How do you find watching TII now?

MJ_Jordan

Proud Member
When it was released, I found it hard to watch, i kept going through my mind what it would have been like to see this live.
Now that a few months have passed, i find it more enjoyable now, as it shows everyone and proves all the doubters wrong when they said he has "lost his touch"
Its a great film, which will remain precious to all fans.

I have the dvd and I still can't handle even the mere thought of watching it. I have trouble even handle seeing the last pictures of Michael that was ever taken of him. This Is It is something I really don't know if I can ever handle watching it. :sad: :boohoo:

I have the dvd and I still can't handle even the mere thought of watching it. I have trouble even handle seeing the last pictures of Michael that was ever taken of him. This Is It is something I really don't know if I can ever handle watching it. :sad: :boohoo:

So you've never seen it?

Nope my mother has twice and I really don't consider her an MJ fan. Believe me I really do want to see it. But my depression over Michael is just so bad now that I can't handle watching or listening to anything that has to do with Michael. And I really do miss watching and listening to him so much now.

/\ Girl, you have a big problem! You have to speak with someone!

I so wish I could speak with someone. But I can't since I have to have a family who hates Michael Jackson. And they would think that I am totally insane to be still mourning and depressed over someone I don't even know. So I am totally forced to hide my depression when I am around them. And as for my mother who is charge of getting me to the doctors and stuff. Since I can't drive all because of that car accident that I was in back in 96 when I was 16. That car accident had cause me to have this terrifying fear ever wanting to learn how to drive. She won't take me because I had told her countless of times about my depression and she doesn't want to do anything about it. She just doesn't care or believes me when I tell her about my depression. And why I am still so depressed. So I just plain gave up with her. And the only friends I have where I live is me and my fat old cat. So my depression is just something I am forced to live with. But I am getting quite used to living with my depression.

Why don't you try and listen to some up tempo, happy MJ songs? It might put a smile back on your face and help you with your depression. Michael has helped me with his songs when i have felt down.

No, no you have to beat your depression!!! Please, find a way! Speak with some friends of yours. Maybe they will help you to find the right way! Speak whit some doctor over the phone! Please don`t gave up!!!

I was able to watch it all the time before...But I haven't watched it in months....I really can't now....

Why don't you try and listen to some up tempo, happy MJ songs? It might put a smile back on your face and help you with your depression. Michael has helped me with his songs when i have felt down.

I have tried that many times and that only works like a couple of minutes at the most. Until I am back to either crying or just feeling really sad and miserable over him again. The only thing that really puts a smile on my face and some what helps with my depression now a days. Is whenever I watch the revenge scenes in the 1994 Hindi movie Anjaam. And I pretend that I am Shivani in that movie. Who is out for revenge on all the people that has taken a L.O.V.E. one forever away from her. What she does to the evil female cop in that movie. Is what I would so L.O.V.E. to do to Dr. Death. Who is the cause of why I am suffering from depression in the first place.

I found it difficult to watch when I first got it, especially the Memories of Michael bonus feature.

The last few times I watched it I enjoyed it for the most part without dwelling too much on his passing.

I so wish I could speak with someone. But I can't since I have to have a family who hates Michael Jackson. And they would think that I am totally insane to be still mourning and depressed over someone I don't even know. So I am totally forced to hide my depression when I am around them. And as for my mother who is charge of getting me to the doctors and stuff. Since I can't drive all because of that car accident that I was in back in 96 when I was 16. That car accident had cause me to have this terrifying fear ever wanting to learn how to drive. She won't take me because I had told her countless of times about my depression and she doesn't want to do anything about it. She just doesn't care or believes me when I tell her about my depression. And why I am still so depressed. So I just plain gave up with her. And the only friends I have where I live is me and my fat old cat. So my depression is just something I am forced to live with. But I am getting quite used to living with my depression.

:better: PM me anytime of the day or night and I'll be happy to talk to you. I'm not a qualified psychiatrist by any means, but if you need a shoulder to cry on, ALL of us are here for you. You can't live with depression. You can't.

