For those of us who don,t have a blu ray player(idea)

How is this so unfair? It only makes sense that Blu-Ray will contain a few more perks than DVD, since companies are gradually moving towards blu-ray & hd technology. Blu-Ray discs store more memory than DVD's, and blu-ray players enhance the sound & picture of DVD's. There ya go. Viewers who want the best possible quality sound & picture will eventually break down and get blu-ray players, hd-tvs, and surround sound systems. Can't blame Sony for everything.
i understand what you are saying,yes when my dvd recorder eventually breaks down i will buy a blu ray player,but the majority of people i know of where i live do not have a blu ray player,so yes i think they are unfair,they should take into consideration that some die hard fans may not have a blu ray player,so cannot see the extra footage,so why not put the extra footage on a dvd maybe a 2 or 3 disc edition,i wouldn,t mind paying the extra bit of money for that.

its worth buying a bluray player.A standalone player costs less than £100.
You will still be able to watch all your favourite DVDs.
You wont regret it,i promise.

Oh I can play my dvds on the blue ray player? My mother told me that having a blue ray player won't be of benefit because I don't have a high definition TV. So can someone comment on that?

I read on youtube in a comment that there was a 2-disc DVD edition, is this true? And if so, whats on the Blu-ray that wouldn't be on that, I mean it is two disc's after all.

I read on youtube in a comment that there was a 2-disc DVD edition, is this true? And if so, whats on the Blu-ray that wouldn't be on that, I mean it is two disc's after all.
thats what i wanted to know too,because first not having a blu ray player ,i thought i,ll get the 2 disc edition,but then i think i read somewhere that not everything from the blu ray will be on the 2 disc edition,

I don't have a blu-ray player either. So I only preorder the dvd instead. But hearing how the blu ray version is going to have extra footage on it. I am going to get the blu ray version when it comes out. And just wait if I ever do get a blu ray player.

thats what i wanted to know too,because first not having a blu ray player ,i thought i,ll get the 2 disc edition,but then i think i read somewhere that not everything from the blu ray will be on the 2 disc edition,

Those Smooth Criminal and Thriller films won't be on it.

I can't understand what all the 'to do' is about!? Since the dawn of Blu-ray, films have been released in this format with more extra features than DVD's. This Is It is no different, its not some gumpy campaign by SONY so please, theres no need to start throwing accusations at them.

To end - Be happy that there is a DVD/Blu-Ray to buy in the first place!

yes it is coming out on dvd,i have a dvd recorder and player too like you,but the blu ray is going to have lots of extras on it,

I could be wrong, but I think there is going to be a special collectors dvd issued soon after the DVD, and it'll have all but a couple of the extras featured on the blu ray.

from what ive read bluray holds more footage (bigger disk space) so the 2 dvd set is no different. bluray holds the xtra/special footage. i guess ppl will just have to download the BR material

Oh I can play my dvds on the blue ray player? My mother told me that having a blue ray player won't be of benefit because I don't have a high definition TV. So can someone comment on that?

Well you wont see anything more clearly without a HDTV as far as I know but it's likely you will be getting a blu ray player eventually. They're gonna be phasing DVDs out the same way they did with VHS and betamax before that. Eventually they will phase out SD TVs the same way they did with black and white TVs. That's just the way it goes. You could wait until blu ray players go down in price but you might find a cheap one somewhere if you have a look.

I can't understand what all the 'to do' is about!? Since the dawn of Blu-ray, films have been released in this format with more extra features than DVD's. This Is It is no different, its not some gumpy campaign by SONY so please, theres no need to start throwing accusations at them.

To end - Be happy that there is a DVD/Blu-Ray to buy in the first place!
i,m entitled to be p off if i want with sony,that is how i feel.

and i didn,t hear anyone throwing accusations at them,saying they are unfair as i did is not throwing accusations,
don,t turn my thread into an argument please,

on another note,
a friend told me this morning hmv were doing a deal logik blu ray players for £49.99
i rang 3 stores and they have all sold out,
what a stinker.

a dvd has max capasity of approx 8,5gb......a blu-ray disc can have up to 50gb for each disc.

Blu ray is a HD disc, same size as a dvd disc but it requires a blu ray player.
The blu ray version of This Is It has extra footage that the dvd doesn't.
And thats what makes me mad.
Can a sister w/o a BR get some extra's! please? Dang!
The DVD does have extra footage. Just not as much.
The Blu-Ray has the Smooth Criminal and Thriller vignettes and the
making of the Smooth Criminal vignette. The DVD doesn't have those particular features.
Some is better than none for someone like me. I cant afford a BR player.
Just get the DVD, then download the extra footage from the Blu Ray online.
Is it really that simple. :dont_mention_it:
i understand what you are saying,yes when my dvd recorder eventually breaks down i will buy a blu ray player,but the majority of people i know of where i live do not have a blu ray player,so yes i think they are unfair,they should take into consideration that some die hard fans may not have a blu ray player,so cannot see the extra footage,so why not put the extra footage on a dvd maybe a 2 or 3 disc edition,i wouldn,t mind paying the extra bit of money for that.
Agree. I've been ranting about this from the very beginning.

I had no intention of even buying a blu-ray player until now... I wanna see the extra footage sooo bad! ugghhh why can't they just put everything on the DVD also?! or like someone said have a 2 or 3 disc DVD set for those who don't have blu-ray... this is not cool.

Sony should offer it as a digital download in 1080p.

I have a blueray version of ratatouille that i downloaded,and can connect my laptop up to the tv and watch it in full hd :)

There is a blueray rip kicking about of this is it,but linking to its against the rules.

correct. you will need a HDTV too

if you went to the shops today for a new tv, you can only buy HDTVS as older models have slowly been phased out.
similarly blurays will eventually replace DVDs

so if you can as funds allow
1)purchase a HDTV
2)purchase a PS3 or bluray player
3) any new film you want dont buy the DVD buy the bluray
you can still watch all your favourite DVDs on the bluray
in general the PQ and sound quality will be better on the bluray than on the DVD.

hope this helps

this is it is doing brilliant sales on BluRay so im hoping more MJ stuff gets released inhi definition

Back