How Would You Rate The Bucharest DVD?

Cinnamon234

Proud Member
200px-Mj-lib-tdt.jpg

How would you rate this show?

I'll rate it by performance:

"Jam" 10/10-This is one of the best openings i've ever seen by an artist and it's definitely Michael's best entrance. I love how he just stands there for what seems like an eternity while the crowd goes wild, he has this look the entire time of "Yeah I know i'm the ish" lol. Man, he is such an incredible showman. No one knows how to get a crowd excited like Mike does that's for sure!

"Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'"
9/10 Always love when he performs this one, always a lot of energy in this one. Just a fun performance all around,

"Human Nature" 7/10 One of my favorite MJ songs ever but I thought it was performed much better on the "Bad" tour. However, Michael's vocals were great as always and I enjoyed the performance.

"Smooth Criminal" 9/10. A definite highlight, I luv when he does the "lean".

"I Just Can't Stop Loving You" (duet with Siedah Garrett) 10/10 This is in my top 3 performances of the DVD. MJ & Siedah have so much chemistry and their voices blend beautifully together. I ALWAYS have to watch this performance more than once;

"She's out of My Life" - 9/10

"I Want You Back/The Love You Save" 9/10

"I'll Be There"
"-10/10 This part if kinda touching how he pays tribute to his brothers. Vocally though, it's one of his strongest performances of the night. I especially love the ending, when he holds that note for a while.

Thriller" 6/10 I never thought "Thriller" really worked in concert and the costumes and lighting looked a bit cheesy lol, but still it's entertaining and fun to watch.

"Billie Jean" 10/10 Do I really have to say anything about this one? This is usually the highlight of any MJ concert and it aint hard to see why.

"Working Day and Night" 9/10

"Beat It" 10/10. It's cool to see him fly over the audience like that. Only thing i'm always scared for Michael that he might fall lol, eventhough I know it wont happen I can't help but worry haha. It's a really fun performance to watch though. One of my faves.

"Will You Be There" 10/10. Lovely performance.

"Black or White" 10/10, I'm suprised this works well live. Wasn't expecting it too.

"Heal the World" 10/10. A little sappy for my tastes, but the kids are cute and I love kids so I gotta give it high marks for that lol.

"Man in the Mirror" 10/10. Once again, I prefer performances of this from the "Bad" tour but I really enjoyed this performance still. Great way to close the show.

-Overall I give the show 9.5/10. I just watched it a few days ago after not seeing it for a while and forgot how much I enjoyed it. Really good show. Hopefully, more concert DVD's from the "Bad" tour and others are released soon.

Whoops, I have no idea why this is in General Discussion. Can the mods move it to MJ;s groove theory? Thx

I love it! i give it all a 10! lol I just watched it a few days ago honestly for the 1st time since i got it bc i just dont get to watch movies much but i loved it! the whole time i watched it i wanted to be in that audience soo bad that or the lucky girl who gets in stage and gets to hug michael!!

"Jam" - I'd say a 10/10... I loved how he jumped out from the stage.Good opening.. :wub:

"W anna Be Startin' Somethin'" - 9/10

"Human Nature" - 8/10

"Smooth Criminal- 9/10 ...Owww the lean is the best :)

"I Just Can't Stop Loving You" (duet with Siedah Garrett) - I absoFREAKIN'lutely LOVE this performance... :D they did a great job.. I agree, Siedah and MJ had great chemistry while performing this song. Hahah Love how the crowd went wild when MJ put his hand on Siedah's upper thigh hehe lol :wub:

"She's out of My Life-9/10- Awwww I like this song a lot. MJ gets a little dramatic when he kind of neals to the ground with his head in his lap..aw www! Hahahah That girl on stage, LMAO.. she didnt want to let go of MJ, i don't blame her though, i mean MJ almost fell when the girl was being forced to let go of MJs hand.. i found that funny and cute.:p

"I Want You Back/The Love You Save"- 8/10

I'll Be There- 9/10 - I like this.. yeah it sure is touching though. It was like bringing back memeories MJ had w/ his bros. awww It was a great performance though.I loved the baby pic they had of MJ at the beginning of the song.how CUTE! :D

Thriller"-7/10.

