If you had to show a concert to a non-fan...

Applehead Ale

Proud Member
I was wondering, which do you think it's the best concert to show to a non-Michael fan? to make him/her think ''he is the best'' or something like that :p. The best one I can think of is Dangerous in Bucharest, because like is the only officialy released it has great quality and live songs. I love HIStory tour, especially I really enjoyed the Gothemburg one, his moves are amazing and when he sings there he really do it amazingly, but it have a lot of playback or dubbed (I don't know the difference lol) and it may cause a bad impression on someone, or maybe they just won't realize it, like they probably don't are that familiar with the songs like SIM.
The best bad tour in terms of quality is the Yokohama I think, and the songs are not of the best of Michael's.
Well, which one do you think is the best concert to show to a non-fan for the first time?

Out of the shows we have, Bucharest would be the best for a non-fan. If we had a Bad Tour '88 show, it would be better to use that.

worked with my mam, non fan, that he worked with paul mccartney..

also i great dance like dangerous. (she is saying he is more dancer than singer)

I showed by non fan Bucharest and he couldn't believe what he was seeing with everyone fainting! He's not a fan but he thinks he's a phenomenal talent.

Ha, good question. I have the same plan, but I'm on the fence to show either Dangerous Bucharest of This is it. I know this is it isn't really a concert, but one might get a better insight into Michael as a person and a professional. But since you all advice Dangerous, I might go for that one. The presence of the audience and MJ's dancing are unbeatable there, I guess. And I also agree that we need the BAD tour '88 desperately.

i'm wanting to see the Victory Tour, after hearing what Jamie Foxx said.

but Bucharest and Bad look great, too. i haven't seen others, but the snippets i've seen from some HIStory concerts amazes me, too. MJ's talent is such, that it shouldn't matter. fans have been won in all eras, and sometimes, i think the fan perspective is skewed in some ways.

but the snippets i've seen from some HIStory concerts amazes me, too.

wait, you've never watched the history tour?

how many concerts of mj have you watched?

There's no way you should show the HIStory tour to a non-fan. They'll quite rightly laugh at the fact that it's 90% mimed and in some cases miming to vocals he recorded 25 years earlier.

I'd go for Bad as he's obviously in his prime, you can't go far wrong with Dangerous especially for Man In The Mirror, Smooth Criminal and the entrance alone.

But steer well clear from HIStory, as a fan for over 30 years myself I find it difficult to watch.

DWT Bucharest i guess. Mostly for the added clips of the crowd screaming, the mega spin in MITM and so on. Annoying for fans, but probably has a positive effect on "newcomers".

Royal Brunei for people with a little more insight.

There's no way you should show the HIStory tour to a non-fan. They'll quite rightly laugh at the fact that it's 90% mimed and in some cases miming to vocals he recorded 25 years earlier.

I'd go for Bad as he's obviously in his prime, you can't go far wrong with Dangerous especially for Man In The Mirror, Smooth Criminal and the entrance alone.

But steer well clear from HIStory, as a fan for over 30 years myself I find it difficult to watch.

It's funny that's the concert that got me hooked, i wasn't a fan until in went to the History concert but i'm not neccesarily dissagreeing with you although honesty like that isn't always liked around here, i suspect there will be people on your back soon enough using that dreadful word hater.

It's funny that's the concert that got me hooked, i wasn't a fan until in went to the History concert but i'm not neccesarily dissagreeing with you although honesty like that isn't always liked around here, i suspect there will be people on your back soon enough using that dreadful word hater.

Ha! I know, but won't stop me being truthful. I've said before many Michael Jackson fans may love the HIStory tour, true music fans won't.

Which isn't to say I don't love 90% of Mike's output in his 40 years of making music, but there were some terrible artistic errors, this being one of them.

Ha! I know, but won't stop me being truthful. I've said before many Michael Jackson fans may love the HIStory tour, true music fans won't.

Which isn't to say I don't love 90% of Mike's output in his 40 years of making music, but there were some terrible artistic errors, this being one of them.

