How do you find watching TII now?

I was excited when I saw it in theatres, that excitement turned to sadness as I said goodbye as the credits rolled. Seen the movie in theatres a few more times and got over it, so I thought. I had no problem watching the DVD, which I've owned for sometime, what does bother me though is that the movie now plays on Starz, waking up to TII on Starz is a sad feeling. I thought it was new, I thought to myself "Wow, Michael's on TV.." then immediately realized what was going on. Needless to say, it's hard watching the television broadcasts of the film, because Michael is being featured on television again in a positive light and not as a joke or someone to ridicule, and he's not even here to enjoy it.

I watched it twice in the movies, then once when it was out on DVD, and then on June 26th when it was on TV here in Russia... I didn't want to watch it on TV, because I was afraid there would be a wrong translation, or some parts would be left out, or something else... Besides, I just can't watch this film when I am alone. I get very depressed and start thinking of "what if's" and "if only's"... But there was a group of us, fans, and we ended up watching it together, and it turned out to be quite a lot of fun.

It is a great film, of course... But it's difficult for me to enjoy it because I will never forget that it was shot just a few days before Michael's passing and that it didn't have to end this way....

It healed me back then when it was released - for a short while.

It's harder to watch now. I have no problem watching other MJ dvds but TII...

I haven't watched Michael Jackson's This It It, for about 2 months. I watched it all the time from when it was released on Blu-ray, and I always watched it on my iPod Touch when traveling. For me, it actually brings Michael back to life and gives me comfort. I like watching it because you see Michael being Michael when talking to his band etc, then Michael Jackson being Michael Jackson when performing. Basically you see more of who Michael Jackson was in the normal environment away from the hysteria of fans and the media, which is why This It It brings Michael back to life for me.

I have to say I don't like the ending of the film, with Michael singing Man In The Mirror and it ending with Michael's arms wide open and his head up looking like he's ready to go to heaven. I don't like that at all, that does make me very sad.

I stopped This Is It, as I've watched it too many times and wanted to watch all other things Michael did before This Is It. I

When I finally had the courage to go and see TII at the movies, I was really overwhelmed and sobbed like a baby at the end of it... It took me several weeks to get back on track after that :cry:

But I still wanted to purchase the DVD, even though I was sure I won't be able to watch it again... But then I did it, and to my suprise - it was easier to watch back home for the second time. It kinda gave me some kind of comfort and joy, which the cinema experience didn't do. Now that I have watched it several times, it gets better and better every time - like someone already said, I could watch him forever.

Last edited:
I saw it in the theater opening day; I saw it in the theater eight times in total. I bought the Blu-Ray the day it came out, and watched it then...but, after that, I've watched a single song performance here and there a few times, but I can't bring myself to watch the whole movie.

I watched it today after not watching it for around 2-3 months. Ive coped well when watching it in the past, but today was definitely the most emotional ive been. Seeing him at work just made me miss him so much. It was his area, with no problems and media to bring him down.
Things that made me most emotional were the scenes when he is being very supportive and influentual, like when he is telling Orianthi "Its your time to shine"

I love this film. It feels like a gift to have it.

I still haven't watched the dvd either. I saw it three times in the cinema and then I saw it on tv in June, but for some reason everytime I think I should watch the dvd I just end up putting it back on the shelf. So I haven't seen the extra material yet.

I saw the movie 4 times in the movie theatere and was excited like crazy every time. It was like I was imagining myself at my very first Michael Jackson concert!!! Then when the DVD came out, I bought the 2-disc Special Edition one and watched it a few months after I got it because I didn't want to start feeling sad. I finally watched it at home the first time a few months ago this year and I found it a little weird watching it by myself because no one was around me. But I enjoyed it! I want to watch it again a second time here at home but I'm sure what would be the best time.....Too busy!

Back