Invitation to the International Press Conference With Jermaine Jackson on September...

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
Invitation to the International Press Conference With Jermaine Jackson on
September 8, 2009 at Vienna City Hall for the Presentation of THE TRIBUTE In
Memory of Michael Jackson

VIENNA, Austria, September 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Jermaine Jackson,
co-producer of THE TRIBUTE, the City of Vienna and WORLD AWARDS MEDIA
cordially invite you to the International Press Conference for the official
presentation of THE TRIBUTE In Memory of Michael Jackson, the major
international tribute concert to be held on September 26, 2009 in front of
Schoenbrunn Palace in Vienna, Austria.
The press conference will be held on Tuesday, September 8, 2009 at 11
a.m. at Vienna City Hall, "Volkshalle", entrance Lichtenfelsgasse 2, A-1080
Vienna.

The panelists are:
+ JERMAINE JACKSON
The brother of the late Michael Jackson is the initiator and co-producer
of this special tribute concert and responsible for the acquisition of the
performing artists.
+ RENATE BRAUNER
The Deputy Mayor of Vienna has provided valuable support to insure the
realization of THE TRIBUTE in Vienna.
+ GEORG KINDEL
The executive producer of THE TRIBUTE will produce the major
international event, which will be broadcast globally on television.
+ CHRISTIAN BAHA
The founder and owner of the Superfund Investment Group is the Presenting
Partner of THE TRIBUTE.
At the international press conference the artistic as well as the
creative concept of THE TRIBUTE will be presented and names of some of the
artists performing will be announced. Further press conferences are currently
being scheduled for Berlin, London and Rome.
+ MORE THAN HALF OF THE TICKETS SOLD
The interest for THE TRIBUTE around the world is immense. The Internet
server-cluster of WORLD AWARDS MEDIA - programmed to deal with 1 million hits
- was overwhelmed at the initial start of ticket sales and was down for 28
minutes due to the demand. Ticket sales, as previously announced, will be in
stages in order to prevent ticket scalping.
The entire first ticket contingent for THE TRIBUTE, this means half of
all available tickets, has already been sold. September 1st the second stage
of ticket sales has begun. Andreas Egger, managing director of "oeticket"
which is coordinating the worldwide tickets sales of THE TRIBUTE stated that,
"We expect the first categories to be sold out very quickly".
Tickets for THE TRIBUTE are available via the Official Website
http://www.tribute2009.com and at http://www.oeticket.com.
PRESS CREDENTIALS: Media representatives can register online at
http://www.tribute2009.com/credentials.asp for THE TRIBUTE on September 26
2009 in Vienna. Further information can be obtained at
http://www.tribute2009.com

WORLD AWARDS MEDIA GmbH

Nina Ellend / Head of Publicity
Marc-Aurel-Strasse 10, A-1010 Wien
Tel. +43-1-533-32-55-0
Fax +43-1-533-32-55-40
E-mail: n.ellend@worldawards.com

Mag. Cecile-Veronique Kochwalter
Press officer of Deputy Mayor, Mag. Renate Brauner
Tel: +43-1-4000-81219
E-Mail: cecile.kochwalter@wien.gv.at

SOURCE WORLD AWARDS MEDIA GmbH

WORLD AWARDS MEDIA GmbH: Nina Ellend / Head of Publicity, Marc-Aurel-Strasse
10, A-1010 Wien, Tel. +43-1-533-32-55-0, Fax +43-1-533-32-55-40, E-mail:
n.ellend@worldawards.com; Mag. Cecile-Veronique Kochwalter, Press officer of
Deputy Mayor, Mag. Renate Brauner, Tel: +43-1-4000-81219, E-Mail:
cecile.kochwalter@wien.gv.at

© Thomson Reuters 2009 All rights reserved

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS106065+02-Sep-2009+PRN20090902

At the international press conference the artistic as well as the
creative concept of THE TRIBUTE will be presented and names of some of the
artists performing will be announced.

just some?

