Is It True That David Lynch Directed a Video for the Single 'Dangerous' in 1992?

But much much worse IMO. The only memorable part is his new dance move - Bones Walk - everything else looked boring and middling
Is "Bones Walk" the part where he walks with his arms straight on each side of his body and his head tugged into his shoulders? Because that's just an old move from Gene Kelly from An American in Paris.

Is "Bones Walk" the part where he walks with his arms straight on each side of his body and his head tugged into his shoulders? Because that's just an old move from Gene Kelly from An American in Paris.
Fred Astaire also does it in "The Girl Hunt" section of The Band Wagon, which MJ took a lot of inspiration from for Smooth Criminal, Dangerous and Rock My World

180720_DavidLynch_feat.png

Michael and David Lynch during the shooting of the Dangerous teaser. MJ looks still like he is in the BAD era, don't you think?

Michael and David Lynch during the shooting of the Dangerous teaser. MJ looks still like he is in the BAD era, don't you think?
I always thought that photo was from botdf but now that I look deeper....it does look bad era

It's from the 90s. MJ's appearance did not significantly change from the Bad Era until Remember The Time.

I don't think "Dangerous" was ever legitimately planned as a single. Maybe it would have been released as one after "Gone Too Soon" if not for the scandal, only because none of the other remaining songs on the album had any hit potential, but I don't see the sense in saving it as the 11th(?) single.

At most, it was probably just up in the air and was nixed once the scandal broke.

I don't think "Dangerous" was ever legitimately planned as a single. Maybe it would have been released as one after "Gone Too Soon" if not for the scandal, only because none of the other remaining songs on the album had any hit potential, but I don't see the sense in saving it as the 11th(?) single.

At most, it was probably just up in the air and was nixed once the scandal broke.
It was going to be a single. There's exclusive remixes of the song that have basically never been released of it. Along with some that have.

Fred Astaire also does it in "The Girl Hunt" section of The Band Wagon, which MJ took a lot of inspiration from for Smooth Criminal, Dangerous and Rock My World
You're right, it's from The Band Wagon and Fred Astaire. I got the movie and the dancer wrong!

He didn't significantly change from the Bad era at all until the late 90s, honestly. He just became lighter.

He made some enormous changes in hair styling. His hair in the video for Remember the Time and during his interview with Oprah, is nothing like the Bad era. It gives him a completely different look.

It was definitely planned. I think it would've been the last single.

But how far into those plans is another story, and the idea probably died off quickly by the time Gone Too Soon was released if not earlier.

Back