I Just Cant Stop Loving You has debuted at #1 on the Billboard Top Singles Sales Chart

Smooth Criminal will finallt get its #1 if released as a single. Maybe it will even have the moonwalker lyrics :) :)

Even if Smooth Criminal now goes to #1, it won't be counted as a single from the original album, but rather Bad25. Billboard made that clear after Katy gave up on 'One that got away' and decided to rerelease her album.

That means if she releases P-cock and gets it to #1, it still won't count.

Last edited:
Even if Smooth Criminal now goes to #1, it won't be counted as a single from the original album, but rather Bad25. Billboard made that clear after Katy gave up on 'One that got away' and decided to rerelease her album.

That means if she releases P-cock and gets it to #1, it still won't count.

Why not? It wouldn't be a remix, but the original song!

And will the sales of Bad 25 be added to the sales of the original album??

Why not? It wouldn't be a remix, but the original song!

And will the sales of Bad 25 be added to the sales of the original album??
The sale of the Bad CD will go toward the original album - it has the original songs.

Just as Thriller 25 went toward the thriller album as it also had the original songs.
The 2001 Special edition of BAD went toward the BAd album and it's songs were edited versions of the original.

From Billboard: Weekly Chart Notes
THE KING REIGNS AGAIN: Michael Jackson debuts atop Billboard's Hot Singles Sales chart (which ranks the top-selling physical singles according to Nielsen SoundScan), as his 1987 Hot 100 No. 1 "I Just Can't Stop Loving You," with Siedah Garrett, enters at the apex.

The song was reissued ahead of the forthcoming 25th anniversary rerelease of Jackson's album "Bad." The original spent six weeks atop the Billboard 200 in 1987 and became the first to generate five Hot 100 No. 1s; since, only Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream" (2010-11) has equaled the feat.

Jackson had last led Hot Singles Sales with "Black or White" for four weeks in 1991. He had last topped any Billboard chart when "Hollywood Tonight" rose to No. 1 on Dance/Club Play Songs the week of June 11, 2011.

The return of "Can't" is the song's second this year to a Billboard survey. The "Glee" cast sent its cover to No. 33 on Pop Digital Songs in February.
http://www.billboard.com/column/cha...tes-carly-rae-jepsen-michael-1007346552.story

I just had to post this as I really love the header:clapping:

false. it was faked, manipulated.

I think it's referring to Katy. I have had my own issues with that as well.

Hi,

I have just joined the MJ community to enjoy the Bad 25 celebrations and wanted to point out a potential problem with the IJCSLY single.

The Right channel appears to be wobbly and distorted. If you compare it to any other copy, this has got a wobble like you get when you listen to an old cassette or an old walkman with the headphones not fully plugged in. Perhaps this occurred when dubbed to this particular single but concerning nonetheless

Could someone please contact the estate to check the version on the new album will not have the same problem.

Apologies for being a bearer of bad news on my first post but I wanted to try and correct this before the main event in the Autumn.

Regards David

Hi,

I have just joined the MJ community to enjoy the Bad 25 celebrations and wanted to point out a potential problem with the IJCSLY single.

The Right channel appears to be wobbly and distorted. If you compare it to any other copy, this has got a wobble like you get when you listen to an old cassette or an old walkman with the headphones not fully plugged in. Perhaps this occurred when dubbed to this particular single but concerning nonetheless

Could someone please contact the estate to check the version on the new album will not have the same problem.

Apologies for being a bearer of bad news on my first post but I wanted to try and correct this before the main event in the Autumn.

Regards David

could you explain this further? right channel?

could you explain this further? right channel?

Hi, by right channel I meant that what sounds wrong only appears to be in my right ear (with headphones).

If you get a chance play the song from any other CD and listen specifically in the right headphone you can hear the problems on the new single CD.

I only brought this up so if there is an issue on the new CD, which I hope ther isn't, there is still time to fix it. I love MJ as much as anyone else here, I want the new CD to be the best it can be.

The sale of the Bad CD will go toward the original album - it has the original songs.

Just as Thriller 25 went toward the thriller album as it also had the original songs.
The 2001 Special edition of BAD went toward the BAd album and it's songs were edited versions of the original.
Thanks for this info.

I think I might have missed something,

..Is "Smooth Criminal" going to be released as a single?

We don't know for sure but I hope so :)

no she doesnt hold it. different charts, different chartsystem, faked, manipulated.
michael jackson is the only one with 5 number ones.

I know Michael still holds the record. Chart records are not the only measure of greatness. So please don't be jealous of Katy. Let her have her day. We don't know if she'll last.

Back