Fulham Football club to get statue of MJ

Colony Captial also pured a lot of money in Neverland. Neverland is now partially owned by Colony Capital, a venture capital company in California. So, it's Colony's money, does it mean Colony can do whatever it wants?

Yes it does.

KingMikeJ;3304673 said:
MAF can do whatever he wants, he has put about £200million into that club. Regardless of what anyone else thinks, it's his club, his friend and his money.

Sure he can. You're 100% right. He can do whatever he wants. But the fans are also important and in a way.....they also own the club. I'm sure Al Fayed will consider the fans reaction to this, he is a decent guy.

He can do whatever he wants, but that doesn't mean everyone has to shut up and like it. If they don't like it then they can speak out against it.

Sure he can. You're 100% right. He can do whatever he wants. But the fans are also important and in a way.....they also own the club. I'm sure Al Fayed will consider the fans reaction to this, he is a decent guy.

He can do whatever he wants, but that doesn't mean everyone has to shut up and like it. If they don't like it then they can speak out against it.

And so what if they insult Michael, right? I mean it's Michael's fault for being friends with MAF. If he wasn't friends with him this wouldn't have happened. So what if they call Michael a plastic rotting pedo, he brought it on himself by being friends with the owner of Fulham. [/sarcasm]

(Leaving now so don't expect a reply until about 18 hours)

And so what if they insult Michael, right? I mean it's Michael's fault for being friends with MAF. If he wasn't friends with him this wouldn't have happened. So what if they call Michael a plastic rotting pedo, he brought it on himself by being friends with the owner of Fulham. [/sarcasm]

I seeee, this is the point in the debate where you run out of points to make and start making it out as if I don't care that they are insulting Michael. Thus turning it into an arguement.

It annoys me that they have chosen to go this route, but it's important to not lose sight of what is right and wrong here. A statue of Michael shouldn't be being built there.

KingMikeJ;3304695[SIZE=1 said:
(Leaving now so don't expect a reply until about 18 hours)[/SIZE]
I'll set my alarm.

Beautiful gesture, but simply the wrong location. But you never know, Im sure if it gets vandalized enough it will be relocated. Theirs a lot of ignorant people in this world...

It doesn't have to go there. The fans opinions should be taken seriously and if they speak out against it and protest against it then they could probably succeed in preventing it from being made.

If they don't want the statue there then they will do whatever it takes to prevent it from happening. If that means threatening to deface the statue then i'm sure that is what they will do.

Just like when us fans don't like something being said against Michael, we speak out against it until it ends, and we have been successful. I think we should all appreciate why they feel this way and see it from their point of view.

So basically ur saying we should have no tribute in England at all? cos trust me, he won't be able to erect it anywhere else. Protesting is ultimately pointless in almost all cases, it really never changes anything. Just look at all those idiots camping outside parliament atm, and for what, nothing is gonna happen because of them. Ppl do what they like, when they like, regardless of what others think.

I'm happy the statue is going where it is, I don't mind if we piss off some football hooligans who hate MJ.

@BudzMJJ - I agree. I've been on the Fulham facebook page to see fans' reactions and almost all of them hate MJ and the idea of the statue and are planning to deface the statue with food, drink and by spitting and urinating.

Yeah, i think ppl are forgetting the amount of police that have to be at match days when these kind of idiots are likely to strike. Plus, do we really think this statue isn't going to be raised on a plinth and porbably fenced off. Plus, the hooligans ppl keep speaking of are not alund near the stadiums these days, let alone aloud to attend matches.

I'm an Arsenal fan!!! =)
But if this is what Fullham's ownar want and it can be done in a good way I guess it's not a big deal? Just worried who fans of the club will react to it.

So basically ur saying we should have no tribute in England at all? cos trust me, he won't be able to erect it anywhere else. Protesting is ultimately pointless in almost all cases, it really never changes anything. Just look at all those idiots camping outside parliament atm, and for what, nothing is gonna happen because of them. Ppl do what they like, when they like, regardless of what others think.

We have protested a lot of things and stopped them from happening.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be a tribute, of course there should be. I'm sure eventually he could sort something out in terms of a location for the statue.

i really dont get what effect it has on fans if they don't care about michael. i'm a liverpool fan and if they decided to put an elvis (who i don't really care too much about) outside, i'd be like "what the hell?"...and then I'D GET OVER IT. who cares? it doesn't change the way the club plays football
it doesnt stop the fan's from coming to the games
it hardly causes any expense problems...
its a beautiful gesture to every mj fan out there and you should either love it or not care. i don't understands why it should b trouble to anyone..

The question of whether we get abuse doesn't bother me. I'm used to it, I remember the abuse I got in Southampton high street when I walked down there during the trial with an MJ shirt on. I don't care about insults.

The question of whether we get abuse doesn't bother me. I'm used to it, I remember the abuse I got in Southampton high street when I walked down there during the trial with an MJ shirt on. I don't care about insults.

I wish I was like you. When i hear people insulting Michael I fell the need to defend him and fight back, that's why I'll not be at the unveiling of this statue. I get so angry.

... Teach me. I need to learn to deflect the insults slung at me on a daily basis. There are people shouting things out for everyone to hear, pushing and shoving me, and spreading malicious rumours about me purely because I'm an MJ fan. I'm sick of it, but... Only a couple more months until I leave school...

