“Hollywood Tonight” VIDEO premieres NOW

Not really? Which part of the video depicts a broken 15 year-old prostitute pursuing a career in films?

Gee, I didn't know every single lyric should've been depicted in the vid. They shoud've hired a 15 year old too maybe? LOL. The song is about a young girl wanting to make it in Hollywood and struggling and that's what the video basically shows.

I love this video, a very nice tribute and not what I was expecting. When an artist releases a video after their death it's usually just loads of clips from other videos put together but at least this shows they are making an effort and trying to be different and I like how they continue to make the videos tell a story to fit the lyrics in the song just like MJ did. However the bit with the lap dancing was predictable - young girl goes to Hollywood in pursue of stardom, ends up performing in a lap dancing club and LA isn't as glam as it seems etc so I think that could have been left out, other than that it was great and the choreography was AMAZING!!! I definitely think MJ would be proud of this video.

Making of Hollywood Tonight video

Wow, thanks for posting. It was so nice to see how much love and effort they put into this. The admiration for Michael is very clear and it shines through. I really like the end result too.

Am I the only one who actually likes the video?

No, you are not. I liked the video too :)

Making of Hollywood Tonight video

great video, thanks for posting! it's wonderful to see people who worked with him and knew him and loved him to do this for him now and put their hearts and souls into this. They did an amazing job.:clapping:

great video, thanks for posting! it's wonderful to see people who worked with him and knew him and loved him to do this for him now and put their hearts and souls into this. They did an amazing job.:clapping:

I sometimes wish that these people didn't have to face this much negativity from the fans. Okay perhaps the end work cannot compare with Michael's genius, but regardless everyone involved in these projects are putting their heart and soul into it.

^ I agree, Ivy. It's embarrasing sometimes, because for some it is just never good enough, despite all the effort and love that was put into it.

Just seen Hollywood Tonight on MTV (Nothing but hits show). I was in a coffee shop and the whole place watched the video!

Thanks soo much for the "The Making of HT" video! - It is GREAT!

They love MJ so much and they are so full of respect.

I sometimes wish that these people didn't have to face this much negativity from the fans. Okay perhaps the end work cannot compare with Michael's genius, but regardless everyone involved in these projects are putting their heart and soul into it.

:clapping:

^ I agree, Ivy. It's embarrasing sometimes, because for some it is just never good enough, despite all the effort and love that was put into it.
Great posts. :)

I really enjoyed the Making Of... At first I wasn't entirely sure about the video, but I really like it now.

About people commenting that it doesn't go with the lyrics and themes exactly... what music video ever does, really? Most music videos are at least sort of vague in reference to the song unless they're Rebecca Black's Friday.

I like this comment on YouTube.

"i know why there's only 6 million views even though he has billions of fans: MICHAEL IS NOT IN IT. he's dead... without MJ, the video is not Michael..., no matter how many times you insert Michael's video, or his moves, it's not the same..."

Indeed. The video has nothing to do with him.
And the strip bar and alcohol WTF?!
I only like the dancing at the end.

The video has definitely a disappointing amount of views. Anyone can beat it.

I mean, Jennifer Lopez feat. Pitbull have now over 60 million views and HT has 6 million views. HT was added only 1 week later.

^^Well, if fans don't like the video so what do you expect from non fans? I personally watched the video only twice and I don't feel like watching it again. Its nothing special.

The video has definitely a disappointing amount of views. Anyone can beat it.

I mean, Jennifer Lopez feat. Pitbull have now over 60 million views and HT has 6 million views. HT was added only 1 week later.

Why compare it to a video that was premiered on the most watched show (American Idol), the song was #1 on iTunes and has big airplay? Not a fair comparison. It ain't like J Lo's video is some masterpiece.....

Why compare it to a video that was premiered on the most watched show (American Idol), the song was #1 on iTunes and has big airplay? Not a fair comparison. It ain't like J Lo's video is some masterpiece.....

thanks god, you just prove that fans can be smart...

it's not because a crap is seen by millions of people that it's a good track

comparing this track from jlo to HT even remixed and finalisd by the Estate is weird !

by the way,

"can you feel it", "heal the world"" and "botd" were flop in the USA...

what conclusion ?

they're bad tracks ?

When did I ever say the track is bad or anything negative about the song when talking about the views? GTFO with that.

I just said the amout of views was disappointing. Now, have a nice day.

When did I ever say the track is bad or anything negative about the song when talking about the views? GTFO with that.

I just said the amout of views was disappointing. Now, have a nice day.

ok sorry !

It's ok, and I'm sorry too. Had a bad day yesterday and I used some of it on you. Sorry ;)

i did like the spoken version!!!!! Why change a fan favorite,?? if its a fan fav than you dont have to change it right??????

Sorry for being so late to the party guys, lol, but I've only just had a good look at the video for the first time now. And I don't understand the criticism really, as it's everything that you could want as a red-blooded male MJ fan, the chance to ogle some toned female midriffs with a good MJ song playing over the top. Now, if you'll excuse me a moment.

**mutes, stares**

But seriously, I think it's really well done, personally.

i like the throwback mix, even though i favored the album version at first. however, i think they should include unseen footage of Michael in the posthumous video/single releases and not rehashed images from other videos. Now everytime i hear the song images of the video pop into my head, which can sometimes take away from the song.

Back