I need to vent about something....

MattyJam

Guests
The whole fake vocals thing is spreading like a disease. Over at MaxJax I have seen fans doubting the authenticity of the vocals on Hollywood Tonight AND Best of Joy.

As a long time fan (over 20 years) I feel as if I KNOW his voice when I hear it and it is 100% Michael Jackson singing on both Hollywood Tonight and Best of Joy. I don't want to offend anybody, but anybody who doubts the vocals on THESE songs really doesn't know Michael's voice all that well.

I know it's only a small minority of fans who are obviously extremely paranoid following the controversy over the Cascio songs, but I feel really angry and frustrated for Michael. His talent and heart went into these brilliant songs and he isn't getting the credit or respect that he is due.

Okay, rant over.

The whole fake vocals thing is spreading like a disease. Over at MaxJax I have seen fans doubting the authenticity of the vocals on Hollywood Tonight AND Best of Joy.

As a long time fan (over 20 years) I feel as if I KNOW his voice when I hear it and it is 100% Michael Jackson singing on both Hollywood Tonight and Best of Joy. I don't want to offend anybody, but anybody who doubts the vocals on THESE songs really doesn't know Michael's voice all that well.

I know it's only a small minority of fans who are obviously extremely paranoid following the controversy over the Cascio songs, but I feel really angry and frustrated for Michael. His talent and heart went into these brilliant songs and he isn't getting the credit or respect that he is due.

Okay, rant over.

I think they are either extremely paranoid or they are so upset with the Cascio tracks being on the album, they are trying to stir things up by saying that songs Michael is obviously singing is not him. Either one IMO..

Even 3T is saying that they support the album but not 3 songs...But honestly if there is anyone who honestly doesn't believe that Michael is on HT or BOJ , then :doh:

Oh my godness. How can someone be a fan when he's concinved that Best Of Joy is a FAKE?

I don't know why it's angered me so much, I guess I shouldn't really care what other people think, I know it's him and that's all that matters. But it's just so frustrating watching some fans deny Michael the credit he deserves with these songs.

it's easy:

Monster
BN
KYHU

are fake. the rest are real :) Even Quincy Jones and Akon said that they don't think it's MJ in Breaking News.

I don't know why it's angered me so much, I guess I shouldn't really care what other people think, I know it's him and that's all that matters. But it's just so frustrating watching some fans deny Michael the credit he deserves with these songs.

Well, I guess some fans got very angry about the album and Sony after the Cascio Songs were leaked so they think that all other songs on the album are fake too. But that's just pointless. Some people seem to hate Sony and the album more than they love Michael.

I can't believe there are fans doubting the authenticity of the vocals on Hollywood Tonight and Best of Joy. I can understand them questioning some of the Cascio vocals - even I admit Michael does sound different on some of those tracks - but Best of Joy?? If we're going to question even those tracks, then we might as well question Billie Jean and You Are Not Alone whilst we're at it.

i guess some fans are getting paranoid if they start to question everything.

I think they are either extremely paranoid or they are so upset with the Cascio tracks being on the album, they are trying to stir things up by saying that songs Michael is obviously singing is not him.

this.
It could be MJ fans who don't want us to buy the album or some other fans who don't want MJ to be number one.

It makes me sorta sad that they can't recognize his voice on these tracks...But then again, I know there are some believers that think it's sad that I don't believe it's his voice on the Cascio tracks.....This is just getting ridiculous...:no:

The end game is that whether we believe the songs to be his or not doesn't matter coz the whole non fan community is going to think it's MJ and this will go down in HIStory as an MJ album whether we like it or not.
The only thing we can change is whether it's considered an epic success or a horrendous failure in 5-10 years.

very true. theres only one name tha twill be crapped on. not the cascios not mclain or branca or sony.

it's easy:

Monster
BN
KYHU

are fake. the rest are real :) Even Quincy Jones and Akon said that they don't think it's MJ in Breaking News.

And chocomarker pops back to spread his lies again.

Akon said no such thing. Quincy said no such thing. Having to post such rubbish (more than once), shows how desperate you people are, and why sensible people no longer take you seriously. (shrugs)

As for the point of the 'op' - the fact that 'the doubters' are talking such nonsense about 'BOJ' should tell people all they need to know - as if we didn't know already.

