For the New Yorkers, Kenny O & Travis at Union Square.

thank you guys for sharing pics and videos!!! looks like it was a very exciting event! I wish I was there...

by the way, I read Raffles' tweets earlier today, he seems really pissed off about the LA events. anyone was there? how was it?

Here's a video from the event if anyone's interested. Kenny and co talk about some amazing MJ memories :D

I don't understand what some fans have against Kenny or Travis. What's to hate them for? It doesn't really matter whether the two are "cashing in" or not. I don't even like using the term "cashing in". They deserve to be paid for the work they did on the film. Kenny and Travis are two people who are out there fighting the good fight and trying to keep Michael's legacy alive. They are helping us. How are we expected to succeed in fighting for MJ's name, legacy and reputation if we spend all our time attacking our own soldiers? Many of us fans don't have a platform to go out and talk to people about how wonderful of a person Michael was and what a great entertainer he was. Kenny and Travis have the advantage. People listen to them. Not once have they ever said a nasty thing about Michael. EVER. So what's the issue?

Fans are criticising them for releasing the footage, when fans were the ones who were putting the pressure on them to release it to begin with. I know all hell would have broken lose if AEG kept the rehearsal footage from us. You all know we'd be all here saying "What are they trying to hide?". Conspiracy theories would have been flying all over the place. There were so many things that were going around about what MJ was like at rehearsals. At least now we have the footage, and we can come to our own conclusions based on what we see with our own eyes. There were a lot of questions that needed answering, and TII answered many of those questions. If it weren't for the film, people would have still been going on about Michael being a wash-up has been, who could no longer sing and dance, and who was on the brink of destruction, spending 24/7 in bed popping pills. In addition to this, the movie stopped a lot of the leeches in their tracks. Rabbi Shmuley anyone? Remember this guy freaking out because the film showed Michael smiling and happy and trying to get his life back on track, after he published a book saying MJ was running his life off a cliff and totally lost all hope? The film exposed a lot of people as liars. It also forced people to take notice of Michael's genius and music and it made a lot of money for the estate and for Michael's children. It did a lot of good for us. Sometimes I wonder what side we are on.
Preach it.

And a big thank you to you guys for posting videos and pics of the event.

thank you guys for sharing pics and videos!!! looks like it was a very exciting event! I wish I was there...

by the way, I read Raffles' tweets earlier today, he seems really pissed off about the LA events. anyone was there? how was it?

yeah! i just checked his twitter.... Hmmm, anyone go to the LA event?

i mean, it wasn't THE most organized event in NYC either until around 11pm when KO, TP, and the dancers joined. But, the time we had with them trumps any disorganization IMHO. :yes:

Here's a video from the event if anyone's interested. Kenny and co talk about some amazing MJ memories :D

I don't understand what some fans have against Kenny or Travis. What's to hate them for? It doesn't really matter whether the two are "cashing in" or not. I don't even like using the term "cashing in". They deserve to be paid for the work they did on the film. Kenny and Travis are two people who are out there fighting the good fight and trying to keep Michael's legacy alive. They are helping us. How are we expected to succeed in fighting for MJ's name, legacy and reputation if we spend all our time attacking our own soldiers? Many of us fans don't have a platform to go out and talk to people about how wonderful of a person Michael was and what a great entertainer he was. Kenny and Travis have the advantage. People listen to them. Not once have they ever said a nasty thing about Michael. EVER. So what's the issue?

Fans are criticising them for releasing the footage, when fans were the ones who were putting the pressure on them to release it to begin with. I know all hell would have broken lose if AEG kept the rehearsal footage from us. You all know we'd be all here saying "What are they trying to hide?". Conspiracy theories would have been flying all over the place. There were so many things that were going around about what MJ was like at rehearsals. At least now we have the footage, and we can come to our own conclusions based on what we see with our own eyes. There were a lot of questions that needed answering, and TII answered many of those questions. If it weren't for the film, people would have still been going on about Michael being a wash-up has been, who could no longer sing and dance, and who was on the brink of destruction, spending 24/7 in bed popping pills. In addition to this, the movie stopped a lot of the leeches in their tracks. Rabbi Shmuley anyone? Remember this guy freaking out because the film showed Michael smiling and happy and trying to get his life back on track, after he published a book saying MJ was running his life off a cliff and totally lost all hope? The film exposed a lot of people as liars. It also forced people to take notice of Michael's genius and music and it made a lot of money for the estate and for Michael's children. It did a lot of good for us. Sometimes I wonder what side we are on.

