I feel Dangerous could have been even stronger...

It is well known that Dangerous is the fan forums favourite, dominating any poll it participates in and gains constant praise from the majority of members. I personally love this album!

I however feel it could have been even better and there are minor weaknesses on the album which could have been rectified. One in particular is the dominance of the New Jack Swing songs, particulary on the first part of the album, and another is the lack of love songs which had featured on every record Michael released up until that time. I love the risk that Michael took with this album through collaboration with Teddy Riley, breaking away from Quincy, and pioneering a new genre - but I feel some absolute gems were left off this album which should have made it on.

People constantly criticise Invincible for leaving off songs like We've Had Enough and Escape, when on Dangerous songs like For All Time, Do You Know Where Your Children Are? and Someone Put Your Hand Out were cut from the final version of the album. I feel these three in particular are far stronger than ICLHGA, SDMW and WYWTOM, and I feel it could have addressed those 'weaknesses' and could have made this album even greater (if that's even possible!)

Thoughts, people? :cheeky:

NO!!! don't touch my dangerous album. I can't let her get away, she drives me wild and why you wanna trip on me - IS what makes it soooo DANGerous :)

I love these songs!!! I diffinately prefer my dangerous album the way it is. The before mentioned songs is what makes Dangerous - they make you wanna groove and dance. I do not miss any ballads. they are perfectly suited on the albums they were issued on. "black jeans and a turtle neck sweater - I know that she is fakin' 'cause I've seen her look better" LOVE IT

I think WYWTOM, and . . . I'll say it . . . HTW and GTS could have been left off Dangerous. They're mostly themes he'd addressed more effectively in other songs and/or were too overly sentimental to the point of being corny. DYKWYCA is probably one of the top 10 best MJ songs ever imo and would have been a good replacement for any of those three. I kind of put it with Whatever Happens in terms of songs that more people should have known about. I don't care much for she drives me wild, but it was a cool idea with all the car noises. Oddly enough, I listen to dangerous more than any other album. Even with the songs I don't care for, I think it's the best of his solo albums.

I think WYWTOM, and . . . I'll say it . . . HTW and GTS could have been left off Dangerous. They're mostly themes he'd addressed more effectively in other songs and/or were too overly sentimental to the point of being corny. DYKWYCA is probably one of the top 10 best MJ songs ever imo and would have been a good replacement for any of those three. I kind of put it with Whatever Happens in terms of songs that more people should have known about. I don't care much for she drives me wild, but it was a cool idea with all the car noises. Oddly enough, I listen to dangerous more than any other album. Even with the songs I don't care for, I think it's the best of his solo albums.

How can you say HTW could have been left off the album. imo, this is one of Michael's most personal song and MJ himself said it in an interview that HTW is the song he is most proud of doing.

Heal The World has a very very important message and could not/should not be left off dangerous! + its one of my fav songs ever!:D

Last edited:
the songs you mention don't fit at all in the album. DYKWYCR and WYWTOM have kind of the same theme and the second is waaaayyyy stronger than "do you know....". it's nothing special. SDMW is such a cool song. Just listen to the lyrics, beat, how funky Michael is. It's TWYMMF part II. Maybe GTS could have been replaced with something, but is homage song and actually good. CLHGAW is weak and king of mish-mash, just too much. maybe could have been SPYHO instead
or She Got It (cool funky and fun one, again), but the same as SDMW and the second is better,
or Serious Effect (which comes close to SDMW again, theme wise.
If you look at the songs that didn't make it, serious Effect, Work that body, Monkey Bussines, If you don't love me (that one sounds to much 80's), they don't fit and would have make the album messy. and ITC RTT GITM and WII are definitely love songs to me.
ITC and RTT expressing the love to someone.
GITM WII about broken heart.

Last edited:
Back