I hope unreleased material will be released, but I doubt it

Re: Does anybody else here think Concerts will NEVER be released?

I'm sure one day we will get some kind of offcial live concert DVD other than the Dangerous tour in Bucharest, maybe a greatest hits live dvd? , with performances from the Destiny tour through to This Is It tour.
Michael willl wanna keep his name alive fro many many years to come, some may be released after he's gone . . . . . we will be waiting a long, long time yet lol

plus we get leaks, whos to say michael doesn't leak those ;)

ohh how im eating my words now :(

I hope they don't release bad concerts like HIStory Tour Munich... no offense I didn't like it at all especially Billie Jean's end dance!

I think we have a higher liklihood of previous unreleased stuff (like Bad Tour) being released now. Why? Because the money-hungry folks out there are watching the global lovefest for MJ and drooling, thinking, wow, if we release this we could make millions.

I think we have a higher liklihood of previous unreleased stuff (like Bad Tour) being released now. Why? Because the money-hungry folks out there are watching the global lovefest for MJ and drooling, thinking, wow, if we release this we could make millions.

Not if Michael (or anyone else that owns footage) never turned in the footage to the record company. Only the owner of any footage can put it out. If Soul Train or CBS (who owns the 70s variety show) wants to put it out, they can. But they still would have to get get permission from whoever the publisher is for any songs in the shows. Some of the concert filming was financed by Michael, so if he owns it, no one else can release it with out the permission of the owner of the footage. If the owner turns it in (like the Bucharest show) or the filming is financed by the label, the company can do whatever they want with it. But some groups finance filming and lease their footage to the label/distributor like U2, Prince, Motley Crue, or Stevie Wonder. In a case like this, the act owns the footage and the distributor can put it out for a period of time agreed to with the act.

Back