Invincible vs. HIStory

Which album is better?

• Total voters

Chanya

Proud Member
Which album is better? I find it very hard to choose, so I'll hold back my own vote until I can really make up my mind. What do you guys think is the better album? For me it seems that HIStory has the best songs (They Don't Care About Us, Earth Song, Scream, You Are Not Alone), but Invincible is more consistant overall, with every song being good, which wasn't the case for me with HIStory because I didn't like every single song on there as much as I liked every single song on Invincible. So it's hard to decide. What do you think?

I would honestly have to say HIStory. I think the album was well put together and just brilliant. While I did enjoy Invincible, I have to admit I enjoyed the overall album more because it was MJ, and not the official work itself. GRANTED I enjoyed some of the songs like Speechless, Break of dawn, YRMW, and Lost Children. I felt like something was missing from the album, I dunno not very MJ-ish? And I know he had to evolve, I just didn't feel it as much as HIStory. Besides, I just love how MJ is more or less telling folks to kiss his a$$ on that album. He really let loose. JMHO.:)

Last edited:
I love Invincible, it's my favorite album. But HIStory had it all!

HIStory. I'm only just beginning to realise what an amazing and personal album it is. Invincible didn't feel that personally Michaely to me, despite being very good.

I say Invincible, even though HIStory is very, very good.

On Invincible I see Mike experimenting with a lot more production and directions, and though this doesn't always work out completely in his favor, I think Invincible displays Mike's subtle genius more than HIStory.

Both albums are good but I think HIStory is more interesting, it's more autobiographical & has better songs.

For me it seems that HIStory has the best songs (They Don't Care About Us, Earth Song, Scream, You Are Not Alone), but Invincible is more consistant overall
For me, HIStory has the best songs and is more consistent. HIStory has its own angry, emotional tone and personality. Invincible, on the other hand, I just don't get. Half of it is aggressive and half of it is very sentimental. I find it to be an odd juxtaposition. It is the only album of Michael's that I don't usually let play through. When I listen to it, it is usually only to listen to specific songs, not the album as a whole.

Invincible has much to offer musically talking...

Some of the individual songs on History I prefer, but as a whole, I prefer Invincible

I voted for Invincible. Every song seems so different from the other. It is like opening a tin of candy and each one though from the same tin is different. I love the difference. I know some people love that all songs in an album have unity but I like the difference in Invincible. I think Michael went in another direction which is what I expected him to do. I play the whole album when I am at home relaxing or doing housework. I love History but prefer invincible.

I voted HIStory. But I love both Invincible and HIStory.:)

No contest. HIStory has it's moments of filler, but many moments of sheer genius:

TDCAU
Earth Song
2 Bad
Little Susie
Smile

Invincible has some high points
Threatened
Unbreakable
Whatever Happens
Butterflies

But that's it.

Invincible with a good promotion would win easily...

Invincible! wins 100% :) It's my favorite album of all time, it's so diffrent :p

I have to say HIStory! When I first heard all of the song, it gave me like goosebumps. Which Invinceble it gave me half the goosebumps of HIStory gave me, but Both Album are so great!

Invincible is no way near the standard of HIStory.

HIStory is a masterpiece. Invincible is, in most parts, the sound of an artist who is so uninspired he needed a team of 6-8 co-writers on most tracks to get the job done.

Back