Invincible (2001) Vs. Michael (2010)

Re: Invisible (2001) Vs. Michael (2010)

So tired of threads about Invincible! It's a great album so let's appreciate his last real completed work! And let it stand on it's own! Thanks!
Yep! I LOVE Invincible; each of his completed works have been great in their own right and when standing on their own. The only complaint I might have with his latter works is that they tend to run long, but I understand that Michael did this to take advantage of the CD technology being able to run for up to 80 minutes of audio where as his older releases were made with vinyl and those time constraints in mind.

If Michael had released this album while he were still with us in the flesh and not in spirit, I'd actually be expecting a 15/16 track album as opposed to only 10 songs.

I have never compared his work. We must also consider Michael had technically way much more time for the new songs during 00's. Like selecting them and all. I wonder how much he actually did between 2002-2009. It can be suprisingly lot. It was different in the past when he was so hurry. Every musician just love it when you have just time to create new and some of the musicians love it just more...

Invincible will be better because MJ put his final touches on it, MICHAEL will still be a great album and given the circumstances, it will be the best we can get. I'll be buying atleast 5 copies of it , probably 10. This is my first album release ever, as I became a fan in 2004. It's very exciting, and I am counting down the days until Dec 14th!

If you buy several copies at one time - IT WILL ONLY COUNT AS ONE COPY SOLD -
I hear that will mess up the sold RECORDS STATISTICS! One copy one purchase!

I didn't hear all songs from the album "Michael" so it is kinda early to post my opinon, but Invincible is great album! For me personally Invincible is DA best album, very unique sounds, more mature Michael. All songs in invincible are amazing!

This thread worries me... "Michael", the album, is just a cd with unreleased songs on it. It's not appropriate to compare any future albums to the 7 Michael created, pieced together, and perfected.

It's like comparing a 7 course meal to a mixed meal of leftovers (from the best chef in the world though ;) )- these songs are going to be amazing and something to be treasured, but they probably weren't intended to be together on an album, and they're not perfected.. nor are they polished off by Michael himself.

Some of these songs might have been intended for a future album, but many of them are older, not perfected, and might not have made the cut in the end. The truth is, there's not going to be another real MJ album in the future... but we're going to have some awesome glimpses into the stuff Michael worked on behind the scenes :) .

I feel like to make sure that other non-fans respect the 7 albums created by MJJ, we need to refer to this one as what it is: an album mixed of unreleased songs. It's not comparable, and shouldn't be.

I prefer Invincible, or any album completed by the living MJ, to Michael.

I hate comparing albums. Invincible is genius and way ahead of it's time but it could have been edited better. I would have been much stronger as an 11/12 song album.

How can we compare an album from which we have heard all 16 songs to a new album from which we have only heard 2-3 songs?

I can tell you how I feel in january when I have heard the album Michael 100 times from beginning to end. It will take time. Sometimes songs seem to grow on me. So I can't say yet.

Totally agree with you. I will compare these albums when I have heard all 10 tracks on Michael countless times.

As we have still not heard most of the "Michael" album it's an impossible question to answer... for now I would choose Invincible though, it's a great album and it contains 16 songs compared to "Michael" only containing 10...

I have a principle - do not compare albums. Even people. I do not compare. Comparing can end in fixation with some thing, causing non satisfaction toward others.

In Michael case - fixation on an album/song can cause non satisfaction with others. In other for me to be able to enjoy I avoid that.

So I cannot answer this question - all I am saying is that, I know some songs would become very dear to my heart and I will enjoy them for the rest of my life, the same I've did with others songs on his other albums.

I really think that Michael will have better song.
As we all know michael is work hard this resent several years.

I don't think you can compare for the simple fact that Invincible was an Album MJ created from beginning to end. Michael is a compilation made by a group of people who picked tracks from over the past 30 years. I don't consider "Michael" an Album (even if the majority of the songs are recent). I pretty much feel like "Michael" will be the 4th disc to the ultimate collection, they could have created a final album for MJ, but they didn't. So it's not right to compare a real album with a compolation. With that said, I'm still very much looking forward to hearing the music from "Michael"!

It's ridiculous to say which one I like more. That's just away too soon. Unless DYKWYCA is included in MICHAEL somehow.. Then MICHAEL is better. Than Vince, thriller, and off the wall... Yes I went there and hatas can suck it! :lol:

Back