Is there anyone else who can't sit through Dangerous, HIStory and Invincible albums in one go?

Personally I don't listen to much of the dangerous or history albums, as Ithink some of the songs were wrecked with long and un-required intros, like Will You Be There, Amazing song, shame about the chior intro, I don't think that works. And Little Suzie, that is just a really werid song and I actually worry about Mj's state of mind in A) writing that B) allowing it on the album.

Little Susie? One of MJ's MASTERPIECES!!!

I have listened to Invincible in one go several times. I remember it was for a few days after I bought the album. Almost did the same with Dangerous, but never with HIStory. It's got nothing to do with my preference for any one of 'em. I think I was just in the mood to absorb all of the new tracks.

Now I don't think I can do that with any of the albums. I'd have to skip some emotional tracks as well as the tracks I don't really enjoy on a regular basis.

I don't think that I can listen to any of his album in one go on a regular basis. Some of those songs I have to be in the mood to listen to, especially the heavy ones. Though, I really like The Lost Children, Little Susie, or Childhood though the latter took some time to appreciate.

I think Dangerous is the most diverse album ever made. There is such a mix of different styles in there, its incredibly easy to listen to all the way through.

I cant remember the last time I played an album in full, because I rip all my CDs to iTunes I just select MJ from the artist panel and have everything on Shuffle. :)

pretty lame of you to write that post.
What is lame was your original post. If you think a remix to an MJ song is the most disgusting thing on earth, you have a warped sense of reality. With all the crap going on in the world and a remix to a song is what is most disgusting? You need to step away from the keyboard and go outside. There's a whole world out there.

I can quite happily listen to Dangerous in one sitting. HIStory is fairly heavy going to listen to in one sitting, but can actually be quite cathartic if you're in the right frame of mind.

I haven't listened to Invincible in one sitting in about eight years. I only really like four or five tracks off that album.

I think Dangerous is the most diverse album ever made. There is such a mix of different styles in there, its incredibly easy to listen to all the way through.

^ This! :clapping:

If any album is over 70 minutes it should be split up into 2 disks. Maybe i have a short attention span but i think that 70 minutes worth of music is alot for the listener to obsorb and take in.

I think that it would have been better if Invincible was like this

Disk one:
Unbreakable
Heartbreaker
Invincible
Break Of Dawn
Heaven Can Wait
You Rock My World
Butterflies
Speechless

Disk two:
2,000 Watts
You Are My Life
Privacy
Don't Walk Away
Cry
The Lost Children
Whatever Happens
Threatened

Last edited:
i guess listening really is a subjective thing, because i'll never understand when people say that MJ's original tracks are bogged down, but certain remixes by other people are listenable. i find all remixes of MJ's music by other people to be the most disgusting things on earth. it's like muddying purity to me, with seriously overbogged remix sound. and nothing clever about it.

i'll take 'childhood' over a remix any day of the week. if anything, a remix is the true attempt to commercialize something.

I understand where you are coming from with your point about remixes.

I can listen to all Michael's albums in one go. I do so when I am at home doing chores, riding to and from work, traveling by plane, or when I simply want to relax. At times like some of you I would replay a song because I am in the mood for that particular song, not because I feel it is better than another. Unlike many of you, I love Invincible--it lends itself to many different moods that I may have. To each his own, I guess.

Personally I don't listen to much of the dangerous or history albums, as Ithink some of the songs were wrecked with long and un-required intros, like Will You Be There, Amazing song, shame about the chior intro, I don't think that works. And Little Suzie, that is just a really werid song and I actually worry about Mj's state of mind in A) writing that B) allowing it on the album.

Waw, I love Little Suzie, Money and DS. I love the beat, but I do not thing my state of mind is impaired--no offense intended. I agree that introductions should not be too long, though.

"Little Suzie" is precisely what makes me love him so much as a songwriter. I don't know that many songwriters who have that kind of stylistic range. He can do anything from super syrupy ballad, to assembling all that amazing New Jack Swing stuff on Dangerous.

