fire!)
All I wanna say is that
They don't really care about us (We're deep in fire!)
All I wanna say is that
They don't really care about us (I intend to remind you!)

All I wanna say is that (Hee!)
They don't really care about us (Don't you... ???)
All I wanna say is that (Whoo hoo!)
They don't really care about--

All I wanna say is that (Whoo hoo!)
They don't really care about--
All I wanna say is that (Shee hee hee!)
They don't really care about us! (Hee hee!)
(Whoo hoo!)

l don't say they had any reason, michael was the best,
but i don't like Lisa and her kids...
they didn't deserve Michael.

i read in book "magic and medness" that her children were afraid of michael, cause michael was different and unusual...

why he always was with the people who didn't understand him?!

Hello Guys

If you listen to "They Don't Care About Us", He Says :-

"Tell me what has become of my life
I have a wife and two children who love me
I am the victim of police brutality, now
I'm tired of bein the victim of hate"

What does he mean with the "two children who love me" ?

Did he mean Prince & Paris ?

Uhm They Don't care About Us was written in 1994 when MJ was married to Lisa Marie Presley. She had two kids then. so that is why he said "I have a wife and two children who love me"

MJ had his first son in 1997, two years after the History album was released.

I always assumed he was speaking as an average american. The average amount of children that a couple has is 2.4, so a 2 parent family with 2 children is about right. I never really considered that he was referring to himself when i first heard the song.

I always assumed it was about Lisa Marie and her two kids. They must have lived at least part of the time with Michael.

I always assumed he was speaking as an average american. The average amount of children that a couple has is 2.4, so a 2 parent family with 2 children is about right. I never really considered that he was referring to himself when i first heard the song.

I love your signature photo's...Michael was far to beautiful.

i read in book "magic and medness" that her children were afraid of michael, cause michael was different and unusual...
and thats your mistake. reading and believing rubbish like that

Never take tabloid trash at face value! Even in her angry mood Lisa always said that Michael was great with her kids.

I've never seen him behave inappropriately. He was great with my kids. He does have a connection with kids, babies. He's a kid, and other kids sense that in him.

http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/lisa_marie_playboy_interview.shtml

It doesn't look like Lisa's kids were afraid of him.

and thats your mistake. reading and believing rubbish like that

Very true.
We've seen pics of the kids and Michael and they do not look scared at all.
I don't know how anyone could not like him, especially kids, he's an amazing dad/person/friend/etc in my opinion.

Well Magic And Madness is a book that is far from accurate on a lot of things so I wouldn't really take that as an indication of how they felt.

Lisa Marie's daughter was asked in an interview a few months ago about Michael and what she felt about him and she said something like she had nothing but happy memories.

I don't think that he even meant Lisa and the kids. By the time Michael wrote the lyrics to tdcau he knew lisa but they weren't married.

Michaels songs are mostly autobiographic but we don't have to adapt every single detail to his live and experiences, maybe at this point it was his wish to have a wife and two children. Later on in his life we can easily relate the lyrics to his life, yes.

This is what I think, however I may be mistaken.

What a ridiculous, ignorant thing to say. You don't like a then 6 year old girl and her younger brother. Wow Michael would be so proud

Even though not long before Michael died Riley said she had nothing but good memories with Michael.

Back