Frank Cascio has place some Michael Jackson memorabilia on Juliens auction

It just seemed strange to me to think of the makeup as being a gift. It seems more like the kind of thing you might inadvertently leave behind if you've been visiting somone else's home or possibly a hotel.
It seems to me a bit like selling someone's toothbrush. Just very personal.

I agree, why would Frank want make up Michael wore specially to cover vitiligo and lupus? It doesn't seem to be a gift at all because it isn't hygienic to wear someone else's make up. He forgot it.

from Frank`s twitter

Frank Cascio?@fdcascio1m
I have never sold or given any of MJ's personal belongings to Juliens whom I have never met or spoken too!!!!

lot131726.jpg

can somebody follow up with Julien's regarding this?

Frank Cascio ?@fdcascio 1 min

This will be last last message on this Julian's auction. I did authenticate that letter. It was not for Julian' directly. But it is real.

.. Frank Cascio?@fdcascio28mThis will be last last message on this Julian's auction. I did authenticate that letter. It was not for Julian' directly. But it is real.

Ok so he authenticated these items with this letter, which were later placed in the auction, but he is not selling the items.

I agree That letter was worded kind of odd .
Looks like the compact was given to him at one time... but he he is just authenticating the Jacket along with it and doesn't state that the Jacket was ever given to him. This letter will always be part of the authentication on these items . If someone sells them again and again. Frank's letter will be attached authenticating them each time ... but that won't mean he is the one selling them.

^just a question, does anyone who has a authenticated MJ item have the right to sell them via juliens? and are there Always items up for sale??

^just a question, does anyone who has a authenticated MJ item have the right to sell them via juliens? and are there Always items up for sale??

Well, I'm thinking that if Michael gave it to Frank, he can do whatever he wants with it...although, I don't know why Michael would give him his makeup compact...

Ok so he authenticated these items with this letter, which were later placed in the auction, but he is not selling the items.

I agree That letter was worded kind of odd .
Looks like the compact was given to him at one time... but he he is just authenticating the Jacket along with it and doesn't state that the Jacket was ever given to him. This letter will always be part of the authentication on these items . If someone sells them again and again. Frank's letter will be attached authenticating them each time ... but that won't mean he is the one selling them.

i don't understand.

Paul McCartney's compact is on sale on the same auction than MJ's compact. Someone out there is collecting famous compacts and sells them together:)

Frank Cascio ?@fdcascio 1 min

This will be last last message on this Julian's auction. I did authenticate that letter. It was not for Julian' directly. But it is real.

That`s very odd. So Frank gives his gifts from Michael to other people and handed them out a letter for authencitate. Hard to believe and also in this case it is also clear in purpose of selling.

lot131739.jpg

Yes, provided that you have full 'legal title' to an item ( ie it legally belongs to you and was not stolen or obtained by other illegal means) you can sell anything you own. Provided you own it legally, it doesn't matter who or how, or where it came from. It could be gifted to you, purchased by you, won by you, or any other legal means of acquiring it. And yes, aside from ebay, and similar online sales which take place every day, there are many auctions where entertainment memorabilia can be bought and sold. Items from MJ can be found for sale in many of these auctions.

Last edited:
^but who authenticates it? Do these places whom autheticate items are experts or something? cant they be wrong for once?
maybe frank just took it you know, he liked it when he was just a little kid and thought hed give it back later.. :p

You know what I think when I read about Michael things for auction or sale?

That Michael was complaining about all the things that were always missing.

(I read it somewhere, he said it to someone...maybe someone can recall to whom he said it)

(I read it somewhere, he said it to someone...maybe someone can recall to whom he said it)

Do you mean a rap from This Time Around?

Even in my home I ain't safe as I should be
Things always missin'
Maybe it could be my friends

Do you mean a rap from This Time Around?

Even in my home I ain't safe as I should be
Things always missin'
Maybe it could be my friends

No, he said it to someone close to him. I'm certain of that. Can't remember who. But I didn't know he even used it in a song.

Thanks for this!

Paul McCartney's compact is on sale on the same auction than MJ's compact. Someone out there is collecting famous compacts and sells them together:)

to me, that looks like the idea of 'guilt by association'..something i never believed in. That's not necessarily proof that that's Michael's compact. There's the tendency to believe something, simply because it's said more than once.

You know what I think when I read about Michael things for auction or sale?

I remember I read that somewhere...I think I read it in one of his biographies. I forgot who the author is.

Back