Imagine the "Hold my Hand" video

I'm not sure if any other Aussies have heard it yet, but I just heard the song for the first time on the Radio here in Sydney :) On Nova FM which is a MAJOR radio station. They obviously have the Legal Rights to play the song, so I wouldn't be surprised if a single comes out very soon/and video.

Michael rarely does music "clips", like most people's videos, though he's done a few, and usually it's with another artist or act, like "Whatzupwityou". I don't imagine it will be anything grand. But you don't really need anything grand for Michael to have a big impact. HE'S what's usually so intense about his videos, his screen presence is unmatched, the special effects and such are just a support. Believe me, if Michael shows up in a music video of any kind at this point, it's going to get PLENTY of buzz and attention. He could just stand there and people would talk about it.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if any other Aussies have heard it yet, but I just heard the song for the first time on the Radio here in Sydney :) On Nova FM which is a MAJOR radio station. They obviously have the Legal Rights to play the song, so I wouldn't be surprised if a single comes out very soon/and video.

Awesome

I just emailed my local Nova FM to see if they can play it too. I requested it and asked if it's an official single and said that a friend told me it was being played in Sydney and that I wanna hear it!

Ahhh! Good idea Damien! :)
That's great, I wonder if it is a single.. or soon enough.

Awesome

I just emailed my local Nova FM to see if they can play it too. I requested it and asked if it's an official single and said that a friend told me it was being played in Sydney and that I wanna hear it!

Yea dude, it was crazy. I was in the city and walked into a Cafe to get some breakfast, and BAM! it was playing over the speakers and right then i thought, wow, it must really be beginning.

Like I said before, and as you would know, major radio stations need to have the legal rights to play the song (correct me if i am wrong) otherwise they can get fined BIG TIME for playing unreleased tracks. Anyway, you would logically think that if Sony, or whoever the label is, plans to release this song as a single, then the first step is releasing it to radio, and wow it has made its way to a big radio station in Sydney so... i think it's all on from here. If I hear it again i will let you guys know. For now I can't seem to find it on the Nova playlist but meh, i heard it! haha

What I imagine for the "Hold My Hand" video is Akon trying to get back with some girl and following her around. And throughout the video, it cuts away to MJ dancing. You don't actually see his face but just the outline of him dancing, like in the video for Jam.

:lol: ... Is dancing possible for this song? Like I can see moving your hips around or formal dancing on the beach maybe... but like, who's doing splits to this song? :rollin:

i dont think Hold My Hand allows for dancing. Maybe some Heal The World styled stuff, which is pretty much nothing. Its more a song you would sit down and enjoy in peace, rather than get up and rock out to:lol:

Well dancing can be hard paced or it can be slow tempoed. Michael can do both. Any connection of steps that he does can be considered dancing, just to get technical, lol. I'd rather see Michael do two or three relaxed steps then watch an entire Usher or Chris Brown routine anyday.

Last edited:
1931005339_1.jpg

Source: http://vivalamusic.skyrock.com/

What I imagine for the "Hold My Hand" video is Akon trying to get back with some girl and following her around. And throughout the video, it cuts away to MJ dancing. You don't actually see his face but just the outline of him dancing, like in the video for Jam.

LOL, I don't think so.
Yeah, let's put Michael Jackson in our new video, but let's not show his face. WTF?
Trying to make MJ look he's some type of mysterious phantom-like figure is a bad concept. He might as well not even show up for the video shoot, if it goes down like that. Michael needs to remind folks that he's still alive and well. It's obvious, Jackson's only gonna have a limited role in the video, but a role that only shows a shadowy figure of him dancing would be super lame.
Just my opinion.

Hollaback.

U can dance to Hold My Hand just fine.. But since it will bring a softer feel, I don't think Mike would want to do much dancing if any since it will be his first appearance in a video to start his 'comeback'..

LOL, I don't think so.
Yeah, let's put Michael Jackson in our new video, but let's not show his face. WTF?
Trying to make MJ look he's some type of mysterious phantom-like figure is a bad concept. He might as well not even show up for the video shoot, if it goes down like that. Michael needs to remind folks that he's still alive and well. It's obvious, Jackson's only gonna have a limited role in the video, but a role that only shows a shadowy figure of him dancing would be super lame.
Just my opinion.

Hollaback.

I think it would add more excitement and anticipation for his own music video/album release (whenever that may be). Or like in 'You Rock My World' where you don't see the full face until the end :ph34r:

For me l think it will be something like "say say say" ,but l hope it will be something like scream.

This may have been said already...

Rather than it being a 2 persons relationship kinda thang, I'd like to see something along the lines of the Cry video, with more details and action like Heal the World/Black or White type footage blended in.
A global type thang.
:2cents:
That's the concept Akon said they wanted to portray...

;)

i think it will be an AWESOME vid cos whatever the king of pop does it will be awesome!

Hollaback.

I think it would add more excitement and anticipation for his own music video/album release (whenever that may be). Or like in 'You Rock My World' where you don't see the full face until the end :ph34r:

Nah, man. LMAO!
Eight years of excitement, anticipation, and waiting all so we can see Michael's face. That's still very lame.

Hollaback.

oh man! whatever it is I'm hoping it will be HOT! lol, not just cause of Michael, but i just hope that it's a good video that people like :yes: cause I'll probably like it no matter what lol.

So apparently radio stations in Australia have been given the 'go-ahead' to play this song in high rotation from Monday onwards :)

So apparently radio stations in Australia have been given the 'go-ahead' to play this song in high rotation from Monday onwards :)

Thanks for information. That`s great. I hope all other european radio stations will play the track as well from monday onwards.

Last edited:
Damien knows more info on it. He said he got some response from a radio station regarding the playing of the song. I don't know exactly what they said however..

No no thats not quite right.
Some stations will be serviced with the song. Which means the record company sends it to them to CONSIDERATION for their playlist. Each station has a team who decide what music they play and what music they dont. He EXPECTED that Monday (tomorrow) would be the day he finally got serviced with the song, and he said he hopes it lives up to the hype coz he has been hearing about it for some time now.. So he still has to GET the track, then let their team decide if they wanna play it, THEN they can put it in rotation:)

ahhh k..

But it does look like the record company is serious with this song in doing this hey? I wonder what the schedule is like for the release of the Single and Video.. hmm.. i reckon a single is quite possible for the start of September with a video in that same month, then Aquitted to be released in October.

ahhh k..

But it does look like the record company is serious with this song in doing this hey? I wonder what the schedule is like for the release of the Single and Video.. hmm.. i reckon a single is quite possible for the start of September with a video in that same month, then Aquitted to be released in October.

i am thinking it will become an australian single within a few weeks. at this point a "few" weeks takes us to begining of September. So u could be right;)

Argh... I just wanna see the video now! lol. I seriously have NO idea what MJ will do in it. I can't imagine it at all really. Concept wise anyway..

i don't expect it to be anything big and expensive. But as long as he appears in the video, i'd be happy.

i get a sunny feel when i listen to it...like paradise..on an island type feel..idky why..like very jaimaican...i can c mj walkin down the beach next to the roaring ocean..wind blowing in his hair..then n like this bedroom with his girl.the bed would be all white with the see thru canopy...lots of shots of mj smiling...and idk i cant explain it lol..i dont care about akons part tho

Last edited:
Back