How do you feel about people changing Michaels music after he has passed?

Birchey

Proud Member
Just a general place for people to speak of releases happening prior to Michaels passing, what are your feelings on them, should we leave Michaels demos as they are or add the finishing touches onto them? For me the way they changed Hollywood Tonight is really a let down, they seemed to have taken the message and real warning away from the song?

For me I think its really important that if Michaels music is "finished" the correct people are used to finish the songs, people who were with Michael at the time and people who have worked with him closely around the time the records were done.

Great thread Birchey..This is my opinion..

1. If a song is completed or nearly completed, change nothing..Not one thing.

2. The demo's on 'The Ultimate Collection' are AMAZINGLY good..So Demo's can still be great if they are left alone..If there is enough already built around them, like 'Cheater', then release them as they are...No changes, or additions.

3. If a song is just some vocals, with no instrumentals then like you said get the people were working with him at the time..If nobody was working with him on a song then get the best producer to finish it, depending on what kind of song it is.

Basically above all else I just want Michael's vision of his songs..Not *insert random producers/artists*. Unless the song is extremely unfinished, just let them be and release the way Michael left them.

Last edited:

2. The demo's on 'The Ultimate Collection' are AMAZINGLY good..So Demo's can still be great if they are left alone..If there is enough already built around them, like 'Cheater', then release them as they are...No changes, or additions.

3. If a song is just some vocals, with no instrumentals then like you said get the people were working with him at the time..If nobody was working with him on a song then get the best producer to finish it, depending on what kind of song it is.

Basically above all else I just want Michael's vision of his songs..Not *insert random producers/artists*. Unless the song is extremely unfinished, just let them be and release the way Michael left them.

my feeling exactly, :clapping:

my honest opinion is leave Michael's stuff alone...I want to hear it just as he left it...that way I know he approved of it..even if it isn't finished yet..

It should be done by the people that were close to Michael:yes:

"1. If a song is completed or nearly completed, change nothing..Not one thing.

Basically above all else I just want Michael's vision of his songs..Not *insert random producers/artists*. Unless the song is extremely unfinished, just let them be and release the way Michael left them."

Basically agreeing with your points Tsukiji.
Maybe I'ld want to add some, depends...

my honest opinion is leave Michael's stuff alone...I want to hear it just as he left it...that way I know he approved of it..even if it isn't finished yet..
^^
This.

Problem is that from now on we will never know for sure if anything it's just the way Michael left it.
I will treasure for the rest of my life what he already left us.

R.I.P. Michael.

Well said Tsukiji, I agree with everything you just said!

An, if Sony/The Estate are not willing to put out demos or other finished songs the way Michael left them, they should at least put it on a bonus disc or put them up for download via iTunes or their website for like 0.99$ each or something like that.

Ermm...

I personally don't mind, but I'd love to hear it as Michael left it and imagine on how he could have took it.

If they want to finish a track have the producer who was there with Michael when creating it.

I was so happy when Brad Buxer was there to finish Hollywood and Best of Joy because he knew what Michael wanted, even with the notes Michael left.

But personally, I would rather hear it as Michael left it but no matter what, Michael wouldn't want it released in any shape or form.

Last edited:
If Michael's demos aren't finished and if they feel they need change and if they feel that Michael would have done it the way they change it, then they should do it accordingly. However, they should always include a bonus cd with untouched demo so that the fans could always have an idea what was the song like before the change has been made.

We should never ever be left in doubt whether we hear Michael's vocals, for example, or someone else's. Now that Mike is dead, we should have all the proof and traces what Michael really did, more than simple words such as "It's Michael".

Everyone wanted to take advantage of him when he was alive, now that he is dead new vaultures flock together and want a piece of him.

I feel that they shouldn't be touched. If anything was made clear to me by the release of "Michael," it was that he knew what he was doing and that should have been enough. I'd rather hear tracks that aren't close to completion than ones that have been worked on. At least I'd know that Michael's vision remained intact.

Last edited:
They should/should've definitely remain(ed) as they were. What a lousy, overcharged job was done with 'Michael' with mostly all the reworked songs out there; I don't feel Michael in that album, hence why I didn't buy and won't buy any of the upcoming crap if it's gonna still be tampered with abusively. Not doing so out of pride, I just don't like listening to counterfeited, overprocessed sounds (thus noises) and have them hurt my ears.

I just don't like listening to fakes and have them hurt my ears.

Don't you think that's a bit harsh? I mean, it's not like all the songs on MICHAEL were Cascio songs. There were a couple of genuine Michael Jackson songs. Sure, you have Behind The Mask and Another Day which had been screwed big time but still...

They should/should've definitely remain(ed) as they were. What a lousy, overcharged job was done with 'Michael' with mostly all the reworked songs out there; I don't feel Michael in that album, hence why I didn't buy and won't buy any of the upcoming crap if it's gonna still be tampered with abusively. Not doing so out of pride, I just don't like listening to counterfeited, overprocessed sounds (thus noises) and have them hurt my ears.

agreed with everything you've said....

To me, they need to leave his unreleased music alone...I pretty much agree with what Tsukiji said as well....

All in all, I don't want to hear anymore unreleased music if they need to mess with things so much at the expense of his art...His music is sacred and he doesn't deserve that no matter how much we may want to hear it...

If MJ intended the song to be dark, don't include a bridge about rainbows.

disagree with anything you say in general....

According to me --and I know best-- they must leave his released music alone...I pretty much disagree with what Tsukiji said as well....

All in all, I demand not to hear more released music if they don't mess with things so much at the expense of his fart through a pvc pipe...His noise is trivial and he does deserve that, no matter how much we don't want to hear it...

:clapping:

I think they should just leave it alone. I don't if a song is incomplete.. if that's how MJ left it then that's how I want to hear it.

You just speak my words!! :clapping:

I say just leave them the way they are. But the way my depression has been now. I really don't care now. Only because I can't handle listening to any of his songs that is coming out now. I still have yet to take the plastic off of my Michael album. And I had that album since the day after it came out. The only songs of his that I can handle are the ones that came out when we still had him.:sad:

Put your glasses on.

ahhh...much better!

2dhch1e.jpg

Back