Paisley, thank you for sharing your photos! I loved them! You are so lucky to get your TII signed by Travis and Kenny. :)

I 100% agree with your post above! I get tired at all the attacks on people who genuinely care about Michael and are out there spreading the L.O.V.E. about Michael.

Gonna watch your video now! Thanks for posting that also.

Just cause your words need quoting :clapping:
I really got so tired of that hatin' too.

I was at this event and it was absolutely amazing. To get to meet Travis, Kenny, and the dancers was such an honor and everyone that I hung out with that night, I made friends that I know I will have forever. The night was a night filled with happiness,unity, and love and I think Michael would have loved it. I hope he was watching from Heaven. I have a feeling he was. :)

It was an awesome night and I met some amazing people, I wish I could do it over again haha

It was an awesome night and I met some amazing people, I wish I could do it over again haha

I was at this event and it was absolutely amazing. To get to meet Travis, Kenny, and the dancers was such an honor and everyone that I hung out with that night, I made friends that I know I will have forever. The night was a night filled with happiness,unity, and love and I think Michael would have loved it. I hope he was watching from Heaven. I have a feeling he was. :)

Amen

it was beautiful, although I didnt get to stick around to actually meet Travis and Kenny (because I needed to catch my train) I met some awesome people.

Amen

it was beautiful, although I didnt get to stick around to actually meet Travis and Kenny (because I needed to catch my train) I met some awesome people.

My friend and I missed are us back home and wound up getting home at 4am xD. That was very unsafe of us, but it was worth it haha.

Thanks so much for your comments. It looks like it was such a special moment. I would love to meet those wonderful people too. Having the chance to meet real MJ fans is awesome!!!

My friend and I missed are us back home and wound up getting home at 4am xD. That was very unsafe of us, but it was worth it haha.

4am, oh my. I'm afraid I am not that adventurous! Where do you guys get the energy??? You must be young'ns, lol. But I'm glad the New Yorkers had a great time. :)

4am, oh my. I'm afraid I am not that adventurous! Where do you guys get the energy??? You must be young'ns, lol. But I'm glad the New Yorkers had a great time. :)

yeah 16 plenty of energy, plenty of stupidity and not thinking things through xD

pics,

22154_298096416423_551286423_461905.jpg

22154_298096386423_551286423_461904.jpg

Last edited:
yeah 16 plenty of energy, plenty of stupidity and not thinking things through xD

pics,

Haha, that's great. I wish I were more like that. I think things through too much and am too tired to go anywhere after work (that's what kept me from going to Michael's CD signing back in 2001).

Very cute pics!

Cool :D Thanks for the pictures and the youtube links. I'll watch them later.

I loved TII, I think it finally showed Michael "the artist" to the world. Since all the interviews he had to give always focused on the irrelevant things from MJ's art and on tabloid rumours. This Is It gave many a chance to see who Michael really was and a lot of new MJ fans were born from watching it.

I can't understand why people blame Kenny and Travis for Michael's death. They had worked with Michael for years, they knew him they were his friend.
Surely it was hard work and Michael gave everything he had but he did it from free will, he did it for us and for his kids. He wanted to show the world that he still got it.And I believe in Michael. I will never stop believing in him. I know he could have done those concerts.

What if KO had told that yes he has 100hours of footage of Michael rehearsing with the team but he's not gonna publish it? I think that would have been wrong. I bet then some fans would have been crying saying that KO is hidind something important from us. And that fans have the right to see what MJ had been planning for us.
Kenny got a lot of fame and lot of money from TII but that's the industry for ya. There is no bad publicity. Hate the game not the player like they say.

woooohhoooo. COULDN'T OF SAID IT BETTER MYSELF. I LOVE TRAVIS AND KENNY 4 EVA

The thing to me is if Kenny, Travis, Sony, whoever were not promoting TII, then there would be outcries saying TII was not receiving enough or proper promotion. Sometimes it's a no win situation, damned if they do, damned if they don't, such is the fan world of Michael Jackson.

That's so true. I'm happy Kenny and everyone else is promoting TII as much as they can and therefore keeping Michael's name and legacy alive.

Back