It’s Official: Number Ones – The Multi Million Album!

That's awesome! =) I wonder which fan owns the 2 millionth copy lol!

Number Ones is now approaching 7 million copies sold globally since MJ died. Add in the 6 million sold between 2003 and June 24th 2009 and the worldwide total sales exceed 13 million!

I have mine! Think what he could still be doing if he was still with US!
Jim

great news

i alwalys thougth, that this collection is great for fans (because of
OMC) and "non-fans" (or Music-Lovers or whatever you wanna call'em).
so i hope it will be selling more copies in the future!

between 2003 and June 24th 2009 and the worldwide total sales exceed 13 million!

Halloooo :wild:

Whats sales number for contemporary artists... like megagigaultrasuperstars Bieber, Gaga, Boyle, ...???

In fact, imo, Michael is the only atrist in history whose all major albums have been sold ... lets say, 10+ million copies.
(although his solo albums of the 70s are amazing, but with total lack of interest and a promotion agenda, and I have always been wondering why people/fans dont buy these albums, especially after June 2009, or why rec. company - Motown/Warner have not promoted yet released reeditions.)

For this celebration, I have decided to post the original press release from 2003. Enjoy!

The Following is verbatim from Sony Music UK

Michael Jackson
Number Ones
Released November 17th

Michael Jackson's music has-been at the heart of music for 30 years - and for the first time on one album - 'Number Ones' - the definitive must-have collection - Will Be made available as a single disc CD - on November 17th.

'Number Ones' will feature eighteen tracks legendary Michael Jackson - Including 6 UK NO.1' s - plus a brand new single 'One More Chance' - released TBC

The CD includes timeless hits Such as: 'Thriller' 'Beat It', 'I Just Can not Stop Loving You' and 'The Way You Make Me Feel'. Tracks Which take you Instantly back in time to Michael's groundbreaking and Innovative seven Epic single albums: "Off The Wall ',' Thriller ',' Bad ',' Dangerous ',' History ',' Blood On The Dance Floor 'and' Invincible '- brilliant tunes and unbelievable dance moves from one of the Greatest artists in the world.

'Number Ones' - Takes you right back to What Makes it all so important - the music - like the song says: do you Remember The Time?

To date, Michael has sold over 12 million albums in the UK and 180 million worldwide. I've Had 78 UK 8 UK hit singles and No.1.s (Including The Jackson Five hit).

Michael Jackson - 'Number Ones' - an album That every household will want to own ....

Tracklisting:

MICHAEL JACKSON - NUMBER ONES
1) Do not Stop 'Til You Get Enough (Off The Wall) 3:55
2) Rock With You (Off The Wall) 3:32
3) Billie Jean (Thriller) 4:57
4) Beat It (Thriller) 4:18
5) Thriller (Thriller) 4:13
6) Human Nature (Thriller) 4:04
7) I Just Can not Stop Loving You (Bad) 4:11
8) Bad (Bad) 4:06
9) The Way You Make Me Feel (Bad) 4:31
10) Dirty Diana (Bad) 4:40
11) Smooth Criminal (Bad) 4:16
12) Black Or White (Dangerous) 3:22
13) You Are Not Alone (HIStory) 4:29
14) Earth Song (HIStory) 4:58
15) Blood On The Dance Floor (Blood On The Dance Floor) 4:13
16) You Rock My World ( Invincible ) 4:25
17) Break Of Dawn ( Invincible ) 5:32
18) One More Chance (New Song) 3:30

SeriousEffect.;3344600 said:
I literally cannot stomach the solo albums Michael had with Motown.

Why??? :bugeyed

There was Michael being himself, with the naturally and stylistically pure voice.
... Got to be there, Never Can say Goodbye, One day in your life, Ain´t no sunshine...:clapping:

For this celebration, I have decided to post the original press release from 2003. Enjoy!

To date, Michael has sold over 12 million albums in the UK and 180 million worldwide. I've Had 78 UK 8 UK hit singles and No.1.s (Including The Jackson Five hit).

Well, now it has to be at least 17 mill. in the UK and 250 mill. worldwide...

Halloooo :wild:

Whats sales number for contemporary artists... like megagigaultrasuperstars Bieber, Gaga, Boyle, ...???

In fact, imo, Michael is the only atrist in history whose all major albums have been sold ... lets say, 10+ million copies.
(although his solo albums of the 70s are amazing, but with total lack of interest and a promotion agenda, and I have always been wondering why people/fans dont buy these albums, especially after June 2009, or why rec. company - Motown/Warner have not promoted yet released reeditions.)

i think mj solo motown albums did great, considering motown was a single sales driven record company, from smooth info about mj record slaes, his motown albums did 4 to 6 million whic is great, since singles dominated at that era,

p.s. I think mj is the third largest selling solo male artist at motown, does anyone know
An article from hitsville stated that marvin gaye is the largest selling motown artist with 110 million recors (this is mostly from singles sales) then its stevie wonder

Back