I am going to meet Wayne Rooney!

Foxy..

Proud Member
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
Just thought this was a good place to vent my excitement about what I found out today.. I entered a competition a few weeks ago to vote for who I thought was the best player of the month in the English Premier League and didn't think anything else of it.

However, today, I looked at my emails to find that I have won "the opportunity to present Wayne Rooney with his award at a forthcoming homegame (date TBC), 2 tickets to the match (as you can also be accompanied by one guest), club hospitality and a signed, framed photograph of yourself presenting this prestigious award to your chosen player."

This is massive for me as I am a huge Manchester United fan! I am nervous though, I think they present these things on the pitch before the football game, so many people! I am nervous enough about meeting such a huge legend as it is!

This is what I will be presenting to him - http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6000481,00.html

And this is a little example of Wayne Rooney playing his best football:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcXpKNM3xFc

So yeah, I just thought I would post this here.. very excited!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6000481,00.html

Rooney has presumably eliminated Milan from the Champions League. As an Inter fan I'm glad. Thank you Rooney.

Enjoy! ;-)

WOW Foxy! Congratulations!!!! How incredible! Rooney is already a legend of the game. WOW, seriously. Thrilled for you!
I support Arsenal by the way. ;) haha

WOW Foxy! Congratulations!!!! How incredible! Rooney is already a legend of the game. WOW, seriously. Thrilled for you!
I support Arsenal by the way. ;) haha

Thanks! I can't wait! Boooo Arsenal ;) But I admire Fabregas and Arshavin.. great players who should come to United :D haha! Hope Ramsey recovers sooner rather than later, that was a nasty injury!

That's awesome! Congratulations! Don't be nervous, you'll do fine. I wish I could meet some of my favorite footballers. :D

And...ahem..Fabregas will go to Spain before he goes to another team in the EPL I think.

Rooney has presumably eliminated Milan from the Champions League. As an Inter fan I'm glad. Thank you Rooney.

Enjoy! ;-)

Too bad you cheer Inter!! Milan still has hope and if it weren't for Van Der Sar, they would have lost. Kudos to Rooney though. Fantastic forward who's merciless when given any chance. Milan still can win it. We can. Damn Inter (had to say it lol) Congrats to you Foxy it is cool to meet someone as talented as Rooney and present him an award. We went a little of topic :)

thats so exciting!! hes one of my fav players on the English National Team!!! have fun!! and wish him and his team luck at the World Cup for me ;)

Thanks! I can't wait! Boooo Arsenal ;) But I admire Fabregas and Arshavin.. great players who should come to United :D haha! Hope Ramsey recovers sooner rather than later, that was a nasty injury!

I know, it was horrible eh? Can't believe it happened again after Eduardo.
I think Barca might have you beaten for Fabregas...;)
Love Arshavin too!

Just thought this was a good place to vent my excitement about what I found out today.. I entered a competition a few weeks ago to vote for who I thought was the best player of the month in the English Premier League and didn't think anything else of it.

However, today, I looked at my emails to find that I have won "the opportunity to present Wayne Rooney with his award at a forthcoming homegame (date TBC), 2 tickets to the match (as you can also be accompanied by one guest), club hospitality and a signed, framed photograph of yourself presenting this prestigious award to your chosen player."

This is massive for me as I am a huge Manchester United fan! I am nervous though, I think they present these things on the pitch before the football game, so many people! I am nervous enough about meeting such a huge legend as it is!

This is what I will be presenting to him - http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6000481,00.html

And this is a little example of Wayne Rooney playing his best football:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcXpKNM3xFc

So yeah, I just thought I would post this here.. very excited!

:mello:

I am a Manchester United season ticket holder and can I just say that I really hate you right now :ninja: ;) I'll be at the game of course and please give a wave to the Stretford End (Which is where I sit and will be the stand to your right + plus its the loudest stand as you present the trophy to him and getting your picture taken ;) ). Plus on a very important game as well so its gonna be packed to the near full capacity of 67,000 people :p

:wild: That's so cool! Good luck, I can totally understand your nervousness, that's a huge thing!
Definitely post pics afterwards :)

lol cool i wasn't much of a Football fan to be honest , but i'm happy for you congrats :D

Cool i support united , aren't we top of the table/leauge

Im not good with football terminology

Yes you are. :lol: But Chelsea have a game in hand (you've played 29 games and they've played 28) so they could overtake you and be the leaders by one if they win that game in hand. Man U currently stand 2 points ahead of Chelsea and Arsenal (who Chelsea also have a game in hand over). GEDDIT??? :lol:

I think someone's a closet Chelsea fan Emerald :p

Arsenal have the easier run in to the end of the season though whilst United and Chelsea have some tough fixtures (United have Liverpool and Chelsea at home still to come!).

Got the news!

"Hi James,

The presentation date has now been confirmed as Saturday 3rd April v Chelsea, 12.45pm KO.

I will send a full itinerary nearer the time."
Oooh now you can start panicking and waiting that day.. lol I'm just kidding :p You'll be fine! :)

I think someone's a closet Chelsea fan Emerald :p

PAH! You have got to be kidding me. :lol:

thrillerchild said:
Arsenal have the easier run in to the end of the season though whilst United and Chelsea have some tough fixtures (United have Liverpool and Chelsea at home still to come!).

Yeah! Exciting stuff!
Chelsea had an unexpected slip up at Ewood Park thankfully! United just about beat Liverpool.

Got the news!

"Hi James,

The presentation date has now been confirmed as Saturday 3rd April v Chelsea, 12.45pm KO.

I will send a full itinerary nearer the time."

:clap:

It's not so bad, there's only gonna be 76,000 people looking at you... plus the tv-viewers.. LOL.... :wild:

I went to a game there ones, and it was pretty amazing.. I found the Manchester supporters to be quite boring though.. they could only make some noise, when their team scored . ... but then we could sing.." you only sing when your winning.." The 3 times Man U scored, the fans went O-lay O lay O lay O laaaay.. and that was it!

Good luck at Old Trafford..

I'll make sure to charge my phone up well before leaving for the game James ;) I loved the atmosphere at the Liverfool game! My throat was so sore after it :D

Mysterygirl7: Unfortunately a big portion of the United fans don't sing at all and expect to be entertained. They don't go to support they go to watch...its very sad :(

Back