If he died AFTER the concerts...

Would you have found it a little easier to cope if he died afterwards or not? If you had the chance to see him perform for a last time (just the way he had said in the conference) and say goodbye?

It may sound selfish but.. YES
It would kind of complete my MJ-fandom over the years. Now it's incomplete. I've never seen him live.

It may sound selfish but.. YES
It would kind of complete my MJ-fandom over the years. Now it's incomplete. I've never seen him live.
I understand you! I never seen him live too! In that morning I was so excited about the concert...But I felt in my heart that I will never see him...I don't know why! I felt it from the day I bought the tickets! But I said I am going crazy! And now I feel very sad because my heart told me the truth...:no:

I don't think God has a plan to take him or anyone else, if he did Gavin Arvizo would be feet under now, bad people would get theirs, not a gentle soul like Michael.

His life meant something, his death needs to, if it was prescription drugs then Michael's law needs to happen, doctors prescribing irresponsibly get jailed. I don't think you can blame the 'enablers' unless it is proved they encouraged it, what do you do if you have an addict in the family, you can't stop them unless they are ready to stop, and some will go on the streets or black market to get their fixes.

If every pharmacy had to run a prescription through a database they would see if there were multiple suppliers.

would not have made ANY difference whatsoever.

how can anything change the situation to make it "better" in a way. sorry but no

well of course who cares about the fact that the man had children? and maybe god forbid he wanted to live for them?! oh right he's had plenty of achievements and plenty of time to be happy he can go away and die now...How selfish can you be? it's all about your "MJ fandom". Michael was more than an artist he was a person, a man, when he was living life doing nothing and enjoying time with his children you were criticizing him for being lazy, for not doing his duty towards you his "fans". well now he practically killed himself trying to give his everything for these goddamn concerts, at least he died trying to please you right? he couldn't give you what you soo wanted and expected from him but at least he died trying to satisfy you and didn't lie around and think only about himself anymore
maybe it's better for me if I stop reading these topics there's plenty of shit circulating in the media already but stupid me I thought MJ forums were safe

well of course who cares about the fact that the man had children? and maybe god forbid he wanted to live for them?! oh right he's had plenty of achievements and plenty of time to be happy he can go away and die now...How selfish can you be? it's all about your "MJ fandom". Michael was more than an artist he was a person, a man, when he was living life doing nothing and enjoying time with his children you were criticizing him for being lazy, for not doing his duty towards you his "fans". well now he practically killed himself trying to give his everything for these goddamn concerts, at least he died trying to please you right? he couldn't give you what you soo wanted and expected from him but at least he died trying to satisfy you and didn't lie around and think only about himself anymore
maybe it's better for me if I stop reading these topics there's plenty of shit circulating in the media already but stupid me I thought MJ forums were safe
I personally wouldn't give a damn if MJ NEVER released a new song or any kind of material again! So that's VERY harsh and really cruel accusing the fans this way!!! And you also forget how HAPPY MJ was when all this happened!

Well said !!!

Some fans still talk in that demand way like Michael owes them the concerts. I was really looking forward to the 3 concerts I was due to attend, but sadly they won't be taking place. But even if Michael was alive, and he cancelled all 50 dates, I'd still be a fan because over the last 9yrs with the abusive media, the trial etc my biggest wish for Michael was for him just to be happy. It's a shame Michael Jackson the living man is in the past, we should all feel honored we shared this world with him when he was alive and not talk how it would have been better if he had completed his 50 concerts then died because that type of thinking is not respectful towards Michael. He owed us fans nothing, because he gave us everything from 1969-2009.

yes because i really wanted him to shut the world up and proove he could still do it, it woulda been ther perfect way to go
Exactly. After the shows, then it would have been like it was meant now it's just wrong...
His children would have seen what their father did best

On the other hand, there would be this possibility: that he would NOT be able to complete the concerts or that his subsequent concerts were not as good as the first few. Wouldn't that be worse in a way? He would be sooo dissapointed with himself and the media would slaughter him (they would do that anyway but you know what I mean...). even though he already PROVED his selling power and fan love.
I think everything happen for a reason.
So maybe in a strange way it's "better" that he died now as he died hopeful and HAPPY.

I feel this way.

Bu twhat if the concerts wouldn't have gone well? If something would've happened? Would it still be better?

