HAPPY 31st BIRTHDAY THRILLER - The BEST Selling Album of All Time

Gregory Burkart on the Thriller video released Dec. 2, 1983--nice article and clips.

http://www.fearnet.com/news/news-article/remembering-michael-jacksons-thriller-30-years-later

I'm glad you didn't copy the whole article here, as we do want positive articles get hits from fans:clapping:

"While Jackson's legacy is many things to many people, Thriller is certainly the single MJ project that transcends the time and circumstances of its creation and rises above the artist's career ups and downs, his troubled personal life, and the criticism and controversy that surrounded him, to ultimately become a cultural landmark that is still beloved by millions around the world. Even three decades after its premiere, it remains a high watermark of style, production quality and old-school scary fun for horror-themed music videos old and new."

Amen.

Thought the same! A little cheesy by today's standards, but nostalgia nonetheless! :popcorn:

Amazing thread btw! :D

The so called "today's standards" suck.Just take a look around at the generic, lifeless stuff that rules the charts these days. Everything sounds the same, most artists have nothing to say either musically or lyrically. There is nothing "cheesy" about songs like Billie Jean, WBSS, Human Nature, Beat It etc in comparation. On the contrary.

That would be "Off The Wall", which Michael was upset that it was overlooked (awards wise, etc.) I was shocked that he didn't get more awards for it, too. That probably added fuel to his fire to make his next album unforgettable and hard to ignore. Thriller couldn't be underrated, overlooked or ignored if the world tried to, LOL! My 78 yr. aunt still has her copy, as well as everyone and their mama...

I was in high school when it was released and I still have the vinyl version to this day. I don't have anything to play it on anymore.

I wouldn't call Off The Wall underrated now a days. In fact it's MJ's most praised album after Thriller.

31 years old - and still as fresh as EVER!!

Thriller surely proves that great music never gets old.

Legends never die!

Back