If MJ was alive, how well would Xscape do?

You all have good points here and i agree with what some of you are saying that if Michael was alive you would not see Xacape and that maybe true. Michael was only do TII because he was in debt and he had to do this and he want his kids to see what he did but after TII that was it for Michael he want to go into films making he had alot of projects lines up he was not going on the stage anymore. Now maybe we might have seen Xscape down the line maybe and if we did it would have sold very well because Michael would have put that special touch on it and help booster the sells and he would have worked more on the songs. That is a good question if Michael was here.

People take the term This Is It too literally sometimes.. Thinking Michael would have not done anything after this is it or anything more than what we know musically is silly..

first of all THIS IS IT was supposed to be 10 shows and was that it? No.. Lol.... In addition several reports have said Michael planned to release new music while doing this is it.. I also remember will.i.am I believe it was that said Michael was planning on releasing music differently, from what I picks up he planne to release singles and music but not albums in full anymore. As in albums don't sell and he knew trying to chase album sales would be pointless at this point.

Every solo tour was uploaded to be MJs last... I personally believe would have been his last big concert sets but I highly doubt it would have been the last of mj on stage performing... That's who he was and where his home was.

What at I picture I he would have released music and possibly did performances accordingly on award shows/special events.. He didn't want to perform himself into the grave (he said) but that does not mean give up the stage and creating music

People take the term This Is It too literally sometimes.. Thinking Michael would have not done anything after this is it or anything more than what we know musically is silly..

first of all THIS IS IT was supposed to be 10 shows and was that it? No.. Lol.... In addition several reports have said Michael planned to release new music while doing this is it.. I also remember will.i.am I believe it was that said Michael was planning on releasing music differently, from what I picks up he planne to release singles and music but not albums in full anymore. As in albums don't sell and he knew trying to chase album sales would be pointless at this point.

Every solo tour was uploaded to be MJs last... I personally believe would have been his last big concert sets but I highly doubt it would have been the last of mj on stage performing... That's who he was and where his home was.

What at I picture I he would have released music and possibly did performances accordingly on award shows/special events.. He didn't want to perform himself into the grave (he said) but that does not mean give up the stage and creating music

I was talking about tours not not releasing any more music. And I do not think he was into touring any more. Yes, on TII the 10 performances became 50 but realize the whole TII project was because of financial need, not because Michael was so eager on it. If it was just up to him and not some financial need, I doubt he would have toured any more. He said already years before that touring was hell to him and by now we also know why.

And like I said preparing for a single show at a highly publicized TV event can be just as stressful as preparing for a tour. See the case with the HBO performance in 1995. And remember during TII Michael did not die because he did 50 shows. He did not do one yet. But the rehearsals were already stressful enough to give him hell.

I was talking about tours not not releasing any more music. And I do not think he was into touring any more. Yes, on TII the 10 performances became 50 but realize the whole TII project was because of financial need, not because Michael was so eager on it. If it was just up to him and not some financial need, I doubt he would have toured any more. He said already years before that touring was hell to him and by now we also know why.

And like I said preparing for a single show at a highly publicized TV event can be just as stressful as preparing for a tour. See the case with the HBO performance in 1995. And remember during TII Michael did not die because he did 50 shows. He did not do one yet. But the rehearsals were already stressful enough to give him hell.

I have a question, maybe some one can enlighten me. Why was Michael supposed to sing live during This is it concerts when already 12 years ago he hadnt done that.

I have a question, maybe some one can enlighten me. Why was Michael supposed to sing live during This is it concerts when already 12 years ago he hadnt done that.

During HIStory tour apparently he had laryngitis and/or other health problems.

I agree with you on the music yes Michael never stop doing that he said in a 2006 interview he was in Ireland and Michael said he was still writing music he was sitting right there with William i.e .

Just think about it Michael has not been on stage for 10yr. TII was going to be Michael last tour no more after this he was done he said it himself. Michael had to do TII because financial problems and he want to also do it for his kids who have not seen him perform before on stage so he want his kids to know what he did. Michael said he could do ten shows but 50 was to much to much stress on Michael and like i said for Michael who has not been on stage for 10yr would have been hard.

Much better. Also we would get 16 "original" songs.

Last edited:
I think Xscape could have been a great come back for MJ!!! Even if I am sure he would have make it a more complete album with new unreleased tracks!
I would have been very curious to know if he would agree the way Xscape sound or if he would have changed something (at least on some tracks)!!

Well, I'll say this.. If This Is It had happened, and Michael released an album during or after the tour, it would have sold like hotcakes.. When you watch things like the World Music Awards in 08, or when you hear that 1 million people registered for pre sale tickets for the this is it shows (enough to sell out the O2 ANOTHER 50 times) After the press conference, OVERNIGHT, sales of Off The Wall rose 200%, Bad rose 110%, Dangerous rose 165%, and Thriller rose 155%. When the Pre Sale of tickets actually began, 2 websites offering pre sale tickets literally crashed, and over 2 million people tried to buy pre sale tickets in 18 hours. Tickets began to appear on ebay for over 15,000 dollars. If the shows would have happened, numerous records would have been broken including "The biggest audience ever to see an artist in one city", "The most amount of people to attend a series of arena shows", "The fastest ticket sales in history"

The world wanted MJ back, this is obvious. If Michael would have released an album at this point in time, I think it would have easily sold (at the very least) 17 Million copies.

touring

Well, I'll say this.. If This Is It had happened, and Michael released an album during or after the tour, it would have sold like hotcakes.
Concert popularity does not necessarily translate to record sales today. Look at veteran acts like U2, Paul McCartney, Bon Jovi, Madonna, Rolling Stones, New Kids On The Block, Motley Crue, etc. who have really successful tours, but their newer albums don't really sell that much and get little media attention. That's why the record labels have these 360 deals nowadays where they get money from their acts concerts and merchandising. This did not happen in the past when records still had big sales. The labels did not make money from tours, just sales of records. A lot of acts now do festival tours (eg. Counterpoint, Coachella, Essence, Rock In Rio) instead of individual ones. This way there is less financial risk and they can draw bigger crowds than they might have on a solo tour. Lesser known acts can also get attention this way to build an audience. Others like Celine Dion, Garth Brooks, & Elton John do a residency somewhere like in Las Vegas. They stay in one place and don't have to travel everywhere.

i think he'll find Darkchild again
maybe he'll release Trickey's version of Slave 2 The Rhythm
perhaps he'll find Timbaland and Timberlake

If he had a chance to release his popalbum and classical music album as he had planned it would have been selling good.

Michael wanted to do movies and in movies you have music and songs too.He could have released albums with tracks from the movies.

If Michael was still with us, I think while doing the 50 shows in London, MJ would have continued work on his new music..maybe even perform a couple here and there during the shows.

Afterwards, I think his new pop album would have came in 2010..maybe 2011. We would have seen songs like Hold My Hand and Best Of Joy on it, maybe Hollywood Tonight (going by the notes that was found with regards to what he was planning and wanted to do). I don't think he would have sold 20 million worldwide...maybe 10. I think MJ was starting to accept this fact in his later years. With the whole internet thing, you just don't see HUGE album sales like they were in the 70s, 80s and early to mid 90s anymore.

Back