"Billie Jean" - 10/10

"Working Day and Night" - 10/10... man it was long..but that one was interesting.They kept pausing throughout the performance and then haha MJ ran around .it looked like he was distracting the dancers lol.. (MJ like a little kid lol)..and then slappin Siedah's butt!! But yeah Working day and night, Great song, I love it!!

"Beat It" -10/10. I like how he came out from under the stage? I think?? on to that platform/crane thing and yelled " Hoooooooooo" ..wow I know, i thought he was going to fall off too. Thank god he didn't.. that was a good performance though.

"Will You Be There"-10/10. I'm loving how the angel came down at the end and comforted MJ. that was really sweet!!

Black or White- 10/10...classic how MJ layed down on the ground and made his legs kick in the air.. lol it reminded me of a little kid having a fit. Nice example MJ..LMAO JK!!the performance works well.

"Heal the World" 10/10..the children were so adorable..Its nice how MJ lets the children be involved in that song.

"Man in the Mirror"-10/10.. Awesome closing .

I really enjoyed this concert a lot!!!I would give this overall a 10..

It's better then any other concert performance by any other performing artist I'v ever seen. But Michael's given better shows still. Which just says how good he actually is.

The Bucharest concert floored me! THAT concert made me a fan! It was the first MJ concert i saw and so, i am biased here... IT IS THE BEST! The sequencing of the songs is perfect , mike was perfect, the choreography is perfect, the lighting is perfect (i looove the Human Nature number) , the set is perfect, and oh did i say that mike was soooo looking great? oh geez i could ramble on and on cz there is nothing not to love on that concert. everyone on that concert just did great!

Everyone involved in it definitely knows how to work up a crowd. They definitely got my attention from start to finish and got my pulse pumping with so much excitement and admiration for the greatest performer i have ever laid my eyes on!:clapping:

Last edited:
just awesome, especially loved the fan reaction shots

while watching the dvd, it dawned on me why fans all over the world love michael jackson to death. he is simply the best! no one comes close. awesome!

good, but not touching MJ era concerts from 78-89 IMO. for me MJ had better tours and whatnot. but to start a show off with the toaster and whatnot and all the energy he had with it is cool. in truth the rehearsals of this tour moved me more. just for "remember the time". good show nevertheless,but I have seen better MJ shows overall.

Overall, I'd give it 7/10

Bad Tour - Yokohama '87 gets 10/10 :)

Jam - 10/10
Wanna Be Startin Somethin - 9/10
Human Nature - 7/10
Smooth Criminal - 10/10
I Just Can't Stop Loving You - 10/10
She's Out Of My Life - 9/10
I Want You Back/The Love You Save - 9/10
I'll Be There - 9/10
Thriller - 6/10
Billie Jean - 10/10
Working Day And Night - 10/10
Beat It - 10/10
Will You Be There - 10/10
Black Or White - 10/10
Heal The World - 8/10
Man In The Mirror - 10/10

10 for Jam, WBSS, HN, WDAN, WYBT, BOW and MITM.

And a 1 for the editing on the DVD.

"Jam" - I'd say a 10/10... I loved how he jumped out from the stage.Good opening.. :wub:

"W anna Be Startin' Somethin'" - 9/10

"Human Nature" - 8/10

"Smooth Criminal- 9/10 ...Owww the lean is the best :)

"I Just Can't Stop Loving You" (duet with Siedah Garrett) - I absoFREAKIN'lutely LOVE this performance... :D they did a great job.. I agree, Siedah and MJ had great chemistry while performing this song. Hahah Love how the crowd went wild when MJ put his hand on Siedah's upper thigh hehe lol :wub:

"She's out of My Life-9/10- Awwww I like this song a lot. MJ gets a little dramatic when he kind of neals to the ground with his head in his lap..aw www! Hahahah That girl on stage, LMAO.. she didnt want to let go of MJ, i don't blame her though, i mean MJ almost fell when the girl was being forced to let go of MJs hand.. i found that funny and cute.:p

"I Want You Back/The Love You Save"- 8/10

I'll Be There- 9/10 - I like this.. yeah it sure is touching though. It was like bringing back memeories MJ had w/ his bros. awww It was a great performance though.I loved the baby pic they had of MJ at the beginning of the song.how CUTE! :D

Thriller"-7/10.