"Little Suzie" showed me where he could have gone as a composer of movie scores- if he would have followed those leanings. I am very grateful that this song exists. It's like a mini movie in itself- just doesn't have a movie with it yet. But intro, song, the way it ends- I immediately have an entire movie playing inside of my inner eye with that song.

I love playing that on the piano, accompanying myself- people regularly fall over at the beauty of that song- it is a beautiful song. Nothing to worry about his state of mind, if you read the lyrics. "Neglection can kill like a knife, oh it will." He was an incredible empath who used his own life to feel for everyone in this world.

I have regularly cried tears since I was 16 because that song just moves me. Very underrated.

HIStory is about the only album that I don't always listen through in one go- and Dangerous and Invincible are sublime in one go, both of them. I feel "incomplete" myself if I can't finish it for whatever reason.

"Little Suzie" is precisely what makes me love him so much as a songwriter. I don't know that many songwriters who have that kind of stylistic range. He can do anything from super syrupy ballad, to assembling all that amazing New Jack Swing stuff on Dangerous.

"Little Suzie" showed me where he could have gone as a composer of movie scores- if he would have followed those leanings. I am very grateful that this song exists. It's like a mini movie in itself- just doesn't have a movie with it yet. But intro, song, the way it ends- I immediately have an entire movie playing inside of my inner eye with that song.

I love playing that on the piano, accompanying myself- people regularly fall over at the beauty of that song- it is a beautiful song. Nothing to worry about his state of mind, if you read the lyrics. "Neglection can kill like a knife, oh it will." He was an incredible empath who used his own life to feel for everyone in this world.

I have regularly cried tears since I was 16 because that song just moves me. Very underrated.

HIStory is about the only album that I don't always listen through in one go- and Dangerous and Invincible are sublime in one go, both of them. I feel "incomplete" myself if I can't finish it for whatever reason.

I completely agree with you...I also have an entire movie in my head when I listen to Little Susie..It's very powerful, and Michael's words molded a story right in my head..i can picture EVERYTHING...it's one of the most moving, beautiful songs he's ever written...and makes me crave some classical compositions of his....

Listening to Invincible in one sitting would mean sitting through Privacy and Don't Walk Away again.

Why would anybody choose to put themselves through that?

Exactly the same for me. When I get the chance, normally car journeys, there's nothing I like more than the whole of Dangerous or HIStory. There are tracks I can skip on HIStory if I haven't the time to listen to the whole album (D.S., TTA) but if I can, the whole album gets the listen.

If you haven't listened to tracks like Little Susie, Smile, 2 Bad for a while they are great to catch up on.

I struggle with Invincible, the last time I played it all through was back in June 09 when I listened to every album in their entirity. The is the only MJ album where some tracks are unlistenable to me.
Same with me. I can listen to the first half with great ease cause pretty much all the songs are great. The second half REALLY brings down the mood.

HIStory and Dangerous are fine though.

What is lame was your original post. If you think a remix to an MJ song is the most disgusting thing on earth, you have a warped sense of reality. With all the crap going on in the world and a remix to a song is what is most disgusting? You need to step away from the keyboard and go outside. There's a whole world out there.

What the? 144,000 obviously meant it's the most disgusting thing you can do to music (or in this case, MJ's music). Obviously he never meant it's like the worst thing ever, like worse than pollution or god knows what. Take it easy guys, I have to agree with him as well. Remixes really aren't the best way to go. SOME of them turn out to be great when they set a different mood (HIStory remix) but most just fall flat. It really is the worst thing you can do IN TERMS OF MUSIC.

I can no longer listen to any of my Michael albums. Because just like watching him I just can no longer handle it. And I just badly miss that. I remember how I use to always be able to listen to one of Michael's albums in full. But now the only Michael song I can handle listening to now is Who Is It. Thank God I got several different versions of that song to listen to. And watching and listening to him is just something I crave the most but my depression is just not letting me do that anymore.