If you had been wearing a Portsmouth shirt, the abuse would have been much worse LOL :D

... Teach me. I need to learn to deflect the insults slung at me on a daily basis. There are people shouting things out for everyone to hear, pushing and shoving me, and spreading malicious rumours about me purely because I'm an MJ fan. I'm sick of it, but... Only a couple more months until I leave school...

That's just school man. it gets, well, a little better, lol. Seriously, do u really care what these ppl think? Are u as ignorant as they are? Does their opinion matter to ur daily life? No. just think those things all the time, and get smart. I usually ignore them, but if they are total cunts who won't let me, i find that playing on their dumbness leaves em confussed enough for me to just walk away =) ppl are morons, pretty much all of em, so just use their own idiocy against them. The other upside to this is its fucking funny =D

Being from Southampton and supporting Southampton FC, I can second this :D :lol:

I went to the University of Southampton so lived in Southampton for four years and the first thing I got told when starting during Freshers week is 'no mention of Portsmouth!'

Just to let everyone know if you're thinking of attending please keep an eye on the other thread http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3316718#post3316718

Motsey has spoken to Fulham FC today both by phone and email and they have agreed to use him as a point of contact regarding this. There is a possibility that THE DATE MAY BE CHANGED (or not) so do keep an eye on the other thread and the facebook page http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=200851983268667

Also, Motsey has been contacted by a journalist to talk about the statue so any advice or if there is anything in particular people want saying? Positive things only though lol.

The King was a lover AND A GUNNER!

Diplomate, supporter of Arsenal ^^

what's wrong with the mj statue near football/soccer supporters?

well, as you must know, football supporters are not the most gentil persons... and as not almost people like MJ, alot of them are trouble makers and like to make fun of everything and of everyone... thats whats wrong, cause as you know MJ was an artist that was target of alot of people making fun of him... Football supporters are alot of times drunk and thinks like that, so they can make fun os the statue...

Blackpool boss Ian Holloway backs Fulham's plans to erect a statue of 'icon' Michael Jackson

By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 9:56 AM on 31st March 2011

Ian Holloway has thrown his weight behind Mohammed Al Fayed's controversial plans to erect a statue of Michael Jackson at Fulham’s Craven Cottage.

Hundreds of fans have signed a petition in protest and a demonstration is planned on Sunday when Fulham host Blackpool.

But Blackpool boss Holloway said: 'I can’t wait, because love or loathe him ***** is one of those iconic figures.

'I know some fans are grumbling about the statue but I think it is terrific.'

Holloway added: 'He was a very special bloke and one of a handful of people I am proud to have been on the planet at the same time as.

'The Beatles, Elvis, Muhammad Ali... they are the great figures of our age. David Beckham will be one day too. They are icons.

'I’ve got a model of Ali at home, back when he was Cassius Clay, in that famous pose over a prostrate Sonny Liston. It’s one of my most treasured possessions and if I could get one of Jackson, I would. In fact, when we go to Fulham I’ll take a little hacksaw, smuggle the statue on the team bus and take it home with me.

'Mind you, what if it does go missing now? They will be straight round to my house. It’s not me, Mr Fayed. I won’t nick it, honest!'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ect-Michael-Jackson-statue.html#ixzz1IBPmqjqz

Referee! Fulham football fans want planned statue of pop star Michael Jackson to be red carded

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 6:10 PM on 18th March 2011

Fulham football fans are crying foul over plans to unveil a statue of pop star Michael Jackson at their beloved club's Craven Cottage ground.
Colourful club owner Mohamed Fayed has said the 6ft-statue of his 'close friend' will be unveiled next month.
But while the decision has the backing of team manager Mark Hughes, many fans of the Premier League club are concerned they will become a 'laughing stock'.

The statue reportedly features the 'king of pop'- who died in 2009 - wearing what looks like underpants over his trousers, striking one of his 'iconic poses'.
Mr Fayed originally planned to place the statue at Harrods, but the Egyptian tycoon sold the store for £1.5billion last year.

According to the Evening Standard, Jackson will join Fulham Fifties footballing legend Johnny Haynes as the only two club 'figures' immortalised at the stadium.

Jackson's only known involvement with the club was in 1999 when Fayed invited him to watch the Second Division victory over Wigan,
Hundreds of fans have already signed a petition protesting against the statue and a demonstration is planned on the day of its unveiling on April 3, when Fulham take on Blackpool.

Fans complained that Mr Fayed was using Craven Cottage as a 'dumping ground for his weird statue', would make Fulham a 'laughing stock' and asked if the ground should be renamed Madame Tussauds.

Supporter Chris Blackhurst summed up the feeling of many in an Evening Standard commentary.
'Let's face it, we're only getting him because Fayed no longer owns Harrods and the new mob did not want to know,' Mr Blackhurst wrote.
'According to Fayed, "Michael Jackson was truly a legend". He was that alright. But not as a footballer. And not for Fulham.'
Mr Fayed has insisted that the statue, which has been placed on the Thames side of the ground between the Riverside and Hammersmith stands, was an appropriate tribute to the singer.

'He was my friend, a man with whom I shared many happy memories and who died a tragic and untimely death,' he said.
'I hope that many fans of his will visit the statue at the Cottage from far and wide.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Michael-Jackson-red-carded.html#ixzz1IBQDOKGM

To Much DRAMA _ Mr fayed was trying to honor his friend Michael
The petty fans on both sides have taken the joy out of it

Back