In which of his music videos MJ used body double?

Best4MJ

Proud Member
Hey guys :ciao:

This is my 1st post in this forum.

I'm a fan for almost 20 yrs but just recently heard that MJ used a body double in YANA and Remember the Time video! I know he used E'casanova in Who Is It , but I don't believe he was also used in the 2 other videos. I'm sorry if this has been discussed before.

I haven't seen any proof that there's a double in RTT yet. YANA, I have not heard of any double in that

in BOW? really? Actually I've seen a double in the BOW behind the scene. But in which scene did he use a double?

In movies they have used stand ins, moviestars don´t have to stand a long time when the cameramen-and women are looking for best camera angles, they look for the best light and other technical stuff.They use another person to stand there and when they get it right and they will start shooting for real then the arist/moviestar come and do their work

Thank you MIST , so you mean when we watch these videos, the final production, it's all MJ? I guess we do see E'casanova in some scenes in Who Is It

I found this but don't know if it is true or not:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_Michael_Jackson_ever_use_body_doubles_in_his_videos

"For a couple of scenes, yes.
Who Is It; when "Michael" is lying down on the plane. As he was somewhere else at the time and couldn't film it.

Remember the Time; A small part of the dance routine when you can't see his face. He had sprained his ankle, so was unable to dance."

Best 4MJ ,I think it´s Michael in the final productions except for who is it.
Why would Michael Jackson use a double in Who is it?
Michael was beatboxing it in Oprah interview and afterwards it became popular, they had no plans to release it as a single when they did and Michael didn´t have time to finish the shortfilm because he was going on tour...or..

There can be a deeper meaning in the shortfilm.
She wasn´t the one he thought she was , in some scenes the man in the shortfilm was another one than we thought
WHO IS IT?
I think I have to see the shortfilm for Who is it again and again and again.
Maybe there is something there I´ve been missing

I found this but don't know if it is true or not:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_Michael_Jackson_ever_use_body_doubles_in_his_videos

"For a couple of scenes, yes.
Who Is It; when "Michael" is lying down on the plane. As he was somewhere else at the time and couldn't film it.

Remember the Time; A small part of the dance routine when you can't see his face. He had sprained his ankle, so was unable to dance."

I've read that he had a nosebleed and he couldn't perform one of the acts (pic below)
th_normal_capture45790.jpg

I personally doubt that it's true. If it was a nosebleed they were supposed to wait so he would feel better. or if his ankle was sprained, he wouldn't be able to perform any of the acts not just one scene!

MIST;3904431 said:
Best 4MJ ,I think it´s Michael in the final productions except for who is it.
Why would Michael Jackson use a double in Who is it?
Michael was beatboxing it in Oprah interview and afterwards it became popular, they had no plans to release it as a single when they did and Michael didn´t have time to finish the shortfilm because he was going on tour...or..

There can be a deeper meaning in the shortfilm.
She wasn´t the one he thought she was , in some scenes the man in the shortfilm was another one than we thought
WHO IS IT?
I think I have to see the shortfilm for Who is it again and again and again.
Maybe there is something there I´ve been missing

I liked what you said about the "deeper meaning"

yes he wad kinda short of time for this video... so the guy who is lying down in the plane or the one in the limo is E? looks alot like MJ but there are some who believe it's actually E

E Casanova was in the plane and in the limo...Only in those scenes. For someone who is a fan is very easy to understand that the person in the limo and in the plane isn't Michael. And you can understand that he isn't Michael from the face and the nose. He is so different. Michael was on the tour then and he couldn't participate at all the scenes!!!!!!!!!! Also, at ''SIM'', ''Remember the time'' he didn't use a double. And at BOW and YANA in which scenes he used a double?? Is Michael.

Last edited:
MIST;3904421 said:
In movies they have used stand ins, moviestars don´t have to stand a long time when the cameramen-and women are looking for best camera angles, they look for the best light and other technical stuff.They use another person to stand there and when they get it right and they will start shooting for real then the arist/moviestar come and do their work

Yes, and that's what that BoW double was for, not to replace MJ in the video. I don't think there were any doubles in RTT, YANA or Stranger in Moscow either. Just stand-ins for the camera angle practices. The Who Is It thing is well known. That thing about someone replacing Michael in RTT just for one scene must be an urban legend. I don't believe it.

^ When you watch it in the video and also in the Behind the Scenes on Dangerous: The Short Films, that's clearly Michael.

Last edited:
In the video for the Jacksons' song "Torture" there was a wax statue instead of Michael... :D

It's not Michael under the hood in RTT. They ain't his feet. It is E Cas who did this too as he is the right build. He confirmed that, and Who Is It, at Mj Day 9 in London in 1999.

Of course it's Michael...!!!

You can clearly see him!!He sprained his ankle at the rehearsals of Soul Trained Awards. There...Not in the video. So in the video he could dance.

Last edited:
^ When you watch it in the video and also in the Behind the Scenes on Dangerous: The Short Films, that's clearly Michael.