Artistics errors, this might deserve a thread of it's only but i don't think it would be looked kindly upon. Maybe if it was called Artistic errors (adults only). There has been a lot of calls for History live to be released on DVD, i am not too sure about this, i would much rather see bad in wembley released.

I'd love to show the Bad Tour otherwise I would choose Bucharest even though it's not MJ's best performance. But newbies wouldn't notice that I think, when I started to engage myself in Michael last summer it was the first concert I saw and I was just amazed especially from Jam;)
Royal Concert was another option even though I think some songs like Jam sound better on the Dangerous Tour.
I wouldn't pick HIStory Tour because it's lipsynced and for me personally a part of the magic from the previous tours is missing. It's just too much show for me but others may like that.
If we would get it finally I would also choose Dangerous in Buenos Aires, it seems like Mike was in great shape then.

Think about this everyone

Number of Shows Per Tour

Victory Tour - 55 shows
Bad Tour - 123 shows
Dangerous Tour - 67 shows
History Tour - 82 shows

We've only seen a small fraction of the shows.

But to answer your question 1992 Bucharest is just...incredible. I actually love the History Tour shows myself. The 1987 Yokohama show is also AMAZING.

I was thinking of the Bad Yokohama, Japan concert as the best choice. Until I remember the first MJ concert I had ever seen was the Dangerous Bucharest Concert. I remember I was 12 years old and my only by marriage cousin who was a Michael Jackson fan at the time. She is a big time MJ hater now. And she knew I was a Michael Jackson fan too. So she had show me her Dangerous Bucharest Concert that she had taped it from when HBO had shown it. And I remember that I just instantly fell in L.O.V.E. with that concert. So I definitely think that is the best concert to show to a non fan.

Think about this everyone

Number of Shows Per Tour

Victory Tour - 55 shows
Bad Tour - 123 shows
Dangerous Tour - 67 shows
History Tour - 82 shows

We've only seen a small fraction of the shows.

But to answer your question 1992 Bucharest is just...incredible. I actually love the History Tour shows myself. The 1987 Yokohama show is also AMAZING.

That might be true but usually only the better performances are released so we might have seen or will see yet the best;)

I wouldn't show a whole concert to a non fan right away. I would first show a best of from different concerts in order to give a bigger picture and Michael's artistic evolution.

Dangerous for sure.
best quality!
and most of all, the only one I could attend, so I will be able to give plenty of details and explain the emotions of the moment :p

Full Concert
Dangerous Tour: Live In Bucharest Official DVD for sure!!!!!

Concert Clips (not included in the official Dangerous Tour DVD)
- Stranger in Moscow

For other clips of Michael Live
- Superbowl.....Just don't forget to mention that over a billion people watched it!!!!
- Brace Yourself (Lots of concert clips + infinite number of fans)
- Motown 25 (Full version with the Jacksons)
- MTV 1995 (Full version with Dangerous and You Are Not Alone)

Honestly, none fans don't know that History is 95% playback. So you won't go wrong showing some of the '96 leg. Michael is full of power there. '97 is cool too, but nothing beats History '96 of that tour.
And agree or not, but DWT and especially HWT show what true amazing dancer Michael is. Virtory and Bad are nice, but don't come close. And the live performances done 92-97 substantiate that.

Honestly, none fans don't know that History is 95% playback. So you won't go wrong showing some of the '96 leg. Michael is full of power there. '97 is cool too, but nothing beats History '96 of that tour.
And agree or not, but DWT and especially HWT show what true amazing dancer Michael is. Virtory and Bad are nice, but don't come close.

Yes I tought the same about HIStory, non fans don't realize about the playback, but sometimes he forgots the words and make it obvius LOL. I love HIStory tour, I know there's a lot of playback but he have something there that I love, his energy, dance, he also laugh a lot on stage. On Copenaghen when he says ''Brad hit it NO KIDDING'' love it. But why do you think 96' tour are better than 97'?
Besides the variety of opinions, most of them says Dangerous Bucharest is the best choice, I still can't decide :p

Hey I LOVE them all ..so in my professional opinion as being a Michael Jackson fan that I am...I say..Show them ALL....:D

Back