If someone else your fan of says something horrible about Michael

analogue

Proud Member
Do you still continue to be a fan of that person or do you stop being a fan?

I surly wouldn't be a fan of theirs for very long..Michael comes first.

I also wouldn't be a fan of theirs anymore. Like Rosie O'Donnell and Robin Williams I used to really like them at one time. But when they had said some nasty things about my Michael. That was when the likeness that I had for them turn to pure hate. I just can not like someone who doesn't like my Michael.

It would be very difficult for me to see them in the same light again.

Michael is the only person I'm a "fan" of, so I would really be vexed if he said something bad about himself. I don't know what I would do. My little head would probably explode. :p

I used to like Jarvis Cocker but after that stupid thing he did, any enthusiasm I could have over his music just gone away.

Last edited:
Depends on what it is. If it's in good fun, I can overlook it. If it's rooted in prejudice, hate, and all that badness, I lose respect for that other person. Good question!

I don't know. If some celebrity has said something bad about Michael, I tend to like them less (depending on what it is) and vice-versa, if they said something positive about Michael, I tend to like them more. I don't recall any of my favorite artists saying anything bad about Michael. I know several of my favorite artists were either inspired by Michael or worked with him, and some of my favorite artists were even before Michael's time. And I haven't really gone looking to see what their opinion of Michael is.

I guess an example is George Michael, who believes Michael didn't make any great records after Thriller. :smilerolleyes: but that's really only the worst he's said, and I think it's out of jealousy. I still like his music.

Michael is the only artist that I love. I only like some songs sung by other ppl , but that is all.
But yes...if someone says something bad about Michael.....he or she is history to me.

I guess an example is George Michael, who believes Michael didn't make any great records after Thriller. :smilerolleyes: but that's really only the worst he's said, and I think it's out of jealousy. I still like his music.

I have the same example. When George posted that some days ago on his FB account, I was like... what???? Where does THAT come from? :bugeyed But I guess I still need more context, for I really don't know the whole story (just that bit and some here on the board suggested I might have misunderstood his statement, so I really don't know).

It's hard for me to believe George would really "hate" or hold any bad feelings about Michael, since they went very much through the same hell with $ony and George acknowledged that back in the days.

I am really a big fan of George Michael and I was surprised to read his comment about Thriller. And quite dissappointed. But still, I love his music and his voice. I might have a very different opinion about personal matters, but I am no one to judge him. His comment, after all, was not full of hate, and he was not moking Michael. So I can handle it.

What I can't stand very well is people throwing crap and hate against Michael. That's simply too much for me. HOWEVER.... I have to say I don't fall for someone who says something positive about Michael. I simply don't. I rather focus on the music/art/actions than just on the words. See what happens with Justin Beaber. I don't know any of his songs, nor about his music. Yet, I know he talks positively about Michael all the time, which is nice, but that doesn't make me feel like "I looooveee his music", nor that I should hear his songs.

did I make myself clear? :scratch:

^^^
Yes....I don"t like Bieber eventhough he loves Michael . He is just a little boy and I guess it is OK that young girls like him, and maybe they will search deeper about Michael because their idol likes him. :)
You know....I remember 2005 very well and I remember who turned their back on Michael. I will never forget or forgive.
You see how it is ? When Michael was on the top of the world...( eventhough most of them were jelaous ) they all were standing in line to get a little piece of Michael"s glory and power.
Then there was 2005. A dangerous attempt to bring him down. Almost every single celebrity turned their back on Michael and pretended they never knew him !!!!!! How disgusting is that.
And now you have " loving - phase " again and suddenly all of them remember Michael with love and they were all such good friends.
No matter how I love to hear good words about him.....that is beyond pathetic.
Love should be loyal. There are people that were LOYAL to Michael through rough times.
They have my ultimate respect.

I never cared, but if they're being stupid saying or do nasty stuff about Michael, I add them to my "hate list".

Only if they think he's a pedophile, anything else doesn't bother me, unless they say something like he didn't want to be Black.