MORE THAN HALF OF THE TICKETS SOLD
not to be picky or anything but i like the P.R of that lol half of whats been released not the entire lot

this tribute seems like a right mess to me, not sold out and only 'some' of the artists being announced. Karma IMO for Jermaine trying to raise his own profile off the back of his brother's death which is sick. The only good thing to come out of it will be if any of the ticket money goes to those in need.

This part of the tickets page seems to me that they are covering their backs for anyone complaining about the performers they end up getting... i.e not big stars...

"GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All ticket purchasers hereby acknowledge and agree that all artists who will perform at THE TRIBUTE will be announced as described above. Jermaine Jackson and the producers will make every attempt to present some of the world’s leading artists, however there is no right or legal claim whatsoever that certain artists will perform at THE TRIBUTE. All ticket sales are final. Any refund or discount due to the performance or non-performance of a specific artist is hereby explicitly excluded." http://www.tribute2009.com/tickets.asp

Thats just my opinion on this concert.

not to be picky or anything but i like the P.R of that lol half of whats been released not the entire lot

yeah exactly, half of whats been released as they haven't released all.
I swear they crashed their own website on the day the tickets were released to make the demand look high... as in 'they are all going quick, get in now before they sell out!' - ermmm don't think they are selling fast...!

The jackson brothers and dad are PISSING ME OFF big time . All their bothard about it promoting record labels , talent contests , tabloid interviews and tributes and all other shit .

Sorry people u might not feel the same , but it seems to me that their just cashing in on Michael . The poor man hasnt even been buried yet .

Only jacksons i respect at the min are Katherine , Janet and the kids .

Others are just out for the cash !

This is all so suspect!!!!

Look at some of the charities benefiting:

"A substantial portion of the proceeds attained by The Tribute will be donated to important charities – in keeping with Michael Jackson’s humanitarian legacy.

Jermaine Jackson has announced the first three beneficiaries of The Tribute:

- Larry Jones’ Feed The Children (photos: Jermaine with Mr. Jones in Nairobi, Kenya), an international, nonprofit relief organization that delivers food, medicine, clothing and other necessities to individuals, children and families who lack these essentials due to famine, war, poverty, or natural disaster.

- The Larry King Cardiac Foundation, which provides funding for life-saving cardiac procedures for individuals who, due to limited means and lack of health insurance, would otherwise be unable to receive life-saving treatment,

- as well as Jermaine’s own EARTH CARE FOUNDATION whose goal is to ease, as well as hopefully eliminate, the suffering of children around the world.

I get Larry Jones' Feed the Children, but Larry King from CNN? Is that why Larry has them on his show all the time?

Also, Jermaine Jackson Earth Care Foundation? I did a Google search and there are two Earth Care orgs, but none list Jermaine as a founder or celebrity sponsor.

But I did find this blog post which breaks the "Tribute" really down:

http://mockingwords.blogspot.com/2009/08/fake-tributes-benefiting-non-existent.html

T
Also, Jermaine Jackson Earth Care Foundation? I did a Google search and there are two Earth Care orgs, but none list Jermaine as a founder or celebrity sponsor.

http://mockingwords.blogspot.com/2009/08/fake-tributes-benefiting-non-existent.html

I know just where is the link to his official Earth Care Foundation... it is a bit odd that...
The whole thing just doesn't 'feel right' and I agree with mj_insane that the some of the brothers and his dad have acted in ways that don't show much respect to their brother/son who has not yet been laid to rest :( Its sad, the only good thing about this tribute would be like I said before IF any money goes to charity and someone in need is helped but Jermaine needs to give out more information on this 'Earth Care Foundation' of his...

This is all so suspect!!!!

Look at some of the charities benefiting:

"A substantial portion of the proceeds attained by The Tribute will be donated to important charities – in keeping with Michael Jackson’s humanitarian legacy.

