Is Sony/ATV catalog up For Sale Despite Michael's Wish?*Update Post 57: Estate Will Not Sell*

^My source at Sony is worried about McClain being so influential on the new album. It's been a concern from the beginning. What's even worse is that McClain sees no problem getting the brothers involved in the project.

^My source at Sony is worried about McClain being so influential on the new album. It's been a concern from the beginning. What's even worse is that McClain sees no problem getting the brothers involved in the project.

McClain scares me too.. His song choices don't seem to be very good

For me it's pretty simple. Depending of the involvement of the brothers I will not buy the album.

I want that album to be a hit, but to me the dignity and respect are more important.

I will not support any idiot messing up Michael's work.

Sorry to keep this on the topic of the new album, but PLEASE GOD don't let the brothers into this... This is Michael solo, something far, far greater than The Jacksons...

I dont like Mclain doing the production of this album. His last two MJ works (to my knowledge) are songs; "This Is It" and "You Are My Life"...

McClain is also together with MJ listed as the executive producer of Michaels "Number Ones" album..... well I guess he just put the album together with Michael.. becasue McClain did not produce any of the songs on that album

Last edited:
McClain scares me too.. His song choices don't seem to be very good
Originally Posted by smooth_criminal05
that's scary!! MJ's legacy will be ruined under John mcclain's hands. Actually, everything pertaining to MJ is in a mess!

- His facebook page is badly managed.

- His official page is badly managed, they might as well close it down.

- a two and a half decades old rough demo of a song once released by another artist is promoted as a 'brand new song' which Mcclain claims will 'only define, once again, what the world already knows - that Michael is one of God’s greatest gifts.” oh yes, with such rough old demo!!! laughable!

- Opus! where's my opus? It's been a year and I haven't received it! I remembered they initially stated the book would be something 'rare' and worth collection, so there's a deadline for order placement. But strangely, they are still selling it! oh and hence, I want to cancel my order but Opus doesnt seem to have something called customer service!

- TII..POOR. Lumped rehearsal footages together and call it a 'movie'. If I weren't a fan, I would walk out of the cinema few minutes into the film.MJ wasn't at his best, plus it's obvious there's something wrong with him. It repels new fans. That's not the Michael Jackson the estate should let the world see.

- No official tribute or MJ event on the 1st anniversary of MJ's death. No effort is made by his estate for continuing and expanding his legacy. Everything is about making money!

What I don't get is that the estate has paid a lot of debts, all together of around 200 million. But the one big loan that's out there they leave untouched. Even though it's ending soon and of they don't refinance Sony can grab the contracts and say 'hey we want that half of Michael's catalogue'.

So the 1 loan that is actually worth way more then the loan itself is still untouched. That kinda scares me as we don't know if McLain wants the best.
Although ofcourse the loan will be easier to refinance now that there is so much money coming in.

But the one big loan that's out there they leave untouched. Even though it's ending soon and of they don't refinance Sony can grab the contracts and say 'hey we want that half of Michael's catalogue'.
its not untouched. mj refinanced years ago. where he was paying back so much each month or whatever was agreed to. that is carrying on now. with a lot of loans if u pay it back early you have to pay extra so it may not even be in the best intrest of the estate to pay it off all in one go now.sony cannot grab anything. there is no contract for any such thing

its not untouched. mj refinanced years ago. where he was paying back so much each month or whatever was agreed to. that is carrying on now. with a lot of loans if u pay it back early you have to pay extra so it may not even be in the best intrest of the estate to pay it off all in one go now.sony cannot grab anything. there is no contract for any such thing

Ah ok, thanks for enlightening me on that. I thought the complete loan needed to be paid back sometime soon.

Looks like they are getting the finances straightened out then.

no it didnt have to paid back straight off. it was refinaced around 06-07 and will be paid off i think it was said next year.its been paid of so much each month/quater (whatever the agreement was) it doesnt get paid off all in one go. abit gets paid at a time

Be Careful What You Read:

1. Do not believe the press concerning Michael. He said so.

2. Do not believe the press concerning the family. What makes anyone think they do not get treated badly by the Media?

3. If you cannot find a piece of film footage with Michael talking, his lips moving, take what is being said, by whomever is saying it with a grain of salt.

4. If you believe that Michael would have been happy with the so called renewal contract with Sony, I suggest you read Lynton Guest's "The Trials of Michael Jackson". It tells a tale which is closer to what Michael said than what other parties of interest are saying.

5. Michael and Sony still had business ties as late as 2007
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/media/article2028494.ece

For the last,... the phrase "uncontrollable spending" which was/is constantly used by the business and entertainment writers is BULL... It is used by a certain type of people who will not credit this Man with any positive attributes.

Michael Jackson worked hard for his money. If he have bought up a dozen bubble game factories there should have been nothing said. Donald Trump has filed bankruptcy at least 4 times. Leno has 300 cars and a 16 million annual bill just for housing them. Nothing said.

When did Michael add Eminem to the Catalog? Do you think he paid with bus tokens or maybe Sony bought it and let him in on the profits? It took serious cash to purchase the many additions to the Catalog over the years, to come up with his part. So it sounds like to me MJ did want any smart businessman would do, he put some of the money back into the business, bought items which value increases with age (art work) and enjoyed the rest.

Uncontrollable my ASS.

P.S. There are family member who are not my personal favorites, do not trust, but everyday some new credible information is comes out which shows, we may not know all the story.

Since Jackson’s death a year ago, the executors had considered selling the stake in Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC,
... since Michael's death I have feared that this would happen. And I don't believe it is off the table. When it happens .... then my wildest thoughts might be true.:(

Be Careful What You Read:

1. Do not believe the press concerning Michael. He said so.

2. Do not believe the press concerning the family. What makes anyone think they do not get treated badly by the Media?

3. If you cannot find a piece of film footage with Michael talking, his lips moving, take what is being said, by whomever is saying it with a grain of salt.

4. If you believe that Michael would have been happy with the so called renewal contract with Sony, I suggest you read Lynton Guest's "The Trials of Michael Jackson". It tells a tale which is closer to what Michael said than what other parties of interest are saying.

5. Michael and Sony still had business ties as late as 2007
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/media/article2028494.ece

For the last,... the phrase "uncontrollable spending" which was/is constantly used by the business and entertainment writers is BULL... It is used by a certain type of people who will not credit this Man with any positive attributes.

Michael Jackson worked hard for his money. If he have bought up a dozen bubble game factories there should have been nothing said. Donald Trump has filed bankruptcy at least 4 times. Leno has 300 cars and a 16 million annual bill just for housing them. Nothing said.

When did Michael add Eminem to the Catalog? Do you think he paid with bus tokens or maybe Sony bought it and let him in on the profits? It took serious cash to purchase the many additions to the Catalog over the years, to come up with his part. So it sounds like to me MJ did want any smart businessman would do, he put some of the money back into the business, bought items which value increases with age (art work) and enjoyed the rest.

Uncontrollable my ASS.

P.S. There are family member who are not my personal favorites, do not trust, but everyday some new credible information is comes out which shows, we may not know all the story.

I agree.
I don't remember where I 've heard this expression but I like it very much . Here it is - Believe nothing of what you hear or read and believe half of what you see . It fits Michael's situation now. Anything concerning Michael can't be taken for sure especially his business affairs.I think it's wise of him.

Back