^I think I'd be more bothered if they thought he was a pedophile, only because they're maliciously attempting to pervert something beautiful and pure for publicity/money/etc. That should be universally disturbing as a reflection of just how far we've fallen as a society. They would both bother me, though, and I pity whoever believes either thing to be true, especially given all the evidence there is to refute the misinformation/deliberate twisting. It certainly doesn't make them look particularly well-informed or observant.

Im not to worry, Michael is #1, Orianthi is #2 and i dont have to worry about her dissing on michael cuz the worked together great.

It depends. I could never like an artist who would call him a child molester or said other really nasty things about him.

If someone criticizes him artistically, well, everybody is entitled to his opinion and I'm entitled not to agree. I don't have to agree with everything an artist I like say.

I have to admit I quite like the song "Disco 2000" from the Pulp and I have it in my MP3 collection despite of what Jarvis Cocker did to Michael in 1996.

As for George Michael, it's the first time I hear it and I have to say I consider anybody who thinks Michael's career ended with Thriller pretty short-sighted (and to be honest I don't even think they know much about his albums after Thriller), but he is entitled to his opinion. It doesn't really bother me because I'm not a George Michael fan anyway. I like his voice, he's a great singer first and foremost, and he has some good songs too and I don't switch channels when he's on, but I don't go crazy about him and I don't own a George Michael record, I'm not that impressed by him that I would buy one and I have never been. But if he did a record I liked I'd buy it despite of him not liking MJ that much. (BTW, wasn't he in one of LMP's videos?)

But whoever calls Michael a child molester, a freak or whatever rude names, I would not buy anything from that person any more!

Last edited:
Only if they think he's a pedophile, anything else doesn't bother me, unless they say something like he didn't want to be Black.

This is true but even then.....If he was proven pedophile he would have been behind bars so iHonestly wouldn't like an artist if they said something like that. Luckily for me the only artists iKinda like are Ne-yo & Kanye West who repect MJ more then any artist so iDon't think I'd ever have that problem thank god.

I never was a Madanna fan neither Bono but I don't listen their music anymore after thay said those stupid stuff about Michael.
Fortunately the ones I am a fan of lived centuries ago Like Wollfgang Amadeus Mozart, Ludwig van Beethoven or Charlie Chaplin. Like some of you said, Michael will be always first. :heart:

Of course I do not only dislike that person but I would hate her/him.

But if a person that I didn't like before says something good about Michael or states he/she is a fan of Michael, I instantly start to like he/she.

It's how subjective I am when it comes to Michael.

Some of the negativity is due to ignorance or indifference. Although I never said anything bad about Mike in the past, during the molestation trial, in my mind I thought there must be some truth to the accusation based on the theory that where there's smoke there must be fire, and I must admit that watching him with the Arvizo boy leaning his head on his shoulders and holding his hands tightly left me feeling queasy. I recall watching Geraldo Rivera defending Mike and thought him a fool.

But all that changed after he died. I was curious why the whole world was in mourning and started to investigate why. And what I learned shocked me to my senses and now you couldn't find a more devoted fan than me. Sometimes I surprise myself whenever I get into arguments in defense of him because I'm not the type. I'm sorry to say that the default attitude, in my country at least, is that Mike is gay and a child molester and it's going to be an uphill battle proving them wrong. For his sake, we should never stop trying.

I never was a Madanna fan neither Bono but I don't listen their music anymore after thay said those stupid stuff about Michael.

Seriously Bono and U2 are so damn overrated! People think it's somehow so cool to be a U2 fan. But I think their music is boring. I could never listen to a U2 album from start to finish.

(Sorry for the off.)

Some of the negativity is due to ignorance or indifference.

If someone is ignorant or indifferent about a topic it's better not to say anything at all! Otherwise you may end up unfairly judging people or/and making a fool out of yourself....

If someone is ignorant or indifferent about a topic it's better not to say anything at all! Otherwise you may end up unfairly judging people or/and making a fool out of yourself....

Exactly. But I guess that's what makes them ignorant.. the fact that they don't know to not say anything

Same here, I never really forgot what Eminem did and while I kinda enjoy what he does I still don't enjoy it as I used to, which is until he made fun of Michael in a horrible way.

I used to hate Eminem's guts for that but then I realized he's just a douche and he can't help it, he feels the need to openly show us that and I understand it. Be a douche, nobody likes you anyway...

Back