Future Blu-Ray, IF Film Reels Are ever Found

Zakk

Proud Member
IF the Film Reels were ever to be Discovered which shows would you desire to see in Full HD Blu-Ray & Cinema? :)

Any show from Bad Tour 2nd leg would be great. I would like to see both of these:

The first release should be this one:
vlcsnap-2012-12-19-13h23m18s3_zpsdbe9b06b.png

vlcsnap-2012-10-23-10h36m43s172_zpscddf92ab.png

I would do anything to see this concert in cinemas

Last edited:
Anybody want to buy me a blu-ray player? Am broke son.:scratch:

Anyhing really. They should release everything.

Any show from Bad Tour 1988
Any of the Dangerous Tour shows that include Bad and The Way You Make Me Feel in the setlist

BadTourHD discovered that Hamburg 1988 was shot on film, if they have it... would you like it to be released?

MSG March 3rd, Wembley July 14th 88' Dangerous Tour munich 1992, HISTORY Brunei 1996 :)

BadTourHD discovered that Hamburg 1988 was shot on film, if they have it... would you like it to be released?

I want every filmed concert to be released. I'm sure they have some film reels right now:

I want every filmed concert to be released. I'm sure they have some film reels right now:

IF they find the Film Reels for the Tours, personally I'd like to see them go in Queen's direction of releasing and have a Blu-Ray every 5 years and master tape show release for Wembley with 2CD's like Queen's Wembley 25th :D

IF they find the Film Reels for the Tours, personally I'd like to see them go in Queen's direction of releasing and have a Blu-Ray every 5 years and master tape show release for Wembley with 2CD's like Queen's Wembley 25th :D

Queen won't have any more blu-rays though. All full concerts on film they had are released by now.
This shouldn't be compared to Queen anyway. It is a different situation over there.

There will only be a BWT blu-ray at best. DWT and HWT weren't shot on HD media, apart from Munich 97.

Dangerous tour was. How much of it? That's another question.

How? We know the concerts are on Laser Disc, but film wouldn't have been used. It would've just been tape surely?

Not necessarily a lot was shot. I don't know the amount. But to say film wasn't used at all is untrue. Take a look at Black Or White Oviedo snippets from The One dvd. Also I've heard Bangkok was on film. How much of that true, can't say.

estate should keep searching and when theyve found everything that exists, they give us a list.

Not necessarily a lot was shot. I don't know the amount. But to say film wasn't used at all is untrue. Take a look at Black Or White Oviedo snippets from The One dvd. Also I've heard Bangkok was on film. How much of that true, can't say.

haha whats the capital of thailand? bangkok, hehe im dirty minded ;) ANYWAY.... i dont see why theyd only film this song if it was just purposed for Dangerous Diaries? could be.

can anyone spot any film cameras from this? Billie Jean, oviedo 1992 amateur footage.

Guys lets remember :
In terms of BAD Tour FILM. Only One - two Second Leg shows were recorded FULLY on Film. The APOM/MITM Footage were Just PROMO footage for Moonwalker and APOM music video. Other than that there is none. Maybe some First Leg shows but thats it.
Dangerous Tour : I have no idea what it was recorded on until someone mentioned laserdisk.. Watch the bucharest DVD it looks better than laserdisk so I'm not sure about that.
history tour; only munich was hd. rest were maybe vhs ?

Guys lets remember :
In terms of BAD Tour FILM. Only One - two Second Leg shows were recorded FULLY on Film. The APOM/MITM Footage were Just PROMO footage for Moonwalker and APOM music video. Other than that there is none. Maybe some First Leg shows but thats it.
Dangerous Tour : I have no idea what it was recorded on until someone mentioned laserdisk.. Watch the bucharest DVD it looks better than laserdisk so I'm not sure about that.
history tour; only munich was hd. rest were maybe vhs ?

master tape, copenhagen isnt vhs

@Rudolf - true, but some TV station cameras were there and this footage was shown in a documentary. I'm not sure if these were film or not.

Was ALL of HWT Munich filmed in HD? 70% of the camera angles are "standard" (ie. Nocturne Productions) while there are a extra camera angles and crowd shots. Was ALL of this in HD or just the extra camera angles?

Pretty sure most HWT masters were beta. Singapore Channel 5 has Manila and Copenhagen, but they sure like to do their own "restorations" which sucks IMO, like sloppily censoring out Scream and the stereo expansion makes every time MJ says "scene" sound compressed. Who knows they might have HWT Singapore.

I would like to see HWT Brunei as it seems to be the best performance overall, but sadly the stage theatrics are lacking; no Smooth Criminal curtain or cherry-picker, but MJ was on fire that night.

Wembley HWT was average, very good performances, but nothing special. Milan was energetic in BOTDF (there was another concert where he did this but I don't know where, there's photographs of him lying down but it's not Milan). I want to see Dublin (sickest Billie Jean, he goes crazy every 5 seconds), but he failed during BOTDF where he shakes his head and the playback is going on.

Sadly MJ Estate will likely go for Munich because it's a "master" with edited audio and all that, even though so many TV stations have tapes for other concerts. It's kinda cool to hear the "POW" of the audio and MJ having a lot of grit in his voice, but overall the performance was lacking.

I want to see Dangerous from Tokyo or Oviedo, they both have Slash in them.

I still want to see true July 16 Wembley with NO OTHER CONCERTS EDITED IN. I don't know where or what other concerts were edited in exactly (some people say Beat It was from another concert but I don't think this is the case as MJ had the silver mic/blackmic change in the amateur concert as well), but finding out the last 20 sec of Billie Jean was edited in (to fill damaged frames) disappointed me, and also makes me think I WANT TO SEE THAT CONCERT TOO (nothing against the Estate here, I just want a seemless experience).

Last edited:
Mexico City 1993

1:50 that looks like a film camera

Last edited:
Oviedo.

Anyway, this is just to notice that something of Dangerous tour was on film, not that it matters. It matters hardly lol, because I doubt we would see it anyway.

566168_506241656072720_560927164_n.jpg

the reason they probably didn't mention film is because they're probably saving them for later years to preserve the footage, we'll probably see everything ever recorded on his 100th birthday :D

Back