Germany wins Grand Prix d'Eurovision

I just saw the music video and I just don't feel good :/

Beautiful girl though.

Countries usually vote for their neighbours, I wouldn't necessarily call that "politics" only because they like sticking together, it's just that Eastern European music is different to Western European music.
I don't like Lena's song at all (but hey, that's just my taste), however, I congratulate her anyway. Well done and all the best for the future.

Countries usually vote for their neighbours, I wouldn't necessarily call that "politics" only because they like sticking together, it's just that Eastern European music is different to Western European music.

Yes, you're right, this is not necessarily politics but if turkey never gets some votes from greece or armenia - then it's politics! ;)

That was just an example... :)

Ah, yes, I see what you mean. But it's obvious that countries will always vote for certain neighbours (or not). Scandinavians usually stick together (at least for the Grand Prix :D ), the former Yugoslavian states do the same.
But the music genre is also important. I remember for example that Germany once had this bloke called Guildo Horn as a contestant. Now, he was probably a funny guy and all (and successful in the German speaking countries), but that sort of music just wasn't something you could win a European contest with. In fact, it's the same thing for most Western European countries.

Ah, yes, I see what you mean. But it's obvious that countries will always vote for certain neighbours (or not). Scandinavians usually stick together (at least for the Grand Prix :D ), the former Yugoslavian states do the same.
But the music genre is also important. I remember for example that Germany once had this bloke called Guildo Horn as a contestant. Now, he was probably a funny guy and all (and successful in the German speaking countries), but that sort of music just wasn't something you could win a European contest with. In fact, it's the same thing for most Western European countries.

Yeah, you're right! But I think Germany was just trying to impress all the other countries and the people who are voting by doing typical german music. They didn't really try to win the contest by trying something out, no, they just stuck with their own kind of music and that was the reason why they couldn't win so often and also politics of course! :D

I don't think this year's winner was political at all. I think Lena won because she had the most promotion. Wasn't she number one in charts across Europe before the show even took place?
I thought Ireland's entry was a great song, and it only managed third last place. :bugeyed I didn't think that was fair, but hey?
Congratulations to Lena und Deutschland! I found the song a bit annoying and I didn't like the accent that she put on. But I'm happy for her.

I dont really care about the Eurovision.
But Norway won last year with Fairytale and that was quite fun. Think that its a much better song than this years winner :p

[youtube]uiH4BFTELME[/youtube]
Alexander was asking people to vote for Lena (Germany) on his Facebook!

Yeah, you're right! But I think Germany was just trying to impress all the other countries and the people who are voting by doing typical german music. They didn't really try to win the contest by trying something out, no, they just stuck with their own kind of music and that was the reason why they couldn't win so often and also politics of course! :D
This is German music? I didn't hear music like that when I was in Germany :lol:

Oh and congratulations NORGE on a great show!

This is German music? I didn't hear music like that when I was in Germany :lol:

Oh and congratulations NORGE on a great show!

But I hope you know that I didn't mean Lena by saying typical german music! ;)
I meant all the other artists from about 1970-2000. :)

Back