For those of us who don,t have a blu ray player(idea)

man.in.the.mirror

Proud Member
I AM SO EXCITED WAITING FOR THE RELEASE OF THE THIS IS IT,BUT SEEING ALL THE FOOTAGE THAT IS GOING TO BE ON THE BLU RAY MADE ME SAD,BUT I THOUGHT TO MYSELF,WELL I,LL BUY THE BLU RAY ANYWAY AND ALSO THE DVD,MAYBE I CAN PLAY THE BLU RAY ON MY LAPTOP,
BUT WE ALL KNOW THAT IT,S NOT THE SAME WATCHING ON YOUR LAPTOP,IT,S MUCH NICER TO SEE IT ON THE TELEVISON ,SO I TYPED INTO GOOGLE ABOUT CONNECTING A LAPTOP TO A HDTV AND I FOUND THIS PAGE http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-connect-your-laptoppccomputer-to-your-tv/

THERE IS SOME GOOD INFORMATION ON THERE,AND IT SEEMS CHEAP ENOUGTH AND EASY ENOUGH,I JUST HAVE TO FIND OUT IF MY LAPTOP WILL PLAY BLU RAY,DON,T KNOW IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THIS,
BUT IT,S JUST AN IDEA I CAME UP WITH,FOR THOSE OF US WHO DON,T HAVE A BLU RAY PLAYER AND DON,T INTEND TO BUY ONE,

If your laptop has a blu ray-dvd drive and a connection for HDMI then you will be able to play the DVD and watch it on your tv screen since the laptop will be connected to it!

If it hasn,t can i download a blu ray driver?i have nero on my computer and i am sure it said somewhere on there about blu ray,

Well that just sucks then,i hate sony.thanks,my laptop plays dvds i just thought you had to download a blu ray driver,

DO YOU KNOW WHAT ,SONY DESRVES TO HAVE PEOPLE DOWLOADING THIS ILLEAGALLY THE WAY THEY HAVE RIPPED US FANS OFF,NOW THEY EXPECT US TO GO OUT AND BUY A BLU RAY DVD PLAYER ,WHICH I PERSONALLY CANNOT AFFORD BESIDE THE DVD RECORDER I HAVE IS NEW,

I,M SO FED UP RIGHT NOW,

Last edited:
Isn't TII coming out in DVD or blue ray? I have a dvd player so we should be able to see it if it comes out on dvd. I'm not really sure what a blue ray is.

A ps3 will play blu ray. I think the newer macs do too. Do you have access to either of them?

Isn't TII coming out in DVD or blue ray? I have a dvd player so we should be able to see it if it comes out on dvd. I'm not really sure what a blue ray is.

Blu ray is a HD disc, same size as a dvd disc but it requires a blu ray player. The blu ray version of This Is It has extra footage that the dvd doesn't.

yes it is coming out on dvd,i have a dvd recorder and player too like you,but the blu ray is going to have lots of extras on it,

A ps3 will play blu ray. I think the newer macs do too. Do you have access to either of them?
no unfortunatly i don,t,my daughter has the wii console which will not play these,

but for anyone that does have a laptop that plays blu ray but doesn,t have a blu ray player ,who would like to be able to see it on a biggger screen,like your tv,the link in the first post is very usefull,i asked about it in my local pc world.unfortunatly not even my laptop plays blu ray,

i was looking on ebay last night at blu ray players and there were some quite cheap ones,
the reason i didn,t want to run out and buy one at full price,is because i not long ago bought a new dvd recorder which was over a £100

Last edited:

Blu ray is a HD disc, same size as a dvd disc but it requires a blu ray player. The blu ray version of This Is It has extra footage that the dvd doesn't.

So the DVD doesn't have the extra footage? Why would they put it on the blu ray only. If I would have known that I would have bough a blu ray player for $70. Now I can't remember where I saw it on sale. :(

Oh heck I'm just going to buy a blu ray player. Just talked to hubby about it.

Oh heck I'm just going to buy a blu ray player. Just talked to hubby about it.
i,m in the same boat as you,i havn,t had my new dvd recorder for that long,and to be honest i only need one to play the this is it blu ray,i,ll have to see if i can find a cheap one somewhere,the things we do for the love of michael,

i,m in the same boat as you,i havn,t had my new dvd recorder for that long,and to be honest i only need one to play the this is it blu ray,i,ll have to see if i can find a cheap one somewhere,the things we do for the love of michael,

I hope I can because I usually buy dvds, so yeah this would only be for TII. I always like the idea of a vcr in our room but we really don't have anywhere to put it, so I'll have to unhook the vcr so I can move the vcr/dvd player in our room. Thing is I love the vcr player only too much to sell it, lol.

