In which of his music videos MJ used body double?

Best4MJ;3904888 said:
That was in 1992. the tour started in June, do you know exactly when the video was recorded, I mean which month?
I just googled but it´s wikipedia so it can be wrong

1 Tour started in June 1992
2.Who is it was released as the 5th single 31/8 1992
3.Oprah interview was 10/2 1993

It´s obvious that the release of Who is it as a single had nothing to do with Oprah interview.
I don´t really know why Michael wouldn´t have time to finish the shortfilm.
Dangerous tour had a break in october 1992 couldn´t Michael have done the shortfilm then?
I think it seems like Michael was replaced with E´Casanova for another purpose.

I dont know what is happening at this photo, but i can say for sure - there is a double. But some people says - close person is not MJ. MJ is in top center at this photo. Maybe someone have some info?

I think some might be making this out to be a bigger deal than it is.

If MJ was not specifically needed for a shot, it's always possible it was done with a double for any reason (time, etc.)

I'm sure it was always him if it was dancing involved, though.

you rock my world doesnt show much of his face either i read somewhere that a double was used cant remember where or the name

MIST;3905080 said:
I just googled but it´s wikipedia so it can be wrong

1 Tour started in June 1992
2.Who is it was released as the 5th single 31/8 1992
3.Oprah interview was 10/2 1993

It´s obvious that the release of Who is it as a single had nothing to do with Oprah interview.
I don´t really know why Michael wouldn´t have time to finish the shortfilm.
Dangerous tour had a break in october 1992 couldn´t Michael have done the shortfilm then?
I think it seems like Michael was replaced with E´Casanova for another purpose.

someone in lipstickalley said that a person who had worked with MJ had said that MJ walked off after a fight with the director. I'm not gonna buy this as it doesn't make sense at all! I dunno what other reason it could have!

Did E ever say anything about it?

Oprah interview was in Feb 1993 and it has been said that after MJ sang WII in the interview the outpouring of demand made him make a video for WII. If this is true, then Wikipedia is wrong to say the video was made in 1992

It's so confusing!

There's no way, MJ would've used E as a double for TII. The reason is simple... E became to fat to be able to be a MJ body double :D

Corbis-42-36306785.jpg

Why not Navi? Cuz he doesn't really look like MJ... E was like a natural MJ double back in late 80's and early 90's. Just look at those pics:

art1c.jpg

x_5111696296.jpg

And here, as a comparison, is Navi:

88999135_full.jpg

wow! E has changed alot!!! :D

734145_10152395351305389_1552136998_n.jpg

Sergio Cortes aka Sergio Jackson

I dont know what is happening at this photo, but i can say for sure - there is a double. But some people says - close person is not MJ. MJ is in top center at this photo. Maybe someone have some info?

OH YES! I see this pic for the first time! maybe they used a double for the action scenes lol

did you seem him comng in the end?? what a difference ;)
All the time I thought Michael stood the "rain" himself

Michael did that scene as well:

Around 0:50 in the video. When you can see Michael's face in the short film it is Michael and maybe they didn't use any of the shots with the double. :)

he used a stand-in in "Leave Me Alone" video too, didn't he?

Does any of you know who was the stand-in in the BOW video?

And why do they dress up exactly like MJ if they're not gonna make it to the final production?

Last edited:
And why do they dress up exactly like MJ if they're not gonna make it to the final production?

Well if your trying to capture a certain image, it would make sense for the stand in to look as much like Michael as possible. Just trying to find out what the shots would look like with Michael, without actually using Michael;D At least that's my logic..:thinking:

I think it´s an artistic reason why Michael used a double in Who is it.
Noone in the shortfilm is the person they seem to be..

For the other videos I think it´s all Michael in the finished versions.
He was interested in doing films and I think he was very involved with making them.

the reasons for a double could be alot of things... Not saying this is the reason, but sometimes they only have a specific amount to time and dates they can film (rent out place) so lets say Michael would be in hair an makeup for x amt of hours, they could get some shots out of the way without him than perfect.. or if he had any reason not to be there. it could be as small as a business event, or he was taking a long sh** haha!! it could be anything..

No I don't really think its the poop thing, but I thought it was funny so..

So guys...

Did he use a stand-in in "Leave Me Alone" video too? And do you know who was the stand-in in the BOW video?

There was a body double in the remake of Smooth Criminal for This Is It tour when the person jumps through the glass,

Travis Payne confirmed that under oath on the stand

You can also see it in the film, if you look close enough. When Michael is standing getting ready to film with the green screen, the stuntman who was a lot shorter than Michael is standing beside a camera in the Smooth Criminal outfit. You only see his feet and the hat though.

