Isnt now the right time , for new music ???

mj_insane

Proud Member
We keep getting reports of new music coming before the first concerts , and we know Michael has been working on music for years now , so one question : WHEN ??

Think , if a single got put on radio now , it would be on radio for 3-4 weeks before a video come out . THEN , would need the video to get played for around 3 or 4 weeks to gain the WORLDS publicity and put him back in the limelight .
So , then it would be the FIRST CONCERT . Then , WHAM BAM - MICHAEL RULES THE WORLD AGAIN !!

U understand what i mean ???

i know what your thinking. and i guess every fan thinks the same way!! but we just have to wait and see .hopefully veryyy sooooon like in a week or...better tomorow.lol ..he might drop the album end of summer,u know there is still plenty of time. single in july then album september or october>>same like invincible YRMW in july then INvincible came in end of october. so there is time .dont worry.

Anytime between now and the event is a good time, really. It's hard to believe that half the time has already passed between the announcement and opening night... we're over halfway there.

We really do need a good, blistering upbeat track between now and the first night though.

Michael should really be putting out a single this month. It would make sense too, and he DOES have the music ready. Singles were ready at the end of 2007 when he presented them to Sony, so hopefully he has some killer track ready to give to Epic asap.

I just have a feeling there will be no new material before the first night, or even during the first stint, I reckon 4th quarter of this year maybe.
Hope Im wrong though.

^^ so you're saying that you don't think that there'll be any new music before october? I think we'll hear something before then...just that there won't be much promotion or anything, there'll just be an announcement on the radio that 'Michael Jackson's new single will be played [insert date here] Hear it here first' or something like that.

Michael should really be putting out a single this month. It would make sense too, and he DOES have the music ready. Singles were ready at the end of 2007 when he presented them to Sony, so hopefully he has some killer track ready to give to Epic asap.

The end of 2007?!?!
Before thriller 25,the singles were ready?!?

I think he will release new music this year, but it's not gonna be done in the normal way. It's gonna be something big! Michael loves to surprise people! Something like, on the first concert night, the video will premiere on TV as well as people at the concert seeing it. I dunno, I just think it won't be done in the conventional way. I hope so anyway! :D

I think he will release new music this year, but it's not gonna be done in the normal way. It's gonna be something big! Michael loves to surprise people! Something like, on the first concert night, the video will premiere on TV as well as people at the concert seeing it. I dunno, I just think it won't be done in the conventional way. I hope so anyway! :D

You're probably right about it not being done in the normal way...this is Michael after all! :) I'm so excited about it!

could do what Prince done and give out his new album to everyone at his concerts?

could do what Prince done and give out his new album to everyone at his concerts?

No disrespect intended, but there's a thread already about the possibility of him doing that - I think we came to the conclusion that it's unlikely, as Prince's album had already come out a little while before and Michael doesn't need to promote an album like that anyway - it will be a best seller whatever! :)

When does Michael something in a normal way? I think it's possible there won't be new material before the concerts (even thou it's possible something comes out this month) and he probably like premieres some there. Back in days he did it with video performances, maybe it's going live now. And who knows if some of those concerts will be televised. Then it would be kinda live video. It would make people talking and the audio track itself wouldnt be all around the internet right away. And at the right moment when the song is well-known it would be released as a single.. You can't act like this if you are not a superstar like Michael because it's technically harder to promote some concerts but now already millions of people plus media in the first place know Michael is going to perform there and are waiting how it's gonna be... So, wouldn't new music get huge attention there live?

Michael really need to take advantage of these 02 shows, I don't know what he is waiting for. It's the perfect timing, he should get a single out, then a video before the shows start and release and album this autumn after all the publicity he gets this summer. Second single also in sep/oct accomponated with a video in christmas ready for the second leg of This Is It

Seriously guys I think he will release it when we least expect and in a different way than he has done in the past because so many people who have been working with him have been saying that he has been looking at new ways to disseminate his music to the fans. I'm just going to enjoy the ride because its going to be good :D.

I think it's gotta be end of this month - mid June to promote This Is It.

Who know's how he'll release it but it'll hopefully be in your face style!!! :D

I think it's gotta be end of this month - mid June to promote This Is It.