Jermaine Jackson has announced the first three beneficiaries of The Tribute:

- Larry Jones’ Feed The Children (photos: Jermaine with Mr. Jones in Nairobi, Kenya), an international, nonprofit relief organization that delivers food, medicine, clothing and other necessities to individuals, children and families who lack these essentials due to famine, war, poverty, or natural disaster.

- The Larry King Cardiac Foundation, which provides funding for life-saving cardiac procedures for individuals who, due to limited means and lack of health insurance, would otherwise be unable to receive life-saving treatment,

- as well as Jermaine’s own EARTH CARE FOUNDATION whose goal is to ease, as well as hopefully eliminate, the suffering of children around the world.

I get Larry Jones' Feed the Children, but Larry King from CNN? Is that why Larry has them on his show all the time?

Are you kidding with that link?...............last line "Man, where is Michael Jackson's shady doctor at a time like this when he could really be of some use?".............the allusion here is unbelievable, and offensive. Someone's blog is not actual info on the tribute.

I know just where is the link to his official Earth Care Foundation... it is a bit odd that...
The whole thing just doesn't 'feel right' and I agree with mj_insane that the some of the brothers and his dad have acted in ways that don't show much respect to their brother/son who has not yet been laid to rest :( Its sad, the only good thing about this tribute would be like I said before IF any money goes to charity and someone in need is helped but Jermaine needs to give out more information on this 'Earth Care Foundation' of his...

I found this page............."EarthCare International, a charity headed by Jermaine Jackson, focuses on those afflicted with AIDS and children who are in need" ? can't find any date related to the info or the "signing" though?

http://www.goodwilltreaty.org/featu...tional_Signs_Goodwill_Treaty_for_World_Peace/

This thing is gonna be a mess and will not be the fitting tribute that Mike deserves!

Why the hell could'nt they all wait until something more planned and worthwhile could be done?

It's not the same thing. The Good Will Treaty is a "peace" organization - not what was described by the "Tribute."

um...........yeah. no kidding.

the point is that the webiste names the foundation associated with Jermaine. I was hoping to find a date or some other info that is related to the foundation. the treaty was signed by his wife, who is mentioned as part of the "EarthCare" Foundation.

I wasn't posting the link to talk about the treaty.............? People are looking for info on Jermaine's foundation, no?

um...........yeah. no kidding.

the point is that the webiste names the foundation associated with Jermaine. I was hoping to find a date or some other info that is related to the foundation. the treaty was signed by his wife, who is mentioned as part of the "EarthCare" Foundation.

I wasn't posting the link to talk about the treaty.............? People are looking for info on Jermaine's foundation, no?

Yeah, now I see what you're saying - sorry!

Yes, we are looking for Earth Care Org or Foundation, or International.

I found this website that is a database for non-profit organizations.

I found for Earth Care/Cares:

-> EARTH CARE ORGANIZATION - Des Moines, IA 50310

-> EARTH CARE INTERNATIONAL - Also Known As: ECI - Santa Fe, NM 87504

No listing for Earth Care HOWEVER - I did find a 2003 CNN Larry King transcript
(btw, Larry King's wife is doing the Tribute show with Jermaine - double dip much, Larry King?):

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0301/09/lkl.00.html

They mention that Jermaine is the CEO, and promised to give a website but none was given during the interview.

I also got this from MJs website - http://www.michaeljackson.com/se/node/165411.

So Jermaine's "Earth Care" sounds sketchy at best.

Yeah, now I see what you're saying - sorry!

Yes, we are looking for Earth Care Org or Foundation, or International.

I found this website that is a database for non-profit organizations.

I found for Earth Care/Cares:

-> EARTH CARE ORGANIZATION - Des Moines, IA 50310

-> EARTH CARE INTERNATIONAL - Also Known As: ECI - Santa Fe, NM 87504

No listing for Earth Care HOWEVER - I did find a 2003 CNN Larry King transcript
(btw, Larry King's wife is doing the Tribute show with Jermaine - double dip much, Larry King?):

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0301/09/lkl.00.html

They mention that Jermaine is the CEO, and promised to give a website but none was given during the interview.