I don't feel guilty as a fan about the concerts. Michael wanted to do them, Michael wanted to make a huge come back.
I couldn't care less about any concerts and new songs and shit if it brought Michael back. Had Michael broken both of his legs or something like that and cancelled the concerts I could have easily forgive that. Some concerts, loss of money or Michael's life? Easy choice.

I agree! This is the way I feel! Because he was not ready to go!

Exactly! Yes, it would have still been just as horrible, but I wish he could have just shown everyone and gone out on a high note at least. Released his new CD, saw it at the top of the charts, gotten to perform for everyone and show his kids how he performed, had more concerts for people to talk about and get focused on the music again. He had so many plans, and I just feel that he didn't fulfill his dream.

this whole thing SUCKS....

God knows best....no more pressure of proving anything to anyone...

no more pain...he was hurt by soooooooooo many people ... and was under alot of pressure to come through and do well for everyone...he never wants to disappoint...
a true perfectionist..

I am happy to have lived when he lived....and I am happy that he doesn't have to deal with this foolishness anymore....

what the tab say ain't getting under my skin becuz people's love and admiration ...emotions for him ain't changed by those stories...
those stories and those so called friends don't change my feelings
towards him...

at the end of the day what they are saying don't mean sh*t

I am still going jam everytime I hear his music and it will always make me smile...

We can not dictate and decide when someone's time is up. Michael has done, achieved and given more than many in his lifetime, we has tons of memories of him. We are all hurting by the sudden loss but I knew it was coming, I just didn't think it would come so unexpected but I knew and from what lisa has stated Mike knew it was coming also, yet didn't know when. We should always cherish the days that we have because we never know when our time may be. I'm happy that mike doesn't have to go through the drama, lies and pain anymore, he took too much on him and it would be selfish for me to say that I wish he was physically here to have him suffer through the pain much longer, don't get me wrong I'm hurt that he's gone and I'm hurting the most for his family because they lost a son, brother and a father. Michael has proved since 'Thriller' that he was world's greatest, he's already top many artist, he's recieved countless awards, had hit after hit, number 1 albums, I mean he's done it all, yes I would have loved to see him on that stage again but it was'nt worth it because to me he has given so much and I'm thankful that we've gotten the chance to witness a spectacular human-being. He will missed but the memories I have of him will live on.

Thank u Michael :)

P.s. As far as his good-byes, when you go back and look at the announcement he made in reguards of the 'This is it" tour, he's already said it.

" This is it, this is the final curtain call
You have to know that I love you all very much from the bottom of my heart, you have to know that"

I have to put Erica Badu's quote becuz this is what will matter in the long run
Erykah Badu
It's taken me a moment to grasp this ... I understand life and death are part of the same magnificent cycle. But ...I literally stopped and broke down When I received ' that' text . Mike's music lives in my DNA. It's bigger than tabloids...that music shaped me .

- Erykah Badu

I was not saying the concerts were a bad thing I was saying the pressure the pressure was too much people always pressuring him and expecting so much from him, and Michael in his naivety always trying to make everyone happy and putting himself last...it hurts me to know he didn't have any real friend next to him to guide him he always longed for a real friend...I don't want to get into a debate I'm just saying what I feel there are so many things going through my head right now and I feel regret
icon9.gif

the only difference it would have made that would actually matter to me is that his children would have had more time with their father...

Can i just point out that its not selfish for MJ fans to want to see him perform. he was the best. he wanted to be the best. he wanted people to yearn to see him live, thats what he worked so hard for. Yes of course i'd rather he did what made him happy, and i would never have wanted for him to stress himself out. but these shows seem to have been what MJ himself wanted

could someone who was needing / wanting strong painkilling injections have ever been expected to go through these shows? (i am honestly wondering).. would MJ have been dissapointed with himself if he had started them, knowing he would never be able to honour all 50 shows? i have no idea

No,it wouldn't have been better or worse. It would have the same effect on me. I do think it is heartbreaking that he died just days before the tour because reports state he was looking forward to it. That does break my heart but the effect is the same. We lost our Michael and most importantly and much more sad his children lost their beloved father. They won't be with their father, Michael will not be there when they grow up to be extraordinary individuals and to me that's the most unfair and unjust of Michaels death.

Back