Frank DiLeo sued again

mjdatabank

Proud Member
Apparently he played Colonel Parker-style last year when he "came back" into Michael's life:

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/08/michael-jacksons-former-manager-sued-over-concert-fee

Sued Over Concert FeeMichael Jackson's Former Manager Sued Over Concert Fee
Posted on Aug 25, 2010 @ 09:30AM

Concert promoter Citadel Limited Tuesday has sued Michael Jackson's former manager Frank DiLeo, RadarOnline.com has learned, on accusations the King of Pop's manager kept $300,000 the company paid as a fee for performances the late entertainer was slated to make in Trinidad and Tobago months after his June 2009 death.

Read The Documents:

DiLeo and a number of associates are named in the suit, which was filed in Los Angeles on August 24. Citadel Limited claims that DiLeo or his associates, personally accepted the fees, which Citadel Limited paid via wire from April 2009 through June 2009.

Sadly, Michael Jackson died weeks later on June 25, 2009 after suffering a sudden cardiac arrest in Los Angeles.

According to Citadel Limited, the contract stated: "If there is a cancellation due to any circumstances that are beyond the control of the Artist, Company, or Purchaser, a make-up date will be discussed for the canceled events or full refund will be issued if acceptable date is not agreed upon."

Citadel Limited said that DiLeo has "refused, and continue to refuse" to repay the $300,000.

Stay with RadarOnline.com for more updates on this story as it happens.

So Michael was supposed to perform in Trinidad and Tobago too?...when?...and did he know this?...So confused.

seems like people were determined to run Michael into the ground performing. it seems there was no way out for him.

I read the documents. It was just for "a musical event" in the fourth quarter in 2009.
With this wording it might even be for a one song performance at a award show etc. Even if it was a concert it was only one concert.

I read the documents. It was just for "a musical event" in the fourth quarter in 2009.
With this wording it might even be for a one song performance at a award show etc. Even if it was a concert it was only one concert.

it's never just 'one' more concert with MJ's 'handlers'. it's one more concert added to three years of concerts. others were going to pile dallas texas on him, and others were gunna try for vegas. so we're talking 'one' more concert, many many many many times. if anything, the assertion of 'colonel parker' is correct. there were many colonel parkers, just waiting to pounce on MJ. known and unknown.

I wonder if Michael even knew about this. At least Michael's estate isn't being sued since it doesn't look like he agreed to this, Frank seems shady sometimes.

they promised michael's presence at amusical event, meaning michael performing at least one song I think.
I really doubt michael was aware of this: firtsly because he was cutt off from everyone by randy philips, and also because he would have not signed for such a project given that he was already reluctant to go through that stupid this is it project.

michael had people with agenda around him: tohme, di leo, philips.

even sony was cutt off, they had to buy tickets from aeg to distribute them to the press and giveaways.

I am from Caribbean and remember quite clearly that word was spreading about Michael performing in Tobago. People were actually booking airline tickets! I was getting calls on a daily basis, asking me if it was true - everyone if I said it was true, then it must be true (LOL).

It makes me wonder how many other times Mr Dileo made authorised or unauthorised promises on Michael' behalf ...

And I can't help thinking about how Michael was a cash cow for so many. All the talk about him being washed-up and irrelevant was stupid and pointless because PEOPLE WERE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR WAYS TO MAKE MONEY OFF THIS MAN!!!!!!

What is with all the unauthorized comments? Actually, we don't know what DiLeo was authorized to do or not to do. Allgood's lawsuit is of no value to prove an unauthorized dealings because the judge clearly saw that DiLeo was not making any promises or deals that he wasn't authorized to make. If his business involves trying to get certain people to perform, then that was his business. He clearly, based on the judge's verdict, did not make any commitments about Michael performing. People may have tried to act as such but that doesn't make it the case. As a matter of fact, he removed any language implying that he had authority to speak or sign for Michael.

Why do people continue to act as if Michael was some space cadet unable to decide who worked for him and how to remedy a situation if someone put him in a position that he didn't want to be in. For all this "control" talk, when Michael got fed up with someone, he got rid of them. Look at the list of people who are former employess. When Michael wanted someone around, he hired them. He proved this when Bain was fired unbeknownst to him. He turned around and told her to get back to work for him. People buy into this idea of Michael not being in control. He may have given authority to others to act for him at times but when it was what he wanted to be involved in, it appeared that he was.

I don't see any evidence that Frank DiLeo is shady. He was completely vindicated in the Allgood Entertainment lawsuit--the Judge threw the case out. I think the same will be true here.

The reason, I believe, they are going after Frank is because they don't want to sue the Estate, knowing it will be denied immediately. They are hoping Frank settles. Frank must be incurring big legal fees for these frivolous lawsuits. It's not right.

What is with all the unauthorized comments? Actually, we don't know what DiLeo was authorized to do or not to do. Allgood's lawsuit is of no value to prove an unauthorized dealings because the judge clearly saw that DiLeo was not making any promises or deals that he wasn't authorized to make. If his business involves trying to get certain people to perform, then that was his business. He clearly, based on the judge's verdict, did not make any commitments about Michael performing. People may have tried to act as such but that doesn't make it the case. As a matter of fact, he removed any language implying that he had authority to speak or sign for Michael.

Why do people continue to act as if Michael was some space cadet unable to decide who worked for him and how to remedy a situation if someone put him in a position that he didn't want to be in. For all this "control" talk, when Michael got fed up with someone, he got rid of them. Look at the list of people who are former employess. When Michael wanted someone around, he hired them. He proved this when Bain was fired unbeknownst to him. He turned around and told her to get back to work for him. People buy into this idea of Michael not being in control. He may have given authority to others to act for him at times but when it was what he wanted to be involved in, it appeared that he was.

agree.

as a manager it's reasonable that Frank will talk with people and get offers etc. We didn't expect Michael to handle all his business did we?

