Give In To Me Song + Video Discussion

andythemisfit

Proud Member
I couldn't find any other thread discussing this amazing song so I thought I'd start one myself.

So tell me what do you think of GITM? Do you love it as much as I do? Do you find it over-rated or under-rated? And what are your thoughts about the music video?

In my opinion GITM is one of MJ's overlooked gems that doesn't get the airplay nor the attention that it deserves despite being released as a single. The video barely gets shown on MTV, VH1 or VH1 Classic for some reason; the last time I remember seeing it was about a week after MJ's death when MJ's videos were dominating the music channels.

I would like to hear your thoughts. Discuss away! :)

Honestly, he is so out of tune in this song like when he sings the word 'stone' and 'do the things I say' I find it hard to listen to. Which is a pity because it would have been amazing otherwise!

Very underrated I think. He should have sang this on the Dangerous tour !

I actually think of it as Dirty Diana Pt. 2....And that's not necessarily a bad thing, it's one of my favorite songs to listen to.

agreed! it is so underrated
243j5gl.jpg

love this song!

edit: P.S THE VIDEO IS EFFIN HOT!

Last edited:
I think that song is sooooo sexy! He sounds so hott in that song and sings with so much passion. It is one of my favorite MJ songs. I feel like the video could have been like ITC part 2 ;) But I do like the rocker feel to it.

I just totally love the video and the song of Give In To Me. Have ever since I first saw the World premiere of it on February 10th 1993. When I saw the Oprah Interview. And I remember getting the Dangerous cassette tape in August of 93. And the very first song I had to hear on that tape was Give In To Me. Of course the problem with that was. I was in my room laying on my bed crying over what was going on with Michael then. As I was listening to that song. I just wanted to be with him so badly then. And over a week or so ago I had downloaded from this other MJ site. The making of the Give In To Me video. And I just love that as well even though it is not very long. Just over 2 minutes long. But it is still great to watch it.

It's one of my favourite songs, too underrated yes :yes: :(
I do not like the video so much though.

Always loved this song, he sounds so sexy in it. The video ain't bad either :naughty:

I think it's pretty underrated too.

But it's definitely one of my favourites off Dangerous :wub:

The only good things about the video are Slash's guitar solo, his jeans and his curls.

Juuuuuust kiddin' :devil: Love the song and most especially the vid. It certainly is underrated. The vid bursts out with energy. In between all that electricity and Michael's lovely curls the whole thing is mesmerizing. I loooove that effect at the end where he 'directs' the lightning with his hands, just love it to bits. Slash's hair gets in the way actually lol; not that I would have eyes for anyone else in that vid or any other, for that matter :D

The rock concert feel, the atmosphere, the scenes with them couples, the lyrics - everything about that song/vid oooozes sensuality. It simply is a wonderful vision of 'grown up' Michael. Although i was first and foremost interested in his humanitarian anthems, this kinda 'groovey' song cannot leave anyone cold as ice.

I remember seeing it on tv and then discovering it had been launched during the Oprah interview. As it is with most, if not all, things Michael - loved it back then, love it now.

243j5gl.jpg

mjbaybee thanks for that animation. Looove that 'oooookay' bit, it's one of my favorite scenes during the entire vid.

How come nobody in these threads posts them vids? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kne9JS0eIRc QED

I am listening to it right now and I just adore it !!!!!! So powerfull and sexy....and the video is just....wow.
You know...the thing with Michael is that he never really had to try hard to do anything, I mean, he could just stand without moving any muscle and it would be breathtaking.
There are so many beautifull songs that people don"t really know. And when they hear it they go : "oh, this is Michael"s song ?! It"s great !" Well.....
Many of his songs will be understood later.

I just loooove the song and the video! :yes: I think Michael is really, really beatiful in the video and his charisma is just...overwhelming, as usually. :love:
I think the rock concert style fits him really well, he's extremely hot! The curls, smiles and the facial expressions...Just wow.
But about the song: does Michael really sing it partly out of tune, as someone earlier mentioned? :( I've never noticed it. But I don't know that much about the music theory to be honest. I just wonder how could that be so, because Michael is such a perfectionist...?

I couldn't find any other thread discussing this amazing song so I thought I'd start one myself.

So tell me what do you think of GITM? Do you love it as much as I do? Do you find it over-rated or under-rated? And what are your thoughts about the music video?

In my opinion GITM is one of MJ's overlooked gems that doesn't get the airplay nor the attention that it deserves despite being released as a single. The video barely gets shown on MTV, VH1 or VH1 Classic for some reason; the last time I remember seeing it was about a week after MJ's death when MJ's videos were dominating the music channels.

I would like to hear your thoughts. Discuss away! :)

I agree, the song is one of my favs!Beyond underrated. Its a very passionate rock song...didn't like the video too much...If I could have my way I'd edit everything out except for MJ and Slash...then it would be my all time favorite video.:D

I loved the part when he sings' and it's okayyyy...' and he's smiling, that is the best part in the video... :D Love it, love him!!!

I love his voice in this..so raw and rough..like he's seen it all!

GITM is one of my favorite MJ songs. I love the video too, Michael looks like a true rockstar. Also I love Slash, the combination between the two is absolutley awesome!

Honestly, he is so out of tune in this song like when he sings the word 'stone' and 'do the things I say' I find it hard to listen to. Which is a pity because it would have been amazing otherwise!

lol How is 'out of tune'? I've never had an issue with the way he sang it, nor did it ever sound weird. If anything, I think the rawness of his vocals was something we didn't get to experience often in his music.

Oh i love it. Its one of my favourite MJ songs and currently my ringtone!
Underrated yes.. but dont think it has as much potential as Thriller, Bad, Black or White etc. Great great song though. I really love the rawness of it and i just love that edgey sounding voice. Its not out of tune at all.. its raw. Just like John Lennon in Twist and Shout. LOVE IT!

I'm gonna get crucified for this, but it is my least favorite MJ song, period. I don't know why, but I'm just not that into it.

It is a good song and I would say it is underrated. There are a handful of singles that for some reason never get the air time...this being one of them. Stranger In Moscow being another.

The video is ok I guess. I always liked the live look so I was fine with it. The last time I saw the video on tv was a couple months ago. The channel "Fuse" often still shows MJ marathons and documentaries (about once a week actually). They are the same ones they played after his death but I have caught this video in theses marathons a few times.

I agree, the song is one of my favs!Beyond underrated. Its a very passionate rock song...didn't like the video too much...If I could have my way I'd edit everything out except for MJ and Slash...then it would be my all time favorite video.:D

What was it about the video that you didn't like? I'm not angry btw, just asking out of curiousity.

Also, does anyone know if MJ ever performed this song live? Now that I've mentioned it, GITM was one of my choices for my ideal TII setlist. If only...:(

Last edited:

hey, i found this demo of GITM...it's very rough at some points, but he sounds so raw and sexy...this version is so different!

Back