How Would You Rate The Bucharest DVD?

I haven't seen this tour in full, I will buy it on dvd sooner or later. He only did 16 songs? Is that alot for a tour? Plus the medley of Jackson 5 songs.

BTW does he lip sync in this tour? Sometimes I can't watch the HIstory tour because of the lip syncing! He could have pre recorded live vocals like Janet and other artists do, but he just lip synced to the cd version! I love to see the choreography and just see him on stage though.

I haven't seen this tour in full, I will buy it on dvd sooner or later. He only did 16 songs? Is that alot for a tour? Plus the medley of Jackson 5 songs.

BTW does he lip sync in this tour? Sometimes I can't watch the HIstory tour because of the lip syncing! He could have pre recorded live vocals like Janet and other artists do, but he just lip synced to the cd version! I love to see the choreography and just see him on stage though.

aww u've never seen it in full? are u a new fan? and nope 16songs is about the length of a otur. some artist do more.. but u get interludes in stuff inbetween

aww u've never seen it in full? are u a new fan? and nope 16songs is about the length of a otur. some artist do more.. but u get interludes in stuff inbetween

Thanks! No I'm not a new fan, thats why its even worse. I haven't seen Captain E.O in full either:doh:
:bugeyedI was born in '89(1989 rofl) and I've been a fan all my entire life, and I dont know why I never saw it. I need a slap, I'm a bad fan:(

What is Mike saying when he's add libbing on Beat It? To me it sounds like ''Stay by the sea, don't get it wrong, you wanna party''

Weird i know but that's what it sounds like to me lol

What is Mike saying when he's add libbing on Beat It? To me it sounds like ''Stay by the sea, don't get it wrong, you wanna party''

Weird i know but that's what it sounds like to me lol

It sounds like that. Michael sounded weird during the entire "Beat It" segment. It also sounds like he saying "don't come around this shed" in the beginning rather then "don't come around here". :blink:

He stretched the length of all 16 songs plus there were segments of other stuff on a megatron and Michael took a while before he could come out and do the song. And yeah he lip synced. He still sung live but he did try to sing along.

well, with a concert as energetic as that, the lip-synching parts are forgivable. in fact, u hardly will notice it!

He didn't lip synch that much. I think he sang the majority of the songs live, no?

Thanks! No I'm not a new fan, thats why its even worse. I haven't seen Captain E.O in full either:doh:
:bugeyedI was born in '89(1989 rofl) and I've been a fan all my entire life, and I dont know why I never saw it. I need a slap, I'm a bad fan:(

Its okay. I was born in '89 too and I've been a fan as long as I can remember (my mom tells me I've been singing MJ songs since I was 2 :lol:) and I had never seen Captain EO at all until 2 days ago so don't feel bad.

It sounds like that. Michael sounded weird during the entire "Beat It" segment. It also sounds like he saying "don't come around this shed" in the beginning rather then "don't come around here". :blink:

I always thought he sang ''Don't come around s**t'' lol

Songs that are sung live

Wanna Be Startin Somethin
Human Nature
I Just Can't Stop Loving You
She's Out Of My Life
Jackson 5 Medley
I'll Be There
Billie Jean
Working Day And Night
Beat It

Songs that are lip synced

Jam
Smooth Criminal
Thriller
Will You Be There
Black Or White
Heal The World
Man In The Mirror

Songs that are sung live

Wanna Be Startin Somethin
Human Nature
I Just Can't Stop Loving You
She's Out Of My Life
Jackson 5 Medley
I'll Be There
Billie Jean
Working Day And Night
Beat It

Songs that are lip synced

Jam
Smooth Criminal
Thriller
Will You Be There
Black Or White
Heal The World
Man In The Mirror

And he could be barely heard on "Jam", he sung live in the last part of "Smooth Criminal", and of course sung near the end of the "Man in the Mirror" performance so for the most part the show was 50% live and 50% lip-synced at best.

awww..c'mon guys. overall the concert was excellent! so what if he lip synched? it is very forgivable given the amount of dancing he made. it is not easy to be singing and dancing at the same time,is it?

LOL!! Yes, MJ used an expletive! ....Of course I'm referring to sh*t :yes:

The only songs that Michael may have lip synced on the Live In Bucharest DVD are Jam and Will You Be There.

It should be remembered that Michael was ill on the Dangerous Tour, and on this specific concert Michael was performing with throat problems and remaining dates of the European Tour were cancelled early after the Bucharest concert.

Yes Michael also released audio tapes messages to the fans when he had to cancel various late 1993 concerts.

Look here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dangerous_Tour

The only songs that Michael may have lip synced on the Live In Bucharest DVD are Jam and Will You Be There.

Well...no! lol...MJ lip synched:

Jam
WYBT (apart from the spoken ending)
Black Or White
Thriller
Most of Man In The Mirror (apart from the ad-libs at the end)
Smooth Criminal (apart from the very last line)
And Heal The World (again, apart from a few lines at the very end)

Last edited:
Hmm, well, I love the Bucharest concert! I'm a pretty new fan though and actually Bucharest and some random concert during the History tour ( I think it was Copenhagen or something...) are the only concerts I've ever seen all the way through, so I guess I don't really have much to compare it to. When I first saw it, I was completely blown away by the Bucharest DVD because I'd never really seen MJ perform on stage, I'd only seen his music videos and stuff. I still LOVE the Man In the Mirror performance.

I love it cause.....idk, cause it's Michael!!!

But OH MY GOOOOOSH I am in looooooooooooooooove with the performance of

:wub:I JUST CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU:wub:
i looooove his ad-libs at the end, and I just love the whole thing!!!

oh yeah, and I also loooooooove when he changes into the white tee with the white button-up! *SIGH*

Well...no! lol...MJ lip synched:

Jam
WYBT (apart from the spoken ending)
Black Or White
Thriller
Most of Man In The Mirror (apart from the ad-libs at the end)
Smooth Criminal (apart from the very last line)
And Heal The World (again, apart from a few lines at the very end)

You could be right. I haven't watched the Live in Bucharest concert for years, that's how much I hate it. I tried to recently but had to switch it off, because it's a terrible in my opinion.

You could be right. I haven't watched the Live in Bucharest concert for years, that's how much I hate it. I tried to recently but had to switch it off, because it's a terrible in my opinion.

hahha ooh comeone its still a good concert man;D

hahha ooh comeone its still a good concert man;D

Yeah even though there are many other concerts that I would rather have had, this is still a great concert.

We just don't like it because we all had it when it was released, we had all hoped to get a concert we hadn't seen before!

Back