Things like that are expected, Michael never did his own stunts. Except for maybe minor stuff.

did you seem him comng in the end?? what a difference ;)
All the time I thought Michael stood the "rain" himself

Pretty sure there's another video where he is standing in the rain. In fact, its one of the previews after the video posted in this thread finishes.

Michael used a E'Cas in WII because hehad to go on tour while it was still filming, at least thas the common explanation. I don't think the video was a one day process, music videos rarely are, in Michaels case, short films.

you rock my world doesnt show much of his face either i read somewhere that a double was used cant remember where or the name

I read somewhere that someone who worked on it said he asked Michael to cover his face with the hat to make it look more gangster(or something like that) but he said he actually did it because of what he thought michael had done to his face with surgery, to cover it :( Don't know if that's true though.

^ In 2001 Im kind of convinced MJ used botox or something like it, his face and lips moved very different at times that year. I heard the same thing about trying to cover his face on Rock My World, even when they show him his face is often shaded by the hat. At one point I tried to spot out when a double was in place and the only really time I could find that it could be though is when he does that slide move behind he curtain thing. Aside from that shot Im not really seeing any other place a body double could be put in..

Body doubles are put in in movies all the time at times that I would never understand really why, like someone gets pushed and a double is the one getting pushed 2 feet back.. that's simple any person can do that but they do!! Also the body double parts that MJ used may have been put in after filming with Michael, for example on who is it, they could have thought of the car and holicoptor scene after fliming and brought in E cas at that time to put those clips together.

Michael did that scene as well:

Around 0:50 in the video. When you can see Michael's face in the short film it is Michael and maybe they didn't use any of the shots with the double. :)

The stand in, the girl we saw in the other video, was wearing a black wig, similar to the one Michael is wearing. The rain is pouring down. That's what I think the stand-in was brought in for, to see how hard the rain could come down and not effect Michael's hair in the shot.

Stranger-in-Moscow-soooo-sexy-michael-jackson-28991238-521-720.jpg

^ In 2001 Im kind of convinced MJ used botox or something like it, his face and lips moved very different at times that year. I heard the same thing about trying to cover his face on Rock My World, even when they show him his face is often shaded by the hat. At one point I tried to spot out when a double was in place and the only really time I could find that it could be though is when he does that slide move behind he curtain thing. Aside from that shot Im not really seeing any other place a body double could be put in..

Body doubles are put in in movies all the time at times that I would never understand really why, like someone gets pushed and a double is the one getting pushed 2 feet back.. that's simple any person can do that but they do!! Also the body double parts that MJ used may have been put in after filming with Michael, for example on who is it, they could have thought of the car and holicoptor scene after fliming and brought in E cas at that time to put those clips together.

Many fans attribute the botox-like symptoms from that period to the symptoms of lupus. It's so noticeable though as it dramatically changed Michael's speaking and singing voice and changed his smile.

With regard to the 'stunts' in movies. Running the risk of big stars getting injured can be costly for insurance etc. I suspect at times it's just easier, cheaper and safer to use a stunt professional.

Lucilla - I have never seen that footage. Thanks for posting. And no, I don't think it's Michael there either.

^ My question his mouth and face not moving the same being result in Lupus, why was it only 2001 and parts of 2002 that it happened.. 2002-2009 it went back to normal?

For some deep, personal issue, around 2000, Michael made his nose smaller. When he realized this didn't look so good or help his performance, he went to Arnold Klein: "I rebuilt it [his nose] ... using fillers, I used hyaluronic acids, and they worked very well. It's an arduous procedure, because you don't want to put too much in. And you have to do it exactly, so you can flow the material so it's perfectly smooth."

Hyaluronic acid is a natural sugar substance that gives volume to the skin. It is injected to treat lip lines, nasolabial folds, crow's feet and for lip augmentation. Because this is a natural substance, no skin testing is needed for cosmetic fillers made with hyaluronic acid.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/about_5328429_side-effects-cosmetic-fillers.html#ixzz2iHikdZyK

You-Rock-My-World-michael-jackson-7960950-497-500.jpg

^ My question his mouth and face not moving the same being result in Lupus, why was it only 2001 and parts of 2002 that it happened.. 2002-2009 it went back to normal?

Well if you're asking my personal opinion, I do think it was an intentional cosmetic procedure such as botox. The effects of botox wear off after a period of time. Though I don't believe it ever went back to the way it was.

Well if you're asking my personal opinion, I do think it was an intentional cosmetic procedure such as botox. The effects of botox wear off after a period of time. Though I don't believe it ever went back to the way it was.

Is it just me that thinks MJ looked best in 2009 compared to 2001? Not in weight obviously, but in just the way he looked, I know it's makeup, but still.

Is it just me that thinks MJ looked best in 2009 compared to 2001? Not in weight obviously, but in just the way he looked, I know it's makeup, but still.

Definitely mate, I agree.

The better wig helped too.

Back