Agreed. No way would they use a a body double when Michael was THAT close to the camera, front and centre like that (especially when that shot is set up so your attention is immediately drawn to him). His face isn't obscured either so that is undoubtably Michael :)

the scene where he's lying down in the plane/limo is very popular among fans I guess that's why some fans don't want to believe that's E. besides, it's not that easy to understand when you watch the film because of all the effects and so on...

yea, that's right. this body double nosebleed, spraind ankle thing seems to be just a stupid myth :D and if you think it can't get worse, a fan told me that he had a spider bite and he couldn't dance! LMAO! Spiders love MJ LOL

In the video for the Jacksons' song "Torture" there was a wax statue instead of Michael... :D

LOL, I found it's pic
169080_v1.jpg

It's not Michael under the hood in RTT. They ain't his feet. It is E Cas who did this too as he is the right build. He confirmed that, and Who Is It, at Mj Day 9 in London in 1999.

Did he really confirmed that? I've never heard it before, but I never really cared if it's MJ, we don't see his face, could be anybody. but how do you know it's not his feet! LOL

yea, that's right. this body double nosebleed, spraind ankle thing seems to be just a stupid myth :D and if you think it can't get worse, a fan told me that he had a spider bite and he couldn't dance! LMAO! Spiders love MJ LOL

I think they are mixing it up with the Soul Train thing.

Now, I don't know about the hood scene, but in the dance scenes it's definitely Michael.

I just came across all the videos that was mentioned here... So it's a complete bullsh... that it's not Mike in RTT video. Same with SIM and BoW which I believe MJ used stays-in just, as someone said, for setting the best camera angle and best light. When it comes to Who Is It... if you don't pay much attention you're not able to see it's not MJ in plane and limo scenes. Though, I made two screens which confirms that it's not Michael, and most probably it's E'Casanova

ml5es7.jpg

121bzsy.jpg

But I don't really care about those. In the shots, you can barely see the person and those were only secs that I could make a screen where it's visible that it's not MJ. IMO, it's one of, if not the best MJ music video, plus (I'm saying this as a male!) Mike looks great in the suit!

I just came across all the videos that was mentioned here... So it's a complete bullsh... that it's not Mike in RTT video. Same with SIM and BoW which I believe MJ used stays-in just, as someone said, for setting the best camera angle and best light. When it comes to Who Is It... if you don't pay much attention you're not able to see it's not MJ in plane and limo scenes. Though, I made two screens which confirms that it's not Michael, and most probably it's E'Casanova

ml5es7.jpg

121bzsy.jpg
It's clearly that it's not Michael. Especially in the limo it's so obvious.

MIST;3904431 said:
they had no plans to release it as a single when they did and Michael didn´t have time to finish the shortfilm because he was going on tour...or..

That was in 1992. the tour started in June, do you know exactly when the video was recorded, I mean which month?

There was a body double in the remake of Smooth Criminal for This Is It tour when the person jumps through the glass,

Travis Payne confirmed that under oath on the stand

There was a body double in the remake of Smooth Criminal for This Is It tour when the person jumps through the glass,

Travis Payne confirmed that under oath on the stand

And obviously there was a body double in the Chase Pepsi commercial and the rocket man on Dangerous Tour was a double too - doubles for dangerous scenes are natural.

And we have also learned that on Dangerous tour towards the end of Thriller, when the mask is on Jamie King is switched for Michael. I think that was so that Michael would be able to immediately appear for the start of the next song.

And obviously there was a body double in the Chase Pepsi commercial and the rocket man on Dangerous Tour was a double too - doubles for dangerous scenes are natural.

And we have also learned that on Dangerous tour towards the end of Thriller, when the mask is on Jamie King is switched for Michael. I think that was so that Michael would be able to immediately appear for the start of the next song.

Yeah on Dangerous and HIStory both there was a stunt double for MJ during Thriller, i still wonder about the magic trick during Workin It Day And Night on both tours and if MJ would've used a double during TII

I'm enjoying this topic, new information... keep it going :D any more videos?

I think MJ would've probably used Navi or E on TII tour too. It was supposed to be the greatest show ever so he would've needed double. Um, so did he use these guys on previous tours? why didn't he use Navi instead of E in the WII video?? any specific reason?

I'm enjoying this topic, new information... keep it going :D any more videos?

I think MJ would've probably used Navi or E on TII tour too. It was supposed to be the greatest show ever so he would've needed double. Um, so did he use these guys on previous tours? why didn't he use Navi instead of E in the WII video?? any specific reason?

There's no way, MJ would've used E as a double for TII. The reason is simple... E became to fat to be able to be a MJ body double :D

Corbis-42-36306785.jpg

Why not Navi? Cuz he doesn't really look like MJ... E was like a natural MJ double back in late 80's and early 90's. Just look at those pics:

art1c.jpg

x_5111696296.jpg

And here, as a comparison, is Navi:

88999135_full.jpg

Back