"Billie Jean" - 10/10

"Working Day and Night" - 10/10... man it was long..but that one was interesting.They kept pausing throughout the performance and then haha MJ ran around .it looked like he was distracting the dancers lol.. (MJ like a little kid lol)..and then slappin Siedah's butt!! But yeah Working day and night, Great song, I love it!!

"Beat It" -10/10. I like how he came out from under the stage? I think?? on to that platform/crane thing and yelled " Hoooooooooo" ..wow I know, i thought he was going to fall off too. Thank god he didn't.. that was a good performance though.

"Will You Be There"-10/10. I'm loving how the angel came down at the end and comforted MJ. that was really sweet!!

Black or White- 10/10...classic how MJ layed down on the ground and made his legs kick in the air.. lol it reminded me of a little kid having a fit. Nice example MJ..LMAO JK!!the performance works well.

"Heal the World" 10/10..the children were so adorable..Its nice how MJ lets the children be involved in that song.

"Man in the Mirror"-10/10.. Awesome closing .

I really enjoyed this concert a lot!!!I would give this overall a 10..

You must love the Live In Bucharest DVD, because I think it's crap, the worst concert of Michael's to release in DVD. It's not even the actual Bucharest concert, but clips (and done so in a badly edited way) various Europe concerts. The original concert was screened on BBC 1 in November 1992, and is a much better version, though quite dull. But at least it's not contrived like the badly edited HBO version that was screened in the USA in December 1992, which is the version used as the DVD release.

I give the concert 3/10. Jam is quite good, though not brilliant. Michael's performance if Workin' Day and Night is awesome with amazing live vocals, and the only performance Michael has any energy. Billie Jean is ok, but the extended part were Michael is just dancing to the drum beat is amazing. Man In The Mirror quite good, though not brilliant.

Why this concert on DVD is so disapointing, is not only the original Bucharest concert footage and a contrived version. But it's also a concert were Michael was ill, and had hardly any energy. After the Bucharest concert, Michael cancelled the remaining dates of the 1992 leg of the Dangerous Tour and had an operating on his throat as he was having problems with it throughout the European Tour and many dates were cancelled.

The Live In Bucharest DVD, is a bad representation of the Dangerous Tour. When Michael wasn't ill and full of energy the Dangerous concerts were amazing, and full of energy. MTV had a programe called The Dangerous Tour Diaries which had some amazing footage of the Dangerous Tour with Michael on top form. Hopefully Michael will release a Dangerous Tour from another concert that will give fans who didn't attended the tour a view of how amazing it actually was which you don't get from the Live In Bucharest DVD.

good, but not touching MJ era concerts from 78-89 IMO. for me MJ had better tours and whatnot. but to start a show off with the toaster and whatnot and all the energy he had with it is cool. in truth the rehearsals of this tour moved me more. just for "remember the time". good show nevertheless,but I have seen better MJ shows overall.

Your right that the Dangerous Tour Rehearsals are much better than the DVD.

His performances from Wembley are probably the best from that tour but that's too bad you disliked the show so much. I happen to really enjoy the show apart from the constant crowd shots, which was very annoying at times, but it was great fun to watch for me. I felt like I was in the audience. I actually prefer this over the Yokohama Concert he did on the Bad Tour and I'm a big fan of the Bad Tour. I think the DVD is a good representation of MJ as a performer and showcases why he's one of the greatest performers of all time.

You must love the Live In Bucharest DVD, because I think it's crap, the worst concert of Michael's to release in DVD. It's not even the actual Bucharest concert, but clips (and done so in a badly edited way) various Europe concerts. The original concert was screened on BBC 1 in November 1992, and is a much better version, though quite dull. But at least it's not contrived like the badly edited HBO version that was screened in the USA in December 1992, which is the version used as the DVD release.

I give the concert 3/10. Jam is quite good, though not brilliant. Michael's performance if Workin' Day and Night is awesome with amazing live vocals, and the only performance Michael has any energy. Billie Jean is ok, but the extended part were Michael is just dancing to the drum beat is amazing. Man In The Mirror quite good, though not brilliant.

Why this concert on DVD is so disapointing, is not only the original Bucharest concert footage and a contrived version. But it's also a concert were Michael was ill, and had hardly any energy. After the Bucharest concert, Michael cancelled the remaining dates of the 1992 leg of the Dangerous Tour and had an operating on his throat as he was having problems with it throughout the European Tour and many dates were cancelled.

