Flowers for Elizabeth Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess we just need to decide what we're getting for her then? We'd need an estimate on how much we could spend, so how much would you be willing to give if you're willing to donate?

^^^^^^^^^Fail of epic proportions.............

You forget that Liz Taylor is Michael's best friend...........

She helped always helped Michael when he was ill..................especially after the 1993 allegations when Michael could of died.......she was the first person to come to Michael's aid and look after him!!!!............

..............If this is all new to you...........I strongly suggest you look it up!!!!!!

So true.. how I wish she was healthy enough this time around to help him

Guys, I checked the hospital site and they have an online gift shop:

If someone you know is admitted to the Medical Center as an inpatient, you may order items from the Gift Shop to be personally delivered directly to his or her room.

here's the link: http://giftshop.csmc.edu/giftshop/index.jsp

I think it would be the best way to do it. This way we can be sure she'll definitely get them. what do you think?

Guys, I checked the hospital site and they have an online gift shop:

here's the link: http://giftshop.csmc.edu/giftshop/index.jsp

I think it would be the best way to do it. This way we can be sure she'll definitely get them. what do you think?

Yeah that sounds good, and they have some beautiful flowers too:

Zen Orchid $72.00
11ZenOrchid_rg.jpg

Whimsical Garden $62.50 (my favourite)
9WhimsicalGarden_rg.jpg

Zen Blooms $48.50
12ZenBlooms_rg.jpg

Sunny Sunflowers $45.00
2SunnySunflowers_rg.jpg

I'd be willing to put about $20 in for the cause, so keep me updated :D

Whimsical Garden $62.50 (my favourite)
9WhimsicalGarden_rg.jpg

I'd be willing to put about $20 in for the cause, so keep me updated :D

this one is my favorite as well :)

I'll donate $10. I think we should gather enough money, cause many people said they'd participate. And if we raise more money than the flowers cost, we could also include candy or "get well soon" balloons :)

Zen Blooms $48.50
12ZenBlooms_rg.jpg

This is my favourite. I thought of the sunflowers but.... well... I know those are forever linked to Michael, but I guess it would be nice to make this personal too, just for herself :)

I can donate US$10. Please let us know how to procced, guys (I am not usually checking this thread, but I think you could all PM us when this is finally done, in case we don't show up ;) ).

JMie... you are my heroe!! :cheers:

I think we should send her violets.... if possible.

ETA: I just checked the giftshop site..and they don't seem to have violets. Forget my post.

^The violets were a good idea though.

I like that one called "Sunshine Daydream." I know that sunflowers are considered to be Michael's flowers, but that bouquet has violet colored flowers included with them, and it stood out to me since Michael and Liz were so close, it's like a bouquet honoring the two.

Last edited:
^The violets were a good idea though.

I like that one called "Sunshine Daydream." I know that sunflowers are considered to be Michael's flowers, but that bouquet has violet colored flowers included with them, and it stood out to me since Michael and Liz were so close, it's like a bouquet honoring the two.

I like that idea :yes: I love the Basket of Smiles too.

Maybe the best thing to do would be opening the paypal account, taking donations until.....say......this coming Friday (or next week, but I would suggest not waiting much longer!) and then after all the money is in, deciding how many bouquets we can get her.

I like that idea :yes: I love the Basket of Smiles too.

Maybe the best thing to do would be opening the paypal account, taking donations until.....say......this coming Friday (or next week, but I would suggest not waiting much longer!) and then after all the money is in, deciding how many bouquets we can get her.

yes, I agree. all the flowers on that site look beautiful so I'll be happy with whatever the majority of the donators choose :)

It seems that we can't use a paypal account on their site :no: then how could we proceed ?

Have we decided on anything about this? Is there anyone to spearhead this?

:doh: thats not good, I guess we'll have to use another site then?

Yea let's use another site... N I agree let's see how much we can raise 1st... But we also need items to choose from so there wont be too much confusion.

So, all we need is someone in the US to make the payment using their credit card through the hospital site and the members here will use their paypal account to reimburse the member? OK.

I can use my card. But we have to be very tight so no one donates too much and so that no one overpays on Paypal.

Or if we can think of another way, that is fine as well.

BTW, I like the Zen Blossoms and the Orchids. :)

So, all we need is someone in the US to make the payment using their credit card through the hospital site and the members here will use their paypal account to reimburse the member? OK.

I can use my card. But we have to be very tight so no one donates too much and so that no one overpays on Paypal.

Or if we can think of another way, that is fine as well.

BTW, I like the Zen Blossoms and the Orchids. :)

I could do that if you want, I will be happy to help :yes: I'm not sure it's a problem if I am out of US - I used my credit card with FL and it worked well.

I think we should go with the flower shop at Cedars' Sinai. More efficient.
The credit card idea is best

The credit card is great idea. I think StacyMJ promised to create a paypal account so that people could donate money? I think we should collect money first, then decide what exactly to buy and then transfer the donated money from the paypal account to a person who will pay with a credit card.

I also think that the flower shop at Cedars' Sinai would be the better :yes: and their arrangments are lovely -

Okay, now has the paypal account been opened? We need to make a move...hate to be negative but we might not have much time (if you know what I mean).

If we use a credit card from someone and refund the owner, maybe could we, if Gaz is agree, make our donations via the MJJC paypal account ? we avoid to waste more time, no ?

oh my god, we were too late. she passed away today... I'm close to tears. Rest in peace Elizabeth... you will be missed.

No........ Oh, my God, Liz died?.....

I've already been a mess these days, now this?.... No, no, this can't be real what's happening....

I can't even say "Rest in peace..' for now, this is such a shock... I don't care if she was hospitalized and unwell already, it still is... no words... prayers for her soul and for her family....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back