Hadrian’s Wall

@HWpath

"Crag Lough on #hadrianswall #nationaltrail in the @NlandNP"

GSm9iu7XYAA7p1V
Those are popular with the bumblebees!

Holy contributing to the delinquency of minors!
Are we talking about the spelling mistake in the quote? Because I concur - although I would have written your question as, 'Wholly contributing to ...' :)

But, yeah, it was painful posting that caption. You know the rule, a quote has to be verbatim! I think I should have added in the actual tweet to prove that it's not my spelling mistake, lol. Maybe I'll do that, anyway. :unsure:

A truly magical landscape. It looks like a painting!
I keep thinking I really don't need to post any more of these Hadrian Wall photos. The pictures speak for themselves, what else is there to say? But the photos keep popping up and they are always beautiful and interesting and atmospheric. So I keep posting, lol.

Last edited:
Holy contributing to the delinquency of minors!
The plot thickens! Just Googled 'mist ladened' and it seems it might be legit. I always thought it was 'laden'. But 'ladened' is cropping up, unexpectedly! I need to find out more. I need to brush up on my grammar! Plus, it means I must have misinterpreted your comment. :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, the original tweet:

Last edited:
The plot thickens! Just Googled 'mist ladened' and it seems it might be legit. I always thought it was 'laden'. But 'ladened' is cropping up, unexpectedly! I need to find out more. I need to brush up on my grammar! Plus, it means I must have misinterpreted your comment. :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, the original tweet:

I wasn’t pointing out any mistakes but merely quoting Burt Ward!

‘Ladened’ looks a bit odd but not necessarily wrong to me.

I wasn’t pointing out any mistakes but merely quoting Burt Ward!
Dang it! I didn't pick it up. :eek:

Although, wasn't it always Robin who did the 'Holy ... (whatever)'? He would punch his fist into his other hand and do the 'Holy ...' thing? I'm going to have to chase this up. It's going to drive me mad, lol.

‘Ladened’ looks a bit odd but not necessarily wrong to me.
It does look odd. I'm happy to stand corrected but it still looks weird, sounds weird in my head and sounds even worse said out loud. Otoh, it does have a suitably atmospheric, Bronte-ish (or Dickensian?) feel about it so I shouldn't really complain.

Back