The Live In Bucharest DVD, is a bad representation of the Dangerous Tour. When Michael wasn't ill and full of energy the Dangerous concerts were amazing, and full of energy. MTV had a programe called The Dangerous Tour Diaries which had some amazing footage of the Dangerous Tour with Michael on top form. Hopefully Michael will release a Dangerous Tour from another concert that will give fans who didn't attended the tour a view of how amazing it actually was which you don't get from the Live In Bucharest DVD.

Your right that the Dangerous Tour Rehearsals are much better than the DVD.

yeah, so what if i thought that DVD was good?yeah there are better ones. But i think this one is good. That is my opinion, i dont care.Im not the only one who thought it was good btw! sorry, i actually enjoyed it.

"Jam" 10/10 - Entrance was awesome, no way around that fact. Dancing was great, and the song is great.

"Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" 5/10 - Crap live. It gets mercy points for the dancing.

"Human Nature" 8/10 - Awesome song. The little dance steps are fun.

"Smooth Criminal" 10/10 - Smooth Criminal stole points from WBSS.

"I Just Can't Stop Loving You" (duet with Siedah Garrett) No Rating/10 - Don't like the song. I don't even remember the performance.

"She's out of My Life" - No Rating/10 - Same as IJCSLY.

"I Want You Back/The Love You Save" 6.5/10 - Never really cared much for J5/The Jackson's music. But I love the perfomance, so it gets a 6.5

"I'll Be There" "- 5/10 - Do not want.

Thriller" 4/10 - If you watch, you will see MJ doesn't like Thriller. He puts little effort into the dancing, and he looks like he's sick of the song. Drop it altogether for the next tour Michael.

"Billie Jean" 10/10 - Win

"Working Day and Night" 9/10 - Love the song!

"Beat It" 10/10 - Fun, and very entertaining. Entrance is amusing.

"Will You Be There" No Rating/10 - I honestly can't een remember what this song is.

"Black or White" 7/10 - Nice.

"Heal the World" 9/10 - Wonderfun

"Man in the Mirror" 10/10 - Perfect closer.

On the subject of the DVD, I'm bringing it to school on Friday and we're gonna watch it in my Ceramics class ^_^

His performances from Wembley are probably the best from that tour but that's too bad you disliked the show so much. I happen to really enjoy the show apart from the constant crowd shots, which was very annoying at times, but it was great fun to watch for me. I felt like I was in the audience. I actually prefer this over the Yokohama Concert he did on the Bad Tour and I'm a big fan of the Bad Tour. I think the DVD is a good representation of MJ as a performer and showcases why he's one of the greatest performers of all time.

Wembley always brings out the best in Michael.

A lot of the crowd shots on the Live In Bucharest DVD aren't shots of the Bucharest crowed, but added shots of fans at Wembley, Italy and other European concerts. Even some of the bits of Michael's performances like on She's Out Of My Life is edited with shots from various Dangerous concerts. The orginal BBC version should have been released in DVD instead of this contrived and badly edited HBO version that should never have been released.

The 1987 Bad Tour Yokohama Concert had a limited unofficial DVD release, but at least this equally dull concert hasn't had an official DVD release.

I wish Michael would release a brilliant DVD that is a true represenation of the Bad and Dangerous Tours.

yeah, so what if i thought that DVD was good?yeah there are better ones. But i think this one is good. That is my opinion, i dont care.Im not the only one who thought it was good btw! sorry, i actually enjoyed it.

I have no problem with you enjoying this DVD, and I wasn't questioning that. I wanted to point out that apart from the fact it's not a good representation of the Dangerous Tour, I think it's important for fans to know regardless of how much they enjoy the DVD that what you are watching isn't the actual Bucharest concert originally screened on BBC 1 in November 1992, but a series of badly edited clips of various European concerts edited by HBO.