I haven't watched it since I saw it in theaters on Halloween last year. I bought the DVD the day it came out, but I still haven't opened it...=/
So yeah, I've only seen it once :(.

I was watching a bit of it today. Since I picked up the DVD about a month ago, I've been watching it in installments due to my busy work schedule, but so far, I've felt pretty much the same way as I did about it when I was watching it in the cinema - ie., it was refreshing to see him back at "work", seemingly enjoying himself, doing what he loved, and in a slightly more imperfect, human context than he'd normally really allow you to see him in. **shrug** In the film, you don't really see any hint of the great suffering that he obviously must have been going through behind the scenes. That pained grimace at the end of TDCAU apart.

I remember I was so afraid to see TII... I was afraid of the impact of it on me, how I will feel and so on. Finally I watched it not only once, but 15 times in the cinema!! Too much, maybe... :mello:

Now I have the DVD and the BR and I can't watch it. I have seen it I guess only once again in full, and the extras once too and a few minutes now and then. But I can't see it. I just can't. And this is so silly from me, since I know the movie almost by memory after watching it 15 times and I even bought a BR player to watch it, but... I just can't. I can't avoid the heartache and the tears and if my little nice is around she will go "Ok, aunt, but don't go crying again, please don't!".... so I am sorry to make my little nice to link MJ to my pain. She loves MJ and I want her to enjoy his music.

ahhhh... this is forever difficult, isn't it? :depressed:

Still find it hard if I'm honest. When it came out I saw it loads, then when my DVD came I saw it once and barely watched it since. I just can't bring myself to watch it anymore without becoming overwhelmed. I want to watch it again but will when I'm ready.

I saw it on the first day it came out in the cinema and the amazing thing is that past the grim text at the beginning of the film it never entered my mind until the end of the last song that MJ had passed on, he was so full of energy that I had actually forgotten thathe had passed until I saw that ending image. When I first got it on DVD I couldn't stop watching it, I was mesmerized by his performance. As such, I have now seen it a grand total of 30 times!

TII... I went to the theater 8 times to watch it and watched it once when I got the DVD.. haven't watched it since.. just... can't.. I don't know...

his music is irresistable. it's hard to avoid under any circumstance. and there's nothing else out there that i can look at.

I saw it in the theater and I loved it. I purchased the DVD when it was released and started to watch it one night and switched it off. I couldn't handle it. It was different than when I saw it at the movies - and I can't even explain how. I have yet to watch the extras, I am not ready. Maybe one day I can sit through it, but I can't right now. :depressed:

I completely understand how you feel. :hug: Who knows, maybe one day soon we will feel like watching it finally, but right now I think I am with just letting it sit on the shelf.

I watched some of it yesterday actually.. & all I could think was 'this man should not be dead'.

I watched the 'memories of michael' too, and cried.

I remember I was so afraid to see TII... I was afraid of the impact of it on me, how I will feel and so on. Finally I watched it not only once, but 15 times in the cinema!! Too much, maybe... :mello:

Now I have the DVD and the BR and I can't watch it. I have seen it I guess only once again in full, and the extras once too and a few minutes now and then. But I can't see it. I just can't. And this is so silly from me, since I know the movie almost by memory after watching it 15 times and I even bought a BR player to watch it....

That's why I love this place. Whenever I think I'm alone, I always find people who are going through the same thing.

I was never afraid to see TII. In fact, I could not wait, and saw it 4 times in the show. Have watched it about a dozen times on DVD. I bought a Blu ray player to get all the extras that I couldn't get with the regular DVD disc.