Dangerous is my favorite album and I can listen to that one all the way through. HIStory is not my all-time favorite, so I can't really listen to that one all the way though. I definitely could do Dangerous and Invincible though together, I think. I love both of those CD's to pieces.

It really is the worst thing you can do IN TERMS OF MUSIC.
No it isn't. I have a lot of remix singles and many of them are better than the album or original versions of the songs. Like Bell Biv Devoe's remixes for the singles on their Poison album. The versions on the album are not as good as the remixes. In a lot of cases, Mariah Carey's and Janet Jackson's remixes are better than the original mixes. The Purple Party Mix for Prince's Partyman is better to me than the one on the Batman soundtrack. The 23 minute version of Prince & The Revolution's America on the maxi single is also better than the short version on the Around The World In A Day album. I like the False Fade mix of Mike's Bad better than the one on the album. There's many other songs where the extended version or the remix are better. Sure there's remixes that aren't any good, just like there are songs that are not. But to dismiss all remixes as the "worst thing on earth" is silly.

Invincible is like the longest album EVER.........It takes something go through all of it in one go.....

However, I've done Dangerous and HIStory quite a few times before...........

Dangerous is the album I grew up listening to (until HIStory came out)!!!!!

No it isn't. I have a lot of remix singles and many of them are better than the album or original versions of the songs. Like Bell Biv Devoe's remixes for the singles on their Poison album. The versions on the album are not as good as the remixes. In a lot of cases, Mariah Carey's and Janet Jackson's remixes are better than the original mixes. The Purple Party Mix for Prince's Partyman is better to me than the one on the Batman soundtrack. The 23 minute version of Prince & The Revolution's America on the maxi single is also better than the short version on the Around The World In A Day album. I like the False Fade mix of Mike's Bad better than the one on the album. There's many other songs where the extended version or the remix are better. Sure there's remixes that aren't any good, just like there are songs that are not. But to dismiss all remixes as the "worst thing on earth" is silly.
It's all down to opinions. Personally I consider them the worst (ok not the worst but definitely not good) thing because they can totally ruin the entire feel of the original song and turn it into something very mediocre. Plus, I've not listened to many remixes that I would put over the originals.

It's all down to opinions. Personally I consider them the worst (ok not the worst but definitely not good) thing because they can totally ruin the entire feel of the original song and turn it into something very mediocre. Plus, I've not listened to many remixes that I would put over the originals.
What is an original? Some of the songs on an album is a remix or different than what the song originally was. This is the 1st version of Helter Skelter that was recorded. It's totally different than what wound up being released. So technically, the version on the White Album is a "remix".
[youtube]9Gs2I52r19A[/youtube]
This is the stereo album version.
[youtube]ZPOo-2Z0KkY[/youtube]
This is on the mono version of the album and is a minute shorter and doesn't have Ringo screaming "I've got blisters on my fingers" at the end.
[youtube]-MlQbNagwVI[/youtube]
There is also a 25 minute early take of Helter Skelter that has never seen the light of day, not even on bootleg. So which is the "original"?

This is the 1st version of Let's Get It On and has different lyrics.
[youtube]N-g3DJp9Ods[/youtube]

Last edited:
With Dangerous I can listen in one go, which i have done many times. History and Invincible I havent listend to those in one go. Nothing bad about those albums. Michael still gives good kick ass tracks.

Listening to Invincible in one sitting would mean sitting through Privacy and Don't Walk Away again.

Why would anybody choose to put themselves through that?

:bugeyed:hysterical::hysterical:
Well, Privacy isn't all that long. And Don't walk away eventually ends, too. DWA is not my favorite either- but just like any Opera you have favorites and those that are not your favorites. :D

^^ I don't for a different reason....hahaha...I'll be listening to one of them, and i'll get through half or whatever, and i'm like,....oooh, i wanna hear that song! So I could be listening to HIStory and then I change my mind and want to listen to something else on another album...and then this vicious cycle happens....hahaha...

Same here lol

Back