From the Destiny to the HIStory tour, what were all the songs that were rehearsed/considered but never performed?

What about one day in your life with Whitney 2001 MSG? Or am I recalling that incorrectly?

What about one day in your life with Whitney 2001 MSG? Or am I recalling that incorrectly?
You're right! But I don't remember if it was confirmed "One Day in Your Life" since the guy that had it only shared a photo iirc. But for sure a duet with her was planned.

It's not that deep, man. According to said claim, it was rehearsed by the band only for a few days, even before MJ joined them. It's clear neither track was not going anywhere.
Well, perhaps not that deep on the surface but in relation to the topic being discussed it’s pretty relevant, is it not? You know how these things can go; a song that was rumoured to have been rehearsed, or that was actually rehearsed gets embellished to; Michael performed it for one show.

Also, if Michael did actually rehearse or do a quick vocal run through of Speed Demon and/or Liberian Girl then that’s pretty important and significant for hardcore fans. I mean, if there’s a rehearsal tape which includes those songs then that’s a holy grail for me personally. And for a lot of fans.

Well, perhaps not that deep on the surface but in relation to the topic being discussed it’s pretty relevant, is it not? You know how these things can go; a song that was rumoured to have been rehearsed, or that was actually rehearsed gets embellished to; Michael performed it for one show.

Also, if Michael did actually rehearse or do a quick vocal run through of Speed Demon and/or Liberian Girl then that’s pretty important and significant for hardcore fans. I mean, if there’s a rehearsal tape which includes those songs then that’s a holy grail for me personally. And for a lot of fans.
MJ didn't. The songs were rehearsed by the band only according to Chris. That's why I said it's not that deep. MJ dropped them almost instantly upon arrival it seems.

As we all saw in This is It, the band rehearsed nearly every song - mostly as a "just in case". They need to be prepared,so it's not a surprise

I'd imagine in band rehearsals they did a lot of songs.

So “the band” possibly rehearsed them? Plausible I guess. I actually listened to his interview (possibly on the MJ cast, I can’t remember either).

The thing is, is that band members aren’t necessarily always right either. But I’d definitely give Chris Crurell the benefit of the doubt.
"We arrived in Pensacola and we were to stay at a brand new hotel on the beach. The hotel was so new it was not even officially open yet. The sandy beach was quite interesting because it consisted of all black sand.

We spent the time rehearsing the new songs and going over details. Michael was to join us in about a week but he did not show up. The band had the songs rehearsed well. We had some time to kill so we rehearsed Speed Demon. It sounded great! We hoped Michael would like it and want to perform it.

Management gave us a few days off but as luck would have it, I got very sick. I stayed in bed the entire few days! I could not even eat!

I was very weak when we started to rehearse again. Then it was announced that Michael had arrived and was coming to the Civic Center so we decided to play some of the new material when he got there. Michael entered the Civic Center with Mary Hart from Entertainment Tonight in-between two rows of lots of police in uniform and TV cameras…what an entrance! We played the music while Mary Hart interviewed Michael.

Later that day, in a private meeting in his dressing room, Michael told me that the song The Way You Make Me Feel sounded great and that Smooth Criminal was better than the album and that we needed to record it again! He also liked Speed Demon but in spite of my positive pitch to perform it, Michael said no because he didn’t have any choreography to go along with it. Too bad…
"

Synclavier, Music and Michael Jackson - Part 4
June 30, 2015

Source: https://headphone.guru/the-event-horizon-synclavier-music-and-michael-jackson-part-4/

"We arrived in Pensacola and we were to stay at a brand new hotel on the beach. The hotel was so new it was not even officially open yet. The sandy beach was quite interesting because it consisted of all black sand.

We spent the time rehearsing the new songs and going over details. Michael was to join us in about a week but he did not show up. The band had the songs rehearsed well. We had some time to kill so we rehearsed Speed Demon. It sounded great! We hoped Michael would like it and want to perform it.

Management gave us a few days off but as luck would have it, I got very sick. I stayed in bed the entire few days! I could not even eat!

I was very weak when we started to rehearse again. Then it was announced that Michael had arrived and was coming to the Civic Center so we decided to play some of the new material when he got there. Michael entered the Civic Center with Mary Hart from Entertainment Tonight in-between two rows of lots of police in uniform and TV cameras…what an entrance! We played the music while Mary Hart interviewed Michael.

Later that day, in a private meeting in his dressing room, Michael told me that the song The Way You Make Me Feel sounded great and that Smooth Criminal was better than the album and that we needed to record it again! He also liked Speed Demon but in spite of my positive pitch to perform it, Michael said no because he didn’t have any choreography to go along with it. Too bad…
"

Synclavier, Music and Michael Jackson - Part 4
June 30, 2015

Source: https://headphone.guru/the-event-horizon-synclavier-music-and-michael-jackson-part-4/
I’d love to hear the band rehearsal of it! Would have been amazing if MJ had performed it even for one or two shows and just freestyle‘d it. Just him strutting around the stage throwing shapes and kicks would have been enough.

Not that I have any complaints about the Bad Tour 88 setlist.

From what I remember off the top of my head

30th Anniversary Celebration:
- Heartbreak Hotel (2001 - Completely rehearsed a few nights prior to the show)
- Thriller (2001 - Confirmed via its outfit being shown off)
- One Day In Your Life w/Whitney Houston (2001 - Footage exists)

Sources for any of these? That's all I care about.

Sources for any of these? That's all I care about.
Heartbreak Hotel: I recall being mentioned on an Instragram post showing rare images of their rehearsals. I no longer have the source.
Thriller: It was Michael Bush's book? Don't remember what his name was.
One Day In Your Life w/Whitney Houston: Video above was the original source.

State of Shock was on an early HIStory Tour setlist.
Surprising, as State of Shock was never performed on the Victory Tour, and Michael’s previous solo tours, but somehow it was considered for the History Tour. Makes no sense tbh.

Back