Some fans will love this DVD, but as someone who attended the Dangerous Tour and recorded the original BBC Live In Bucharest concert on it's transmission in 1992, that DVD is in my opinion Crap. I respect your view of the DVD and never questioned it , and just said you must really love this DVD in comparison to how much I hate it. I'd appreciate it if my view was respected about this Live In Bucharest DVD because I could have said more, as I really hate this contrived version of the concert. And this thread does ask "How Would You Rate The Bucharest DVD?", and I gave my opinion of it, I didn't question your opinion if it ! ............ so I don't know why you have to write a "Yeah so what", "I don't care" etc etc post directed at me based on your view, as you miss the point my views are about a DVD not how much you like the DVD.

Just as some fans will like this DVD, there will be fans who dislike it as much as I do.

Last edited:
"Jam" 9/10 Awesome opening

"Wanna Be Startin Somethin" 10/10 My favorite part is the begining where hes taking off some of the stuff from Jam and he goes:

Michael: Hee hee
Audience: screams
Audience:screams
Michael: Ooooh
Audience:screams
Audience: screams
Michael: Aaowww!
Audience: Aaowww!
Then the music starts. Just awesome

"Human Nature" 9/10 HM is my favorite MJ song ever and is always awesome live.

"Smooth Criminal" 8/10 I love how he casually steps over the "body" and walks off stage after "shooting" everyone.

"I Just Can't Stop Loving You" 6/10 I usually skip over this one but its alright I guess

"She's Out Of My Life" 7/10 I usually skip over this one too. Not a fan of the really sad ballads though I do love the part where he says "AND it cuts...." So much emotion.

"I Want You Back/The Love You Save" 10/10 Jackson 5 Medley! One of my favorite performances. I love how he has a big smile on his face for the routine.

"I'll Be There" 9/10 This is another one I usually skip over though its a great song. I love the ending where he says his brothers' names and a spotlight where each of them would stand appears. Very touching.

"Thriller" 8/10

"Billie Jean" 9/10 Always a good performance though I think "Billie Jean" on the HIStory Tour is the best because the ending where its just the drums is the longest

"Working Day And Night" 10/10 Its long but I LOVE this performance. I wasn't even a big fan of the song until I saw it. My favorite parts are after one of the pauses where he stomps his foot and goes "I ain't workin'!", the scatting, and Jennifer's solo. I'm still trying to figure out how they pulled off the ending though.

"Beat It" I love the beginning where hes going "HOOOOO" and the audience responds. Dangerous Tour is the only one where he does that though.

"Will You Be There" 8/10 because I really like this song. The angel coming down at the end is sweet but I usually hit the skip button when the spoken word part comes on.

"Black Or White" 8/10 I like the dance he does during the rap.

"Heal The World" 6/10 Again I'm not one for these types of songs so this performance gets skipped 9 times out of 10. The kids are cute though.

"Man In The Mirror" 8/10 My favorite part is the beginning where he just walks onto the stage and up to the mic and starts singing and snaping his fingers. Don't know why though....\

Overall it gets 10/10. Its the only way I can have Michael in concert on my big screen. The rehearsals should have been included as a special feature though.

Last edited:
Man in the mirror gets a 5/10
he could have done it muuch better as ive seen him do it on the amature fottage in the early shows..

The only annoying thing about the DVD was all of the crowd shots. It was really frustrating when MJ is just about to break into an amazing dance move and it just cuts to the crowd

The only annoying thing about the DVD was all of the crowd shots. It was really frustrating when MJ is just about to break into an amazing dance move and it just cuts to the crowd

No kidding. They did that so much in Jam and WBSS.

No kidding. They did that so much in Jam and WBSS.

That's why this DVD is so contrived. The original BBC transmission of the Bucharest concert is much better (though I'm not a fan of this specific concert), with hardly any shots of fans.

Im with benscarr on this, when I was young and couldn't compare shows it didn't matter cause it was amazing. I watched the BBC one as well btw. Now when i watch it and compare it to anything prior, i.e pre Dangerous, I haven't really seen anything that was better. Though still, I guess its alright, its just not one the best concerts, regardless of the HBO or BBC versions. Theres definitely better Dangerous concerts as Benscarr pointed out in the Dangerous Diaries.

Im with benscarr on this, when I was young and couldn't compare shows it didn't matter cause it was amazing. I watched the BBC one as well btw. Now when i watch it and compare it to anything prior, i.e pre Dangerous, I haven't really seen anything that was better. Though still, I guess its alright, its just not one the best concerts, regardless of the HBO or BBC versions. Theres definitely better Dangerous concerts as Benscarr pointed out in the Dangerous Diaries.