So the DVD doesn't have the extra footage? Why would they put it on the blu ray only. If I would have known that I would have bough a blu ray player for $70. Now I can't remember where I saw it on sale. :(
The DVD does have extra footage. Just not as much.The Blu-Ray has the Smooth Criminal and Thriller vignettes and the making of the Smooth Criminal vignette. The DVD doesn't have those particular features.

Then a few years back when we didn't have the dvd player yet I ordered excercise tapes on VHS tapes. Problem is the tape I really like won't play on the vcr player that is connected to the dvd player, only on the vcr player(one without dvd player), which is the one we would just put away somewhere. I hate this. This really sucks! :(

The DVD does have extra footage. Just not as much.The Blu-Ray has the Smooth Criminal and Thriller vignettes and the making of the Smooth Criminal vignette. The DVD doesn't have those particular features.

Thank you.

I've been planning on getting a PS3 for a long time. So the TII Blu-Ray (plus the fact my PS2 only plays when and what it wants now) is forcing me to buy it a little earlier than planned. =]

which part is it then where michael is sitting at the table with kenny and he,s eating,will this be on the dvd?

HOw bogus. Why put aomething on one and not the other. Does Blue Ray have more capacity than the DVD?

it,s so unfair though ,i mean they could of if that is the case,blu ray holds more,have all the extra footage thats on the blu ray but sell it as 2-3-disc editions,i know it maybe a little more expensive,but it,s less expensive than going out to buy a blu ray player,

i know there is a 2 disc dvd edition,what has that got on it and what differences are there to the blu ray and the 2 disc editions.

This is just wondering, not a suggestion (as I'm not completely sure if it's legal or not but I think it is) but if you own the blu ray aren't you allowed to download a copy of what you own? So if you own a copy of the blu ray but have no blu ray player, you could download the extra features that you already own and watch it on a computer.

Note: It's not legal to buy the DVD and download the Blu ray extra features or download blu ray quality of the movie.

Please don't give out to me, just sayin' :lol:

wikianswers.com said:
As the owner of the DVD, you have taken ownership of that copyrighted material. That ownership gives you a few rights. You have the right to pass ownership on to someone else (by selling the DVD or giving it away for example). You also have the right to make a backup copy of the DVD.

Taken from:http://wiki.answers.com/Q/If_you_al...lity_copy_without_worrying_about_legal_issues

Last edited:
i have the same problem..i have a ps3 but my brother has it over in scotland at uni, and i really really want this is it on bluray disc, but have nothing to play it on!! :( SO UNFAIR!!! :(

i have the same problem..i have a ps3 but my brother has it over in scotland at uni, and i really really want this is it on bluray disc, but have nothing to play it on!! :( SO UNFAIR!!! :(
most definatly is,i mean if i knew the blu ray was going to have all the extra footage,i would have bought a blu ray player before i bought my dvd recorder,but it,s to late now,i can,t take it back had it to long now,and i can,t see my husband wanting us to buy a blu ray player just so i can see the extras,thats why i started this thread,thought it was a good idea playing the blu ray on the laptop and hooking it up to tv,but now i know i cant do that even because my laptop needs to have a blu ray driver,i,m so p....d off right now,and sony definatly does sucks.

Just get the DVD, then download the extra footage from the Blu Ray online.

its worth buying a bluray player.A standalone player costs less than £100.
You will still be able to watch all your favourite DVDs.
You wont regret it,i promise.

Just get the DVD, then download the extra footage from the Blu Ray online.
its probably what i,ll have to do,so you think it will be online?,
its worth buying a bluray player.A standalone player costs less than £100.
You will still be able to watch all your favourite DVDs.
You wont regret it,i promise.
i will look into this aswell,i just didn,t want to buy another player,when the one i have is practically new,but if i see one cheap enougth i may buy one,thanks

How is this so unfair? It only makes sense that Blu-Ray will contain a few more perks than DVD, since companies are gradually moving towards blu-ray & hd technology. Blu-Ray discs store more memory than DVD's, and blu-ray players enhance the sound & picture of DVD's. There ya go. Viewers who want the best possible quality sound & picture will eventually break down and get blu-ray players, hd-tvs, and surround sound systems. Can't blame Sony for everything.

So I can play all my dvd's in a blue ray player? Is that right? And when I do,the picture and sound quality will be much better? I have ordered the DVD and blue ray version, but I don't have the blue ray player, but thinking of buying one.

Back