Gary, Indiana to honor MJ with a theme park

ThunderPower

Proud Member
Work is expected to begin this year on a 100-acre Michael Jackson entertainment complex that would include a museum, performing arts center, hotel, golf course and theme park inspired by the pop singer’s Neverland Ranch.

“Everything is in the planning stages at this point, but we’re moving on a fast track and we’re looking forward to actually breaking ground sometime in 2010,” said Odie Anderson, president of the Jackson family project in the pop singer’s hometown of Gary, Ind.

Anderson said the theme park would include rides found at Jackson’s 2,700-acre Neverland Ranch near Los Olivos in Santa Barbara County.

In addition to a zoo, aviary and nature preserve, the Neverland theme park included a carousel, Ferris wheel, bumper cars, passenger train and classic carnival rides such as the Zipper, Sea Dragon and Octopus.

A roller coaster with a “Thriller” theme would be part of the planned theme park, the Daily Mirror reported.

The $1-billion project would be built over a 10-year period, starting with the museum, art center and hotel before breaking ground on the golf course and theme park.
http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/michael-jackson-them-6224/

This sounds AMAZING. I wish I lived near Indiana.

I wonder if Michael would ever had got like half as much of love from all the people around the world if he was alive. Still amazing thought.

Wow...If this comes to fruition I may have to make the four hour drive to Gary. Wow...I think I speak for all of us here when I say I wish Michael could be here physically to see all of this. If only he had been given all this love and admiration when it mattered most...yeah...sorry I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the last several months let alone the last 15 years.

I'm excited about this but at the same time it makes me a bit irritated...a catch 22.

Well it's to celebrate Michael so I guess that's all that really matters.

it's crazy how these newspapers pick up their stories from tabloids...but..it's the trend..and, this looks true.

Sounds pretty cool! I'd love to go see this whenever it's completed.

I wonder if Michael would ever had got like half as much of love from all the people around the world if he was alive. Still amazing thought.

He did actually. Especially during the 80's and early 90's. I can't think of another entertainer who got as much love worldwide as MJ did when he was at his peak. Unfortunately, things took a turn for the worse later on as we all know and many people didn't appreciate MJ as much as they should have in the past few years . I really hope he knew how much he was loved though.

Sounds pretty cool! I'd love to go see this whenever it's completed.

He did actually. Especially during the 80's and early 90's. I can't think of another entertainer who got as much love worldwide as MJ did when he was at his peak. Unfortunately, things took a turn for the worse later on as we all know and many people didn't appreciate MJ as much as they should have in the past few years . I really hope he knew how much he was loved though.

I know what u mean .. but still .. not enough love in my opinion .. he deservs more love and especially the last sixteen years of his life (after 1993)... People and papz calling him things that wasnt true .. I really believe the media and tabloids killed Michael :( .. Missing him deeply.

Anderson said the theme park would include rides found at Jackson’s 2,700-acre Neverland Ranch near Los Olivos in Santa Barbara County.

Does it mean that Neverland won't be open for fans and tourists

gary has always shown michael love. they've been wanting to do something for him and the family for years

I doubt Neverland will ever come to fruition, it brought so much pain to Michael, why would we go to a place that did that to him?
i hope it does come ture because michael loved neverland. he didn't want to live there anymore because his privacy had been invaded but he also didn't want to sell it becasue obviously it was still special to him. millions of fans would love to go there and see a place that once brought michael so much joy. it wasn't the place that caused him pain it was what people made it out to be, the lies and the authorities.

I'm so gonna make a trip to go to Gary :D

Last edited:
Cool! I live in Ohio, so it's not far for me. I'll have to go there if it really happens.
I also wish that Michael was still alive and that he was still happy at Neverland, and I could go there instead. :( Things just don't turn out the way they should sometimes.

I'm from Gary and I've seen where they're gonna build it.
They're gonna have to tear alot of stuff down.
I'm excited!

people of Gary are amazing God bless them , i wish the memorial was there , they deserve every penny not the vultures of LA.

No doubts about it, such a park would do wonders to Gary's disastrous economical situation. If they get the Estates' permission to use the name ''Michael Jackson'' I say go for it.

This is a mess, Michael didn't love Gary, he spent more time in Ireland in the last decade of his life than Gary. He left Gary when he was a kid and rarely went back. This is just another money making idea by Joe. If something like this goes does ahead it has to happen in Neverland or LA at the least. Somewhere near an international Airport hub that attracts tourists from all around the world. The Gary theme park will be a failure, i hope the Jackson estate don't get involved in this.

This is a mess, Michael didn't love Gary, he spent more time in Ireland in the last decade of his life than Gary. He left Gary when he was a kid and rarely went back. This is just another money making idea by Joe. If something like this goes does ahead it has to happen in Neverland or LA at the least. Somewhere near an international Airport hub that attracts tourists from all around the world. The Gary theme park will be a failure, i hope the Jackson estate don't get involved in this.

That I agree with this is a Joe Jackson project and most likely won't come to fruition. A themepark or any thing of that nature has to be built in California. I doubt the estate's gonna go for it.

Last edited:
That I agree with this is a Joe Jackson project and most likely won't come to fruition. A themepark or any thing of that nature has to be built in California. I doubt the estate's gonna go for it. lol

Joe has formed the jackson family foundation, the crest even has a crown on it, it's all very sickening. I am afraid that if they get planning permission and ground is broke then this might prevent any other projects from taking place. I still dream that Neverland will be opened but if this goes ahead then financiers will argue that there isn't the demand for two theme parks.

First of all, who the heck is going to be PAYING for this project?

An undertaking such as this will need a whole lot of money. Where exactly will it be coming from?

The next hurdle will be asking the estate for some of Michael's belongs for the musuem. If this project is not 100% in all aspects, the estate will not want to be involved.

But back to the first step, who is paying for the "project?"

Well, I dunno, at first I agreed with you, but I dunno,....'cause Graceland...Tennessee, and that seems to work for them, LoL. =P

If it's true and all works out - MJJC roadtrip for the Grand Opening? :)

Well, I dunno, at first I agreed with you, but I dunno,....'cause Graceland...Tennessee, and that seems to work for them, LoL. =P

If it's true and all works out - MJJC roadtrip for the Grand Opening? :)

This is true but Memphis was his home, Gary hasn't been a home for Michael for some time, plus memphis has the lorraine motel, Beale street and sun studios. It is also not too far away from Nashville which is the home of country music and RCA and many of Elvis' fans grew up in an era where country music was the most popular genre. Gary means nothing to his fans, Neverland is our mecca.

Back