Who know's how he'll release it but it'll hopefully be in your face style!!! :D

Yeah, its definitely going to be BAM! in your face. I wouldn't be surprised if the video gets premiered on a major channel, that would be so cool especially if they have like a making of programme afterwards.

another no1 is on its way!!! we all know

Would be cool if his new song gets to No.1. It would be great it he could match his record or maybe even beat it for having the most No.1's off one album hehe.

^^ so you're saying that you don't think that there'll be any new music before october? I think we'll hear something before then...just that there won't be much promotion or anything, there'll just be an announcement on the radio that 'Michael Jackson's new single will be played [insert date here] Hear it here first' or something like that.

Yeah, I dont know why though, as none of us really know with Michael, lol, I would be over the moon to see something before July 8th though, I just feel we would have heard more about it by now if it was to happen before then.

Yeah, its definitely going to be BAM! in your face. I wouldn't be surprised if the video gets premiered on a major channel, that would be so cool especially if they have like a making of programme afterwards.

That'd be so cool. They should do something like they did with the long commercial that run after This Is It was announced! But instead of a promo, the music video plays in the commercial break! :D :punk:

That'd be so cool. They should do something like they did with the long commercial that run after This Is It was announced! But instead of a promo, the music video plays in the commercial break! :D :punk:

Yeah definitely and have like little teaser adverts a couple of days before with a countdown to build up some hype.

Last edited:
best timeing would for it to go to radio a few weeks b4 the actual release like they used to do. then release it either the first or second week of the concerts.

I think now is the perfect time :D but Michael needs a perfect way for it to be given to his fans. Not leaked over the internet >_>
I hope i'll be able to go out and buy his singles :D

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't do a video at all. I think that he might just go to tv special route and maybe do a live show from the concerts on CBS or HBO. Or he may premiere himself singing the song live from the concert. That would be great too. But videos and radio just aren't doing it these days for artists. They have to either tour or do a tv special. Because when you release a video, who plays it? MTV aint doing their job anymore so why spend all that money on a video when you can just do a live tv special?

I just keep getting this feeling that there may not be a new single

But u never know what can happen i suppose.

^^^^^^^^^^^
Nah, Michael's been working on new music for the past 3 years. All that studio time spent with will.i.am, Akon, Ne-Yo, Neff-U, T-Pain and all the rest isn't going to go to waste. MJ just didn't have the right platform to release any of it...until now.
I really do think he's going to put forth new music. At this point, it's just a matter of "when" not "if".
In my opinion, Michael should strike soon before the hype and excitement surrounding the O2 concerts dies down. He should a wave of momentum going into his summer concerts, he'd be a fool not to. I mean think about it, the ONLY way he can reach his millions of fans around the world (those who won't be attending his concerts) is through brand new music. There's almost no way possible for Michael Jackson, the King of Pop, one of the best performers we've ever witnessed and one of the biggest selling music acts of all time to do his "final curtain call" with just a string of concerts in London and no new music.
Ain't happenin'.

Hollaback.

I heard JLS' new single on the radio on Friday afternoon on Radio 1 (UK) and they said it's going to be released "early July", and that's not the first song I have heard on the radio that will be released then. It seems that other artists are already starting the promo for July singles, so Mike really should be getting something on the air now if he wants to have the same build up as other artists. He could have the official release during the first week of the concerts and benefit from sales to audience members! But as we haven't heard of anything in the pipeline (aside from some old rumours), I won't hold my breath for it. As some people here have said, the This Is It concerts are the ideal time to get new music out there. There hasn't been this much interest in Michael Jackson for years and IMO it would be foolish not to cash in on it. We all know he has recorded new stuff with Will.i.am and Akon, and that he was in talks with Ne-Yo, but what's going to happen to that stuff? The Will.i.am stuff is atleast 2 years old now and probably sounds dated (music moves on so quick now!), so that's gone to waste. the Akon stuff is also getting old, so that will probably be wasted too. We're not even sure if Mike ever recorded any Ne-yo material, so perhaps that never happened.

Going back to the topic of JLS. There were rumours that they might support Mike on one or more concerts in July and With their single being released then, I think it would be the perfect place for them to perform it, and I'm more certain now that they will be there.

I wonder if there would be any clues out if he has done or was doing a music video..
if someone would find out so we would know..or if they really can make it 100% secret...I doubt it but who knows.

Back