I don't know what to believe at this point, as I can see legit views from fans on both sides of this issue. If the Cascio tracks are indeed fake, then that is consumer fraud. The Cascios, Sony and the Estate could all be in big trouble with the law. And it wouldn't be hard to bring them all up on charges. I'm so tired of this mess. Why don't we just have everyone involved with the album take a lie-detector test? There has to be a way of getting to the honest truth here. Enough is enough.

Last edited:
I don't know what to believe at this point, as I can see legit views from fans on both sides of this issue. If the Cascio tracks are indeed fake, then that is consumer fraud. The Cascios, Sony and the Estate could all be in big trouble with the law. And it wouldn't be hard to bring them all up on charges. I'm so tired of this mess. Why don't we just have everyone involved with the album take a lie-detector test? There has to be a way of getting to the honest truth here. Enough is enough.

Agreed :agree:

Oh my godness. How can someone be a fan when he's concinved that Best Of Joy is a FAKE?

yea thats what I dont understand either. people saying "best of joy isnt michael!!" most likely became a fan in the last year or so, but like to think they know his voice. after years and years of listening to Mj, i can tell "best of joy" is him. it's hard to explain, but i think some of you know what i'm talking about. there's just certain pitches he hits that only he could do.

yea thats what I dont understand either. people saying "best of joy isnt michael!!" most likely became a fan in the last year or so, but like to think they know his voice. after years and years of listening to Mj, i can tell "best of joy" is him. it's hard to explain, but i think some of you know what i'm talking about. there's just certain pitches he hits that only he could do.

Agreed...and the harmonies...Only Michael can harmonize like that....

I'm so tired of the fake songs discussion that I'm noticing I've (almost involuntarily) started avoiding these forums...

I love the album, and that realization alone just makes me incredibly happy. Because it means that, to me, he lives on through these songs, and they add to and extend his legacy. Going in, none of us knew what we were gonna get with this album, and I was very pleasantly surprised -- it completely surpassed my expectations. So I simply don't want any part of that negativity, and yet I can't seem to enter a single thread without it being brought up. It's bloody sad and it doesn't seem like it's gonna change any time soon either... Which is even sadder.

Agreed...and the harmonies...Only Michael can harmonize like that....

and im not saying "only Mj can sound like" like his voice is "the best ever!!!!!!11" but literally, its like a nasal, breathy vibrato thing that he can only make.

if you listen to "one more chance" then "keep your head up", its the same voice. just listen in "one more chance" when he says, "one mooorrreeee(vibratooooo)" its the same thing on "keep your head up"

and im not saying "only Mj can sound like" like his voice is "the best ever!!!!!!11" but literally, its like a nasal, breathy vibrato thing that he can only make.

if you listen to "one more chance" then "keep your head up", its the same voice. just listen in "one more chance" when he says, "one mooorrreeee(vibratooooo)" its the same thing on "keep your head up"

Yes, I can see what you mean about the first paragraph...Agreed!

Believe me, I am TRYING to hear his voice in KYHU...I really am...but that's another topic altogether :cheeky:

It's a shame the vocals debate is being widened to bona fide MJ songs through excessive paranoia.

Okay, rant over.

All of the lead vocals on every song are MJ.

it's easy:

Monster
BN
KYHU

Yawn!! You honestly think anyone else could pull of Monster??? Seriously? There's a singer out there that can sound like MJ for an entire song with that many changes, etc????

Even if you think the song doesn't sound like typical Michael you have to admit that the performance is very good and it is unrealistic to believe someone else could pull it off in that style, even Malachai.

Come on, now. The conspiracy nonsense needs to stop.

Yawn!! You honestly think anyone else could pull of Monster??? Seriously? There's a singer out there that can sound like MJ for an entire song with that many changes, etc????

Even if you think the song doesn't sound like typical Michael you have to admit that the performance is very good and it is unrealistic to believe someone else could pull it off in that style, even Malachai.

Come on, now. The conspiracy nonsense needs to stop.

You have to realise that many people strongly disagree with you. To many fans, Monster sounds the most unMJ-like of all Cascio tracks by a mile (vocally speaking). So in effect, the singer is not quite "pulling it off".

Oh, this is all so sad.

Why oh why did they include these songs? :(

No matter what people believe, fake or not, if there is/was any doubt, others should have been included.

You can't piss over genius...

Back