FOR AUSTRALIANS: "Michael Jackson: What Really Happened" Channel Nine

Petarkco

Proud Member
Michael Jackson: What Really Happened is on at 9:30pm (after RPA) tonight on Channel Nine.

"With the world still in disbelief at the death of Michael Jackson, tonight Richard Wilkins hosts a special presentation that focuses on the controversy that plagued his life."

I wonder if this is going to be positive? After the KOP special it might be.

Nope this is not positive. This is THE MOST NEGATIVE documentary there has ever been on MJ. DO NOT WATCH!!!

Not watching it... Saw the ad, and I've concluded that it's most probably negative...

focusing on the "controversy" heck, i thought channel 9 was doing okay. now they've just gone down the gutter.

never liked 7 and 9 and never will.

I don't like the way any of the Australian media are handling this to be honest.

The Australian media have been the WORST! I am so angry that they would air this CRAP just after his death! They do it on purpose, why not air the good docs? I hope to god no one watches it! Im so angry right now... This is the last thing us grieving fans want.

Actually my mum and i were talking with this hairdresser guy today and he was saying how disgusted he was bout this.

Anything for $$$. I just hope the general public don't fall for this crap and believe the lies! Hopefully channel 10 and 7 have high rating shows so no one watches channel 9 tonight!!! Plus its on a little later (better than 7:30 or something), people do need to go to work the next day. Just trying to find ways in hoping not many people will watch it... I've looked it up and its real BAD, the worst doc ever!

They will properly fall this crap tink..when it comes to mike , they always do!

Anything for $$$. I just hope the general public don't fall for this crap and believe the lies! Hopefully channel 10 and 7 have high rating shows so no one watches channel 9 tonight!!! Plus its on a little later (better than 7:30 or something), people do need to go to work the next day. Just trying to find ways in hoping not many people will watch it... I've looked it up and its real BAD, the worst doc ever!

You know they will.
They'll fall for it - HARD. As usual.

You know it really makes me sick cause when other people die, they only ever show great docs etc. They NEVER present them in a bad light! But when Michael Jackson dies the media still don't give a f**k about being so damm rude! The world loves Michael, we can see the outpouring of grief all over the globe like never seen before! The media were good for 2 days, I knew it wouldn't last. I really feel for poor Michael, how he had to live through this pain, I'm so glad he doesn't have to hear this crap anymore and that he is at peace with the angels and God.

The 'Story of Michael Jackson' one was absolutely fine. It was great, actually.
Butthis one looks like it's gonna stink.
You know the people working at the channels aren't nit-picky about how credible or respectful a documentary is. They're all excited right now, airing every MJ doc they can get their hands on.

And how can this "Richard" (asshole) be "hosting" it if its a (british tabloid, bias B.S) doc? What did it show on the commerical?

Wow we have not handled this well.
Plus, if i see Richard Wilkins or Karl Stefanovic making dumb jokes about M i will go nuts.
At least Molly Meldrum had a slight degree of respect.
Doesn't matter much anyway- IMO Australian media is awful and i think the Herald Sun has become utter trash.

Channel 10 and 7 are both crap as well.

I can predict what they're going to say..

"He was a sweet innocent boy, then he bleached his skin, plastic surgery blah blah blah"

I'll pass thank you.

The Australian media has been disgusting. The mistakes that have been reporting and the lies that have been spread. You can just see every single one of them trying to make money out of it.

I also can't believe that there have been no tribute magazine. Usually when someone dies they have a mag devoted to them. Or Mike has is a bunch of gossip mags talking about all the lies.

The Australian media has been disgusting. The mistakes that have been reporting and the lies that have been spread. You can just see every single one of them trying to make money out of it.

I also can't believe that there have been no tribute magazine. Usually when someone dies they have a mag devoted to them. Or Mike has is a bunch of gossip mags talking about all the lies.

That's exactly why I haven't watched a single news report since he passed away. I turned the TV on as soon as I heard the news and within 10 seconds they were calling him "w****"... this was hours after his death.

They can have their little circus, but I'm not going to be a part of it.

yeah i agree. i watched the first day and I have not turned it on since. i can only imagine that it has got worse as time went on.

On channel 10 OMG there is ANOTHER MJ doc called "Picking up the pieces". What the hell is this about now? :(

Found this on what will air on channel 10 tonight:

Michael Jackson: Picking Up the Pieces

48 Hours Examines the Mystery Surrounding the Pop Star's Death and the Many Questions that Remain

• image5117138g.jpg
    Photo
  • (CBS) With the sudden passing of Michael Jackson last week, millions of people around the world are paying their respects to the King of Pop, yet the circumstances surrounding his death remain a mystery and raise even more questions about his life.

CBS News takes a look at both his legacy and the investigation into his death as part of the "48 Hours" special, "Michael Jackson: Picking Up the Pieces," anchored by Katie Couric on Tuesday, June 30 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.

With the probe under way, many are awaiting answers as to just what happened when Jackson collapsed, amid speculation about his use of prescription pain killers. The broadcast will take a look at Dr. Conrad Murray, the physician who reportedly found Jackson not breathing, shortly before the singer’s death.

While Jackson’s music has brought joy to so many, his life was riddled with controversy. "Michael Jackson: Picking Up the Pieces," will step back and look at the man whose strained relationship with his family, poor body image and plastic surgery eventually eclipsed his talent. The broadcast will examine Jackson’s connection to the black community during his career as well as his legacy among musicians today and into the future.

In creating a pop-music dynasty, Jackson amassed a fortune, one that provided him a life of excess, eventually plunging him into debt. In the wake of his death, Jackson leaves behind an estate in financial upheaval, which will likely take years to untangle. And the fate of Jackson’s three children is also uncertain. The special will examine what lies ahead both financially and emotionally for those closest to him.

Despite all the questions that remain about who Michael Jackson really was, one thing is clear - his talent knew no boundaries and there has been no shortage of remembrances of his life and music. "Michael Jackson: Picking Up the Pieces,"will include the latest tributes - big and small - across the globe, including the memorable performances at the BET Awards, the more intimate gatherings of his fans and the memorial service taking place at the famed Apollo Theater.

© MMIX, CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/06/30/48hours/main5125802.shtml

Back