Future Blu-Ray, IF Film Reels Are ever Found

I think there are more pro-shot MJ gigs on film than people realise. I think there are several from the Bad Tour, including one or two of the Wembley gigs and a few others. If you look at Jam and Black or White from Wembley on the Dangerous tour that concert was also shot to film because there are multiple camera angles, shots of the crowds etc.

We know the estate has some of the film reels from these gigs, because they've said so and you can see the quality of the footage from APOM on the Bad 25 doc. The problem is, do the estate have the multitrack audio recordings for the concerts they have on film? Because if they don't then you can't really release those concerts with poor quality audio.

I think there are more pro-shot MJ gigs on film than people realise. I think there are several from the Bad Tour, including one or two of the Wembley gigs and a few others. If you look at Jam and Black or White from Wembley on the Dangerous tour that concert was also shot to film because there are multiple camera angles, shots of the crowds etc.

We know the estate has some of the film reels from these gigs, because they've said so and you can see the quality of the footage from APOM on the Bad 25 doc. The problem is, do the estate have the multitrack audio recordings for the concerts they have on film? Because if they don't then you can't really release those concerts with poor quality audio.
If they have them they should release them. It would be crazy not to release high quality Michael Jackson concerts that can be HD. I personally want to see them even if the audio is not multitrack. It doesn't have to be. I hope Estate listens.

If you look at Jam and Black or White from Wembley on the Dangerous tour that concert was also shot to film because there are multiple camera angles, shots of the crowds etc.

That is not really an indication. What more, that footage doesn't look like film. It looks like video - a beta like Bucharest which is HQ. But film just looks different from a video. I can't really explain that for others to understand. Also there is Wembley and Munich footage on the Bucharest DVD. It certainly looks like shot on video.

That is not really an indication. What more, that footage doesn't look like film. It looks like video - a beta like Bucharest which is HQ. But film just looks different from a video. I can't really explain that for others to understand. Also there is Wembley and Munich footage on the Bucharest DVD. It certainly looks like shot on video.

For me all MJ film footage seems to have a slightly blue tint.

1:17. Jam from 1993 in HQ, anyone know where from and what this could be shot on?

''the film'' then ''this tape'' which is it? LOL.

Human nature from Leeds UK 16th August 1992 the whole song The whole concert please

Last edited:
For me all MJ film footage seems to have a slightly blue tint.

Not film itself. They are just graded like that during editing. Best example is how drastic the difference is between Moonwalker DVD and Blu-Ray MITM sequence.

^ and then there is fans like you and I who dont really get the HD and film thing amd just want ANYTHING:p(sorry if you do know about it)

My brother works in Filming. When I showed him the Moonwalker BluRay, he confirmed that Thriller and all the Short Films from the Bad Album shown in the movie were shot on Film. (For Speed Demon, it's Animation, which can always be enhanced to any upgraded Technology.) Unfortunately, Beat It, Billie Jean, Rock With You etc....were not.

It is my opinion that every Short Film from Dangerous album onwards.....were also shot on Film.

And I genuinely believe the same for Bad, Dangerous & HIStory Tours. Of course, I would love to be proven wrong. But I doubt MJ would take a risk and not shoot all of this on Film.....

Last edited:
My brother works in Filming. When I showed him the Moonwalker BluRay, he confirmed that Thriller and all the Short Films from the Bad Album shown in the movie were shot on Film. (For Speed Demon, it's Animation, which can always be enhanced to any upgraded Technology.) Unfortunately, Beat It, Billie Jean, Rock With You etc....were not.

It is my opinion that every Short Film from Dangerous album onwards.....were also shot on Film.

And I genuinely believe the same for Bad, Dangerous & HIStory Tours. Of course, I would love to be proven wrong. But I doubt MJ would take a risk and not shoot all of this on Film.....
Not every show was shot on film. That is a fact. Even if it was, the estate does not have it ! We could spend months debating on what was on film but the real question is where is it now?

I heard that they were shot on Film but they were edited on tape. So if they would release them in HD they would have to edit them again from the film reels and make all the visual effects again. I'm not sure if that is right but that is what somebody said. Thriller and Bad era short film can be release in HD. I hope they we see the blu-ray someday.

The short films would have to get the Star Trek TNG treatment.
While most were shot on film, they were edited to/on tape, which means they would have to go back to the source to re-create it.
Looking at the estates track record of quality releases, I don't forsee this happening anytime soon.

But if anyone is curious of the process in terms of piecing together source material and recreating something for something like Blu Ray, watch this short making-of the Star Trek box sets (same process would need to be used to redo the short films).

(They also have been screening 2 episodes back to back every time another season is released in select theaters for 1 night only. I saw THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS PART 1 & 2 in theaters not too long ago :D )

Back