How many records Thriller 25 sold?

Because the number 1 848 000 by mediatraffic is only for the 24 big countries. The rest of the sales of the others countries is estimated at 7,5% of the global worldsale.

T25 Sells Another 40,000 Copies Worldwide This Week, Taking Its 14 Week Total To 1,888,000 Copies Sold

Excellent figures for a re-release! And in only a few months! :eek:hmy:

Yeah it's amazing. It's really impressive that T25 has longevity. It's sold over 150k copies for 6-7 weeks, a feat which Mariah's new album cant achieve :punk: :punk:
I still remember fans guessing it'll only sell 600,000 - 700,000 by the end of the year :lol: :lol:

Lets hope some more promo begins soon so that the sales don't continue falling. I'd like to see this album be even more successful by selling 3 million plus before the end of the year (optomistic I know).
Surely it wouldn't hurt for Mike to do something to promote it. As it stands, it's been successful for what it is - a rerelease - but it hasn't been so successful that non-fans will have it burned into their brain as being a major release, such as the Beatles' 'Ones' was in 2000 (30ish million sold? - I know that won't happen for T25, but you know what I mean?)

Thriller 25 has sold over 2 million so far. By the end of the year I expect that the figure will be around 2.5 million or maybe more depending on whether Michael's new album is released later this year.

Thriller 25 sold another 35,000 copies worldwide this week, taking the total to 1,923,000 copies sold

I'd like to know who is buying it? That's kinda unbelievable figure for a 25 years old album.. 2 million copies in 3,5 months, or something like that! Huh..

I'd like to know who is buying it? That's kinda unbelievable figure for a 25 years old album.. 2 million copies in 3,5 months, or something like that! Huh..

That's a actually a good question, I read on the T25 stats that Thriller (Not T25) had sold 3 mil this year or something like that...can't remember.
So the question is...who's buying it? It's been around for 25 years and now there's a re-issue with new tracks so why not just buy that one?

Worldwide sales figures for Thriller 25 are now around 2.1 million and its the 2nd biggest selling release of the year so far. Not bad for a 25 year old album lol.

Yeah it's amazing. It's really impressive that T25 has longevity. It's sold over 150k copies for 6-7 weeks, a feat which Mariah's new album cant achieve :punk: :punk:
I still remember fans guessing it'll only sell 600,000 - 700,000 by the end of the year :lol: :lol:

I can remember that too. People on MJNO were predicting the mid-late hundreds thousands by the end of the year lol. We are only just really half way through the year and its already sold near enough 2 million, its incredible. Shame its not added on to the original thriller total really, hehe!

Last edited:
I can remember that too. People on MJNO were predicting the mid-late hundreds thousands by the end of the year lol. We are only just really half way through the year and its already sold near enough 2 million, its incredible. Shame its not added on to the original thriller total really, hehe!

But it is!!

Isn't it??

Or am I totally wrong? I thought it was added to the total sales!

But it is!!

Isn't it??

Or am I totally wrong? I thought it was added to the total sales!

Yeah your totally right, the sales of Thriller 25 will be added to the total sales of thriller. This was proved when Thriller 25 was ineligible to chart on the Billboard main chart when it was released ( it would have got to number 2 ), it charted as a catalogue album only!!! not as a new album.

lol no its not the biggest selling album that charted at #1 on the catalogue charts on billboard. it just sold over 500,000 in the USA, i bet there are re-releases that sold more in the end.

and does someone have the link where friedman says that thriller 25 sold 3 mio?

lol no its not the biggest selling album that charted at #1 on the catalogue charts on billboard. it just sold over 500,000 in the USA, i bet there are re-releases that sold more in the end.

and does someone have the link where friedman says that thriller 25 sold 3 mio?

dont forget its not the first re-release for thriller a few years ago we had the specials editions and dont forget that thriller is an album that exists always in the stores and sell every year thous of copies...thriller25 is doing great by itself and only no promotion no videos nothig and manage to sell over 2 millions in a few months and continue to sell...

3 million is great!! But its what I expected, it is michael jackson and he doesn't sell badly, ever! lol

Back