He could have talked this people and then went to Michael and said "hey they want you to perform at his event" and Michael could have said yes or no as he liked.

as they are only suing Frank and not the estate it's also obvious that this was just a preliminary discussions between the parties.

And from the AllGood case we have also learned that without Michael's signature all these talks, pre agreements etc weren't binding for Michael.

Last edited:

amen.

:clapping:

This should shut a few people up...or they'll just keep arguing their word is right :no:

Unfortunately it did appear to many people that MJ wasn't in control.
The example you give is a perfect example of that. Bain was fired without his knowledge and then he had to go in and re-hire her. In other words, somebody else fired her. Yes, he had a degree of control because he could re-hire her (after all she was his spokesperson), but if MJ was in complete control of his situation and had full awareness of what was going on, that would not have happened. Also, his finances were a mess because people weren't doing their jobs properly. Another sign that MJ wasn't controlling his empire properly. He couldn't be expected to do everything himself, but he should have been informed enough to know things weren't going right and get it sorted out efficiently. His troubles went on for years without any proper resolution. It's sad to say but I think in his latter years he was severely out of the loop and being taken advantage of by all kinds of crooks.

intresting. i guess we will never know if dileo was just making money without getting agreement from mj or not. intresting to see if this gets settled quickly and frank just forgot he had 300 k sitting in his bank!

As long as its not MJ's Estate being sued, I personally don't give a damn. This is Frank DiLeo's mess to deal with.

It makes us feel that several people in Michael's entourage would sign contracts o, his behalf without him beng aware of it.... we all know he did not want to tour anymore and go from one city to the other. I highly doubt he wanted to go to trinidad & tobago....

Oh come on guys, stop with the bullshit about Frank! Michael was and still is sued left and right, and the fact that this is happening to Dileo proves, well... nothing.

That was exactly what Frank was supposed to do (look for business opportunities and make money for MJ) and it proves he was doing his job well. He booked MJ for a Halloween NBC special, now we can see he was about to grant him a performance in Trinidad & Tobago - there were sure some wonderful things about to happen in Michael's career.
He's been nothing else but a good manager to MJ, who finally got over years of trouble.

Oh come on guys, stop with the bullshit about Frank! Michael was and still is sued left and right, and the fact that this is happening to Dileo proves, well... nothing.

That was exactly what Frank was supposed to do (look for business opportunities and make money for MJ) and it proves he was doing his job well. He booked MJ for a Halloween NBC special, now we can see he was about to grant him a performance in Trinidad & Tobago - there were sure some wonderful things about to happen in Michael's career.
He's been nothing else but a good manager to MJ, who finally got over years of trouble.

wow you are so sure about what you say.

we will see the outcome.

Michael didn't want to go in that direction. Michael wanted to make movies. So these people were just trying to squeeze him for all he was worth.

Michael didn't want to go in that direction. Michael wanted to make movies. So these people were just trying to squeeze him for all he was worth.

But Michael was working on new music; so he apparently wasn't ready to be focused on movies only. I think it was a transition time for Michael. There was no reason that he couldn't have done both.

Michael went for years without stepping on the stage for a series of concerts; there was nothing stopping him from continuing to say "no."

But Michael was working on new music; so he apparently wasn't ready to be focused on movies only. I think it was a transition time for Michael. There was no reason that he couldn't have done both.

Michael went for years without stepping on the stage for a series of concerts; there was nothing stopping him from continuing to say "no."

I agree with you. I think Michael was looking forward to "coming back" and doing what he loved, including new projects. If he wanted to decline the offers, he would have done so.

I don't think he trusted Thome (which is why he was fired) and once Frank was back, Micheal knew he could count on him, so he may have been mulling over multiple projects. IMO

I agree with you. I think Michael was looking forward to "coming back" and doing what he loved, including new projects. If he wanted to decline the offers, he would have done so.

I don't think he trusted Thome (which is why he was fired) and once Frank was back, Micheal knew he could count on him, so he may have been mulling over multiple projects. IMO

we would like to be sure he was aware of the projects. he had already agreed for 31 shows in London and 19 extra concerts were added without notice.

we are just asking for more details on that matter. we can have doubts given what happened in the last months/weeks of his life.

Frank DiLeo was an amazing manager for Michael in the 80s.The two of them were a team, some of Michael's best steps in his career happened because of this guy.Be more respectfull.You don't know what DiLeo had to do.As Michael agreed to 50 concert run, maybe Frank though if Michael can do 50 concerts!, no way he can't pull this performance.So I'm with Frank, he did his job.

MJ was going to give 50+ concerts (London and a possible tour), so a short performance here and there would have been more than likely. He would have performed a lot during the past year or so, and Frank was making sure Michael could do it the way he wanted. I don't see how this is forcing Michael Jackson and taking advantage of him, when he was clearly coming back to the music world.

AND he did discuss making movies with both Frank and Ortega, so these film projects were probably supposed to happen somewhere down the line. Michael could not afford to do them without reasserting his position in showbiz, and he was well aware of that. That's why he did what he did.

well, actually AEG lurred Michael with film projects.. that is HOW they convinced him to do the 50 dates in London. What is laughable is that AEG is not a film company (if so, please list the last 10 films produced by AEG).

It is my right to ask questions about this new case as we all know Michael did not want to tour the world again (a few dates here and there is like touring).

lots of question arise with this new case. I'm just waiting for the answers.

Back