BUT...a wierd thing started happening around the one year anniversary of his death. I could not watch TII anymore! Not only that, I can't listen to his music like I used to. Initially, his music comforted me and made me feel altogether better. But now, it hurts. I don't get it! I had come such a long way since 6/25/09, but now I seem to be regressing. Thank god, I'm not 24/7 consumed by him as I was last year because that was totally debilitating, but I seem to be having some kind of emotional relapse.
God, will the hurt ever end? I so wanted to hear his new music, but now I don't know if I will. I'll buy it, just because I'll have to have it, but don't know if I'll be able to listen to it.

Well, I did see it twice in the cinemas and did get the DVD, but I must say since it has been out on cable, I have found myself watching it whenever its on. I don't know if its just me trying to hold on to him a bit longer, but I actually enjoy watching it, especially the parts where he has problems with his ear piece and is visably upset a bit and the part where he is trying to get Michael Bearden to play what he wants to hear.

I enjoy hearing him laugh, and thats why I think I just can't get enough of it.

I left the theater depressed after the first time I saw it. 2nd time was better. It really hits me when Man in the Mirror starts. It still does every time. Both because I wish I could watch him forever, and it keeps reminding me how I really wish he could have done these concerts. :cry: But I love it. It's amazing, funny, beautiful, yet still a constant reminder of what could have been...

havnt watched it since the cinema

the same with me. Watching TII at the cinema was somehow easier, maybe because there were other fans around me. I don't know. But now I can't force myself to watch it, I just know I'll be in tears. Maybe in the future I will be able to enjoy it but now I'm fine with watching old concerts and videos. It doesn't hurt that much.

I saw it in the theater and I loved it. I purchased the DVD when it was released and started to watch it one night and switched it off. I couldn't handle it. It was different than when I saw it at the movies - and I can't even explain how. I have yet to watch the extras, I am not ready. Maybe one day I can sit through it, but I can't right now. :depressed:

I completely understand how you feel. :hug: Who knows, maybe one day soon we will feel like watching it finally, but right now I think I am with just letting it sit on the shelf.

Thank you Billie I knew I wasn't the only fan on here who hasn't seen TII dvd yet. I just can't handle it. That dvd of mine is in a pile of some of my other MJ items on the desk in this room that I am in now. So is my TII cd I only listen to that cd once and that was on Christmas night. When I had gotten it as a Christmas present. I haven't gone back to that cd since. I still haven't heard the song TII yet. I just can't seem to handle it. :sad: :boohoo:

I seen it twice in the theater..cried both times. I bought the dvd and it sat on top of the player for months....I finally started to watch it one day but when he got to the song"I"ll be there".....I lost it again and had to turn it off. Then about a month ago I put it in the dvd player....I watched the whole thing...I too love the part when he is saying.."it feels like a fist in my ear".....I cried again....I dont think I will ever get Michael out of my system....I think of him daily..".why he had to go and leave my world so cold".........that is what I think about....blahhh

thank u so much for this topic, because i find how i feel now is very strange !

Last year I watched TII like everyone else and i enjoyed it very much , but when i got the DVD, i tried everal times to watch it but could not !!even the u tube vides about TII are very difficult to watch for me this year.

last year i was able to see the photos of TII but this year i'm not able even to look at them.

i can't explain why i feel like this....maybe, last year i felt that he was still around but now i feel that he is not here anymore ! it hurts alot :(

Last edited:
Well, when I first saw "This Is It" in theatres, I was excited like crazy. I had never anticipated about going to see a movie like that before. I was so happy when I finally saw it. At the end, I felt a little sad, but it's something about Michael that uplifted me. I always felt the spirit when he was with us, but now I can actually feel his spirit inside of me (as with my loved ones).

I bought the DVD and Blu-Ray copy of "This Is It" and it wasn't a problem for me. I guess it's because I believe Michael is in a much more better place now. He doesn't have to suffer anymore. I sometimes used the film to do some exercise.

That right there should be some soft of help. Exercise can really do wonders to your body.

I'm doing a lot better than I thought (I still have some moments).

To all of those who are still greiving, you are not alone. I know it's difficult right now, but keep your head up and be strong. I think that's what Michael would've wanted.

Back