I also got this from MJs website - http://www.michaeljackson.com/se/node/165411.

So Jermaine's "Earth Care" sounds sketchy at best.

;) lol.

yea.........there is really NOTHING to be found about this that I can find online, except that one page I put up the link to. So strange.....

Jermaine might mean well but again the family makes decisions on emotions and not rational thoughts...

respect the Jackson family but glad they are not handling the estate....

Jermaine's Earthcare Foundation is a load of baloney - the more I've looked into it the more shady it all looks.

It does exist - its registered on Companies House in the UK.

And its about to be struck off!

Interesting company secretaries for it too - Kirsty Williams...who resigned, and was replaced by a Sajid Varda. Dig more and the registered addresses and companies associated with the same address are "interesting too".

Anyway, as far as I can see his Earthcare Foundation is about as authentic as Father bleeding Christmas!

From Companies House website:

Name & Registered Office:
EARTHCARE INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION
30 ELDON ROAD
READING
BERKSHIRE
RG1 4DL
Company No. 06279508

Date of Incorporation: 14/06/2007

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: PRI/LBG/NSC/S.30 (Private, limited by guarantee, no share capital, section 30 of the Companies Act)
Nature of Business (SIC(03)):
None Supplied

09/07/2009 REGISTERED OFFICE CHANGED ON 09/07/09 FROM:
30 ELDON ROAD
READING
BERKSHIRE
RG1 4DL

287 08/07/2009 REGISTERED OFFICE CHANGED ON 08/07/09 FROM:
328 TILEHURST ROAD
READING
BERKSHIRE
RG30 2NG

01/12/2008 SECRETARY APPOINTED SAJID VARDA

288b 05/11/2008 SECRETARY RESIGNED KIRSTY WILLIAMS

287 05/11/2008 REGISTERED OFFICE CHANGED ON 05/11/08 FROM:
21-31 GREAT TITCHFIELD STREET
LONDON
W1W 7PA

And link below to an article stating Earthcare was indeed founded in the UK

http://www.thedailystar.net/magazine/2007/04/01/personality.htm

It also states:

"Muslim Aid (www.muslimaid.org) is an NGO, working in several countries, and will act as implementing agent for the projects taken up by Earthcare. The two bodies will work in partnership in certain areas where Muslim Aid is established and in joint venture on Earthcare initiatives. A 0800-number will be set up for receiving donations into Earthcare from the public."

Why is it listed on Companies House if it's a charity? I thought Companies House is just for businesses?
If it's a charity don't you have to register with the Charity Commission?
And very odd that it should be in the UK (perhaps because either it's easier in the UK or Jermaine is restricted from setting up ventures in the US?). Who knows...

Does Jermaine think people are stupid? I'm really outraged at all that. Please people...don't waste your money.

I was thinking to go before,but now not a chance .I'm not wasting my money on this :doh: :rolleyes:

wonder how long it wil ltake for the media to pick this info up. and mj will get the blame no doubt

You know, there's "respect for Jackson family members" shout outs all over this board... How am I meant to?
I'm all for respect, and as against riddicule as can be, but I'm seeing this...
I'm gonna start spitting in a moment, there's such a bitter taste in my mouth.

I'm surprised the media haven't picked up on this if Jermaine's 'charity' is about to go under... its all so suspect and a mess if you ask me!

is it really nice to release a press statement on his show on the day when his brother is being burried....oh dear..

I'm surprised the media haven't picked up on this if Jermaine's 'charity' is about to go under... its all so suspect and a mess if you ask me!

And isn't it convenient that Larry King's wife is co-producing this fiasco???

CNN won't go against Larry King who has the longest running show on their network.

Back