For 2011, would you like a "Michael" extended with 4 New Tracks ?

Sony has a 10 album deal. Obviously not all the songs we know about are gonna be in ONE album. Just be patient people. So no, I don't want them to do another version of "Michael". I am willing to wait for a new album.

Sony DO NOT have a 10 album deal, they have a 10 project deal. 4 have already been used, Michael included. There is 6 left to last until 2017.

TOTALLY NO!!!, i prefer a new album with more unreleased tracks as said before, or a Vision Bluray!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd prefer the 4 extra tracks to be added to the original album, or bonus tracks being released to the singles instead of having to buy the same album twice even if it is with extra songs....

What they could do.....since 2011 is the 10th anniversary of "Invincible", why not do a special anniversary edition for that, which would include a new set of unreleased tracks to go with the current 16 tracks...and actually promote it like Sony should have done in 2001?

I think that would be a great idea. Maybe a discussion thread could be made about it.

Sony DO NOT have a 10 album deal, they have a 10 project deal. 4 have already been used, Michael included. There is 6 left to last until 2017.

already 4?? i thought it was like 2 (Michael, Vision)....

MJ The Experience doesn't included cuz its ubisoft

I don't know about 4, but 3 for sure. TII album was included as a part of this deal.

1. This Is It album.

2. This Is It movie.

3. Vision Boxset.

4. MICHAEL Album.

The TII projects were included in the 10 project deal. In about a year, 4 of the projects have been used. That leaves 6 more until 2017. However, if Sony released Bad 25 and Bad Tour DVD/Blu ray as a boxset in 2012, it would count as one.

I'd prefer 10 new tracks rather than an extended record, although knowing Sony a deluxe edition will come out later.

really ? did any insider told you that ?

i'm very curious to know more !

perhaps we will have "do you know where your children are" and " a place with no name" in this new edition ...

any information ?

really ? did any insider told you that ?

i'm very curious to know more !

perhaps we will have "do you know where your children are" and " a place with no name" in this new edition ...

any information ?

No insiders told me that.

It's the way the market works - get people to rush out to buy the record first and then get them to get another version with some more songs and maybe a DVD. That's why I always wait with the bigger releases to see what they do in a month or two.

While not on Sony, Orianthi's album came out as Believe in 2009 then got a quick re-release as Believe II with six more tracks. Other albums I can remember:

Alice Cooper - Along Came A Spider (released 2008, re-release 2010 with three B-sides)
Slash - Slash (came out as regular edition in 2010, late 2010 re-released as deluxe with 14 new songs + DVD)

Look at all the Essential series on Legacy. All released as 2-discs with 29 - 39 tracks then get 3.0 releases with seven new songs and calling it 3.0.

Back