Has Taylor Swift ever talked about Michael?

KingofPop125

Proud Member
I am just curious, because Taylor is the biggest singer in the world right now and she has been getting all the attention right now from the Eras Tour etc., along with Swifties and Moonwalkers loving to argue whose more famous*. I just want to know if she ever gave his thoughts about him. Looked at her wikipedia for her artistic inspirations, doesn’t say anything about her being influenced by Michael, so I just want to know if she has acknowledged him in any way.

*To give my two cents into the debate, Taylor is most certainly NOT MJ-levels of famous, but that’s not her fault. It’s kind of impossible to be that famous this day and age since while she’s closer than most into achieving such a feat, monoculture is pretty much dead. Also, despite all of her contributions (some even groundbreaking) to populat music history, she hasn’t fundamentally change the music industry and pop culture the way Michael did. MJ is one of only three modern musical acts to do such a thing (alongside Elvis Presley and the Beatles).

No hate towards Taylor, she’s unbelievably talented and hard working, but Michael will always be the GOAT.

I am just curious, because Taylor is the biggest singer in the world right now and she has been getting all the attention right now from the Eras Tour etc., along with Swifties and Moonwalkers loving to argue whose more famous*. I just want to know if she ever gave his thoughts about him. Looked at her wikipedia for her artistic inspirations, doesn’t say anything about her being influenced by Michael, so I just want to know if she has acknowledged him in any way. [...]
I haven't noticed anything. I've read lots of features and watched several online interviews and can't remember Michael being mentioned. Personally, I'm fine with that and it doesn't surprise me. I think she can be assessed on her own merits without being compared to Michael but, that said, I get it. She's just done 8 nights at Wembley breaking Michael's 35-year old record for a solo artist. Michael absolutely is still used as the measure of another pop artist's success and with good reason, of course. But I don't think there's any particular reason why she would be influenced by him - musically, I mean. Her favourite musician, afaik, is Paul McCartney. Emmylou Harris gets mentioned plus lots of country artists, obviously. I haven't read a ton of stuff about her but the question of her influences doesn't get much attention, tbh. Not that I've noticed, anyway. They mostly just focus on her precocious talent when she started writing songs in Nashville, Kanye West gets mentioned and then they start talking about the 1989 album. That's how it usually goes, ime.

I am just curious, because Taylor is the biggest singer in the world right now and she has been getting all the attention right now from the Eras Tour etc., along with Swifties and Moonwalkers loving to argue whose more famous*. I just want to know if she ever gave his thoughts about him. Looked at her wikipedia for her artistic inspirations, doesn’t say anything about her being influenced by Michael, so I just want to know if she has acknowledged him in any way.

*To give my two cents into the debate, Taylor is most certainly NOT MJ-levels of famous, but that’s not her fault. It’s kind of impossible to be that famous this day and age since while she’s closer than most into achieving such a feat, monoculture is pretty much dead. Also, despite all of her contributions (some even groundbreaking) to populat music history, she hasn’t fundamentally change the music industry and pop culture the way Michael did. MJ is one of only three modern musical acts to do such a thing (alongside Elvis Presley and the Beatles).

No hate towards Taylor, she’s unbelievably talented and hard working, but Michael will always be the GOAT.
Pls, stop comparing them! They are both great arists. The only thing I can say about Taylor vs MJ situation is that Taylor's voice is not unique. It's such a cliche for white straight woman. It doesn't mean it's bad! Her vocal abilities are amazing, she can do a lot of stuff, Michael would never do. But Michael's biggest advantage - his voice! It's his main advantage! No black man in this world has voice similar to MJ (Jason Malachi is just a gost, let's pretend that he doesn't exist).

She's a massive artist and I agree the biggest singer in the world.

I've also seen the comparisons with MJ on X and her fans going back and forth with our fans.

I still think she's very vanilla, she quite clearly has a lot of talent but she still doesn't have that mysterious aura about her as Michael did.

Plus she can't dance for shit 😂

I haven't noticed anything. I've read lots of features and watched several online interviews and can't remember Michael being mentioned. Personally, I'm fine with that and it doesn't surprise me. I think she can be assessed on her own merits without being compared to Michael but, that said, I get it. She's just done 8 nights at Wembley breaking Michael's 35-year old record for a solo artist. Michael absolutely is still used as the measure of another pop artist's success and with good reason, of course. But I don't think there's any particular reason why she would be influenced by him - musically, I mean. Her favourite musician, afaik, is Paul McCartney. Emmylou Harris gets mentioned plus lots of country artists, obviously. I haven't read a ton of stuff about her but the question of her influences doesn't get much attention, tbh. Not that I've noticed, anyway. They mostly just focus on her precocious talent when she started writing songs in Nashville, Kanye West gets mentioned and then they start talking about the 1989 album. That's how it usually goes, ime.
50 shows in 5hrs, break that.

50 shows in 5hrs, break that.
OK, but the OP isn't talking about this. The question was: has Taylor Swift ever said anything about Michael, has she said that he was a musical influence? And I'm saying, maybe, but I haven't seen that in the stuff I've read / watched. She hasn't even really mentioned Madonna - which would make more sense, in a way. Madonna paid a compliment to Taylor one time and Taylor posted a response to that but, otherwise, I've not noticed her mentioning Madonna at all. She's mentioned Emmylou Harris, Shania Twain, a few other country peeps. Oh, and Carole King. That's it. I haven't read everything about her but I've read a few bits and this 'influence' thing just doesn't seem to crop up all that much, imo.

Last edited:
I rememeber in 2009 after Michaels death in a MTV-award-show Michale got many awards and she got also one, and in her thankyou -speech she said how proud she to win a award in a show where als Michael is recognized.

I rememeber in 2009 after Michaels death in a MTV-award-show Michale got many awards and she got also one, and in her thankyou -speech she said how proud she to win a award in a show where als Michael is recognized.
oh, that's cool. I didn't know that! :)

Cool. You don’t happened to have a link do you?

she has, we all talk about our kings ;-)

I don't associate Taylor with MJ at all , couldn't imagine him being one of her inspirations.

She will respect him and perhaps strive for what he had but she's more of a folk country girl turned pop.

Reactions: MJ5
While I'm not a fan of hers, to the people that are both Moonwalkers & Swifties, I guess it would be nice to hear something positive from her about MJ.

I'll give her (or her team) credit for the clever idea of re-recording her old material that she didnt own. This sounds like something MJ was an advocate for (artists having more ownership of their music).

That said, the comparisons get annoying because it's just absurd to me imo.

why the clown face? I mean that's totally ok to have your own opinion but no need to be making fun of her. (if you were not making fun of her, sorry for assuming but I'm just saying)
I can write and say whatever i want about this figure. And of course also fun, if i want. I cant take this figure, this wannabe, seriously. 😂🤣🤡

Last edited:
Back