Germany wins Grand Prix d'Eurovision

She cant sing. I dont know why she won. But its okay. She had confidence and charm. But she really couldnt sing :D

Nowadays this contest is a big joke if you ask me, long time ago it was really 'something'. today its crap..the songs are s**** and votes are mainly based on politics

She can't sing and the song was horrible or average at best. I don't know where Europeans put their ears! But then there weren't many good songs anyway. My favourite was maybe the Belgain guy, Tom Dice with "Me and my guitar". It was a simple, but nice song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWruRPXHkEc

I'm from geramny and I agree: She CAN'T sing, she CAN'T dance nd she's SILLY! I don't like her!

That contest is utterly ridiculous has always been thruout the past decade. Lena can't sing a lick. Whatever makes Europeans happy lol

I'm from geramny and I agree: She CAN'T sing, she CAN'T dance nd she's SILLY! I don't like her!

Totally agree with you! I always wonder, what accent she tries to put on, when she sings! Weird! :no: She is also too arrogant for her young age! The song is simple and an ear catcher, but you don't need a special trained voice to sing that tune!

This is ridicilous. This is distressing. I can't stand her fake-girlish-fuss. I am from Germany and can't hear it any longer 'cause during the last weeks the Media has pushed her in an unbelievable way. Eveywhere oooh and aaah Lena here and Lena there.

Now I am jugded to bear it even longer.

I can't believe the other European countries voted for her and her middling song.

And worser, these kind of competitions are only for nationalism. Germans who admit before the song is bad and the girl is annoying now going wild saying: She gained it for GERMANY. It is if they have won an soccer game: GERMANY, GERMANY, GERMANY
fahne-deutschland_4.gif
:doh:

This is ridicilous. This is distressing. I can't stand her fake-girlish-fuss. I am from Germany and can't hear it any longer 'cause during the last weeks the Media has pushed her in an unbelievable way. Eveywhere oooh and aaah Lena here and Lena there.

Now I am jugded to bear it even longer.

I can't believe the other European countries voted for her and her middling song.

And worser, these kind of competitions are only for nationalism. Germans who admit before the song is bad and the girl is annoying now going wild saying: She gained it for GERMANY. It is if they have won an soccer game: GERMANY, GERMANY, GERMANY
fahne-deutschland_4.gif
:doh:

And that is what I hate about the germans we win something and start moaning about it -.- That's why I'm glad to be only half german this is really pissing me off.
Just be happy that she won and that we didn't end up on one of the last positions like all the years before. She was WAY better than everything we had the last few times. And I like her btw.

The UK's entry was hilarious.

They could at least have managed to find someone who can sing in key.

And that is what I hate about the germans we win something and start moaning about it -.- That's why I'm glad to be only half german this is really pissing me off.
Just be happy that she won and that we didn't end up on one of the last positions like all the years before. She was WAY better than everything we had the last few times. And I like her btw.
WE - who is it? This is what I hate about the Germans. I HAVE to LOVE what the majority loves, I HAVE ot HATE what the majority wants. And the Media in the whole gives the direction. That is what I hate. My individual opinion is monopolized and you will be attacked everywhere if you disclose it.
This girl and her middling song aren't important enough to argue. But it is a problem in general.

Her spelling sounds weird.. I think the song is pure Eurovision music :D

Finland didn't even make it to the final :lol:

All the acts were ridiculous and Lena can't sing a lick the media's been hyping her up since the beginning of the year. Though she's just a mediocre singer if anything.
Eurovision doesn't give any international platform whatsoever .. the contest itself is
r i d i c u l o u s to say the least. Until last week I had no idea who the heck Lena was, or that weird song of hers ''Satelite', she should quit imitating duffy's singing style, he accent is ridiculous someone should tell that girl the word is called
''L O V E'' not ''LOF''

Last edited:
Lena, Lena :jump::dancin:

I`m so happy for her, especially because she`s from my hometown. Everyone is still partying here.

bahaha I must admit, I'm really NOT a fan of the Eurovision.. yep its all about politics! :puke: a big joke.

This year it obviously wasn`t about politics, because a German song won. The first time since 1982.
In the last years, it always seemed to be about politics, because the winner was always from Eastern Europe, but Germany isn`t that popular, so it seems to be about the song.

Go, Lena :dancin:

I think it was the first time Sweden didn´t make it to the final although we had 5-6 contests to chose the right songs.
The best with the swedish contests is that we can vote with the phone and chose to pay a little more to give to charities.
My memory isn´t always good but I think the charities got some million swedish crowns.

I didn´t watch the final but congratulations to germany.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl2e1S6_RGM
This song was in Grand Prix dEurovision 40 years ago.

This year it obviously wasn`t about politics, because a German song won. The first time since 1982.
In the last years, it always seemed to be about politics, because the winner was always from Eastern Europe, but Germany isn`t that popular, so it seems to be about the song.

Go, Lena :dancin:
For me it is really a MIRACLE why she has won.

All the acts were ridiculous and Lena can't sing a lick the media's been hyping her up since the beginning of the year. Though she's just a mediocre singer if anything.
Eurovision doesn't give any international platform whatsoever .. the contest itself is
r i d i c u l o u s to say the least. Until last week I had no idea who the heck Lena was, or that weird song of hers ''Satelite', she should quit imitating duffy's singing style, he accent is ridiculous someone should tell that girl the word is called
''L O V E'' not ''LOF''
I don't think its purpose is to give international platform.. for me I don't think I've ever taken that contest seariously, it's just something fun that unites Europe? :) Most of the songs are so bad you can't do nothing but laugh about it.

Lena, Lena :jump::dancin:

I`m so happy for her, especially because she`s from my hometown. Everyone is still partying here.

That's not right. I'm from geramny, too, and I hate that trouble around this damn girl! She's NOTHING. She can't sing, she can't dance, she can't entertain. Winner or not, I don't like her!

"she cant sing" blah blah ...nonsense hating...

the song is average copycat pop...
but she can sing and shes cute.
congratulations Lena! :)

That's not right. I'm from geramny, too, and I hate that trouble around this damn girl! She's NOTHING. She can't sing, she can't dance, she can't entertain. Winner or not, I don't like her!

Exactly.

I think it is about politics, germany spent a lot of money for this contest.

yes, every single country that gave points to germany
is involved in an big conspirancy. :rolleyes2:

especially MJ fans should have learned to be more tollerant
of other people and other peoples tastes...

Last edited:
I dont really care about the Eurovision.
But Norway won last year with Fairytale and that was quite fun. Think that its a much better song than this years winner :p

[youtube]uiH4BFTELME[/youtube]

Nowadays this contest is a big joke if you ask me, long time ago it was really 'something'. today its crap..the songs are s**** and votes are mainly based on politics

Yeah, unfortunately that is true!

To Lena: She's singin' a bit like Kate Nash or Lily Allen with the british accent but I think she's not as good as them, tho'! Nevertheless I like her. :)

Back