That's a good point you made about having nothing to compare the Live in Bucharest concert to when you were a kid/younger. Because if you've never attended a Michael Jackson concert or seen a concert of his on televison etc, I could imagine this official DVD would look amazing, but it's not and a really bad representation of Michael Jackson as a performer.

I remember the day after the original BBC screening of the Bucharest concert and have people telling me they were disapointed with Michael's voice as it seemed quite weak (well a few day's later it was in the news Michael was going to have on operation on his throat). Another person told me how bad Michael's performance of Human Nature was, as he barely sang the song in this concert. I agreed with what thet said, but did point out it was Michael on top form.

Basically the Buchrest concert in an unwell Michael Jackson zapped of most of his energy, unable to perform at top form and just going through the motions to complete the concert. The only full performance I love on the Bucharest concert is Workin' Day and Night. It's Michael filled with energy and his live vocals are brilliant. I also love the extended dance of Billie Jean is also amazing, and filmed very and really captures the magic of Michael Jackson.

It's a shame that the Bucharest concert is the only official live Michael Jackson DVD available. Because they a lot of who've never seen Michael in concert before will love it, a lot of fans who also have never seen Michael live will be disapointed because Michael hardly does any cool and spontanous dance moves in this performance, and may even think Michael is overrated as a love artist. Which is why this DVD is a bad representation of Michael Jackson as a live performer and the Dangerous Tour which was a highly voltage and amazing concert when Michael wasn't ill (he was very ill on this tour) and on top form.

I dnt like how he compromises the singing in order to dance on Human Nature. Normaly with Mike I'd chose dancing over singing but Human Nature is the type of tune that demands Michaels sweet voice. Anyway the Working Day and night performance is my favorite from all his tours, that man's speed is incredible. Overall it was a good concert, I loved it. P.s that outfit was a bit to feminine though..

I really do like the DVD. Though I do wish there was some other record of live footage out there for the public to view, but this is just fine honestly.

I sometimes tend to skip to certain performances. Human Nature. Every performance he does of this song, I love. He likes to change it up every now and then. Billie Jean - great capture of dancing here. And I truly think Working Day and Night is my favorite. I love what he did with the end. The guitar solo kicks ass, and all the starting and stopping. Though it is kinda strange that he decides to smack Siedah's bootaaay during the song....strange.

He had way better performances that ain't been put on DVD yet.

My ratings:

Jam - 7/10 (mainly because of the long intro though it got too much, lol, and the dancing).
WBSS - 5/10 (it was OK)
Human Nature - 4/10 (Michael was breathing so damn hard and that plus the screaming made his vocals croak, I always did love it when he'd pause and then he'll come back up and of course I thought the dancing at the end was good)
Smooth Criminal - 7/10 (they had to show that fan three times. :doh: )
I Just Can't Stop... - 8/10 (Mike and Siedah were great)
She's Out of My Life - 6/10 (God, what was that girl thinking?)
Motown medley - 4/10 (it'd been better if he had done different J5 songs seriously)
I'll Be There - 7/10 (though he didn't do the "Holy Ghost" on this one...)
Thriller - 4/10 (yawn, lol)
Billie Jean - 10/10 (I always loved the Billie Jean performances)
Working Day and Night - 9/10 (parts of it reminded me of James Brown ;))
Beat It - 4/10 (Michael was singing some unintelligible stuff in the beginning and he kept saying 'you wanna party!' LOL)
Will You Be There - 6/10 (too bad he was 50% live and 50% synced)
Black or White - 3/10 (too much going on...)
Heal the World - 5/10
Man in the Mirror - 10/10 (this was probably my best performance of the whole night besides Billie Jean)

Overall: 4/10.

I dnt like how he compromises the singing in order to dance on Human Nature. Normaly with Mike I'd chose dancing over singing but Human Nature is the type of tune that demands Michaels sweet voice. Anyway the Working Day and night performance is my favorite from all his tours, that man's speed is incredible. Overall it was a good concert, I loved it. P.s that outfit was a bit to feminine though..

The dude was hoarse for most of the concert. His best vocals were, I agree, on the Working Day & Night performance.

Back