FL to charge to leave gifts? Update-Not true, fee has always been in place

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMie

Guests
MJ Cemetery Charging 3 Bucks to Leave Gifts

9/15/2010 12:10 AM PDT by TMZ Staff
It's gonna cost Michael Jackson fans if they want to continue leaving gifts inside the King of Pop's mausoleum -- because TMZ has learned the cemetery is now charging a special $3 MJ delivery fee.

0914-mj-mausoleum-ex-inset.jpg

According to sources at the infamous burial space, Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale, CA has decided to take down the stage where fans were previously allowed to place gifts -- and are now enacting a new gifting policy ... so long as fans pay the price and abide by the rules.

Effective immediately, cemetery staff will take gifts for MJ inside the mausoleum -- where fans are still forbidden from setting foot -- for a $3 fee ... oh yeah, as long as those gifts are flowers.

Anything else -- teddy bears, posters, picture frames, candles -- will get dumped ... and if they run out of space inside, we're told excess gifts will have to brave the elements outside.

Re: Is this true??? FL charging money to leave gifts?? (TMZ)

this is such a stupid rule...michael should be moved from there!

since Michael is there already, he shouldn't be disturbed. it would be disrespectful to disturb him.

as for this story I still hope it's some kind of misunderstanding.

Michael should be left where he is. This whole thing about paying is stupid! I really hope this isn't true!!!

apparently it's a non-story. FL always charges $3 for placement of flowers on people's graves. You can check their site, it's there on their flower shop page. "Additional charge for placement - $3". So it's not just for Michael, it's for everybody and it was there before.

sorry for posting it.

Its logic, I am surprised that the charge wasnt sooner because of the expenses for cemetery...

apparently it's a non-story. FL always charges $3 for placement of flowers on people's graves. You can check their site, it's there on their flower shop page. "Additional charge for placement - $3". So it's not just for Michael, it's for everybody and it was there before.

sorry for posting it.
yes but it's through their flower shop paying their ppl to bring the flowers. What if you buy flowers elsewhere and the flower delivery have to pay extra 3$ so they could only place the flowers? And if you deliver flowers on your own it should be for free!

Besides, I also don't agree on throwing out everything - the pictures, drawings that fans made, letters, candles and soft toys. It has rights to be there at least for some time and then family decides what to do with it. I heard sometimes Katherine takes something home from things that fans have sent.

sorry for posting it.

It's amazing how the media twist stories just to make people wooow or something, don't know how to say it right. I don't know if I am expressing myself wrong, hope you get it.

If you call Forest Lawn florist to order flowers, they have a charge of $3.00 to deliver
to the burial site. It has always been this way and is the same for everyone. Your flowers
are placed inside Holly Terrace.

If you bring flowers or gifts from the outside, you may leave them in an area that is
designated outside. I was there 3 days ago and the arrangements are the same.

TMZ article is inflammatory and disrespectful to Forest Lawn. The staff there are
always courteous and friendly and helpful. In no way is it an infamous location.
Whoever writes that garbage is attempting to cause a flurry of response from
vulnerable fans. It's stupid and not true.

Ignore.

^^

This is correct. I was there on his birthday and bought flowers and had a gift from myself and a couple of other fans - and I took it all up there free of charge.

Freaking TMZ!

Yeah, I can't believe I fell for their nonsense... I saw this story on another mj board and forgot to switch on my brain and got into a panic mode. I hope mods will delete this thread asap

We all should try NOT visiting TMZ's website. TMZ is notorious in fabricating stories and twisting facts. TMZ is the type of tabloids Michael hated and asked his fans not to read.

I understand the urge to look up anything Michael over the internet. We all love him and miss him so much. I used to do a google search on Michael and went to every resulted links. I'm much more selective now. By visiting those websites, we give the tabloids the readership they want. If the tabloids see an increase in traffic every time they write the name "Michael Jackson", they will keep coming with nonsense on Michael. They will keep sensaionalize and create controversies.

Listen to Michael. Don't buy tabloids. Don't give them business.

If you call Forest Lawn florist to order flowers, they have a charge of $3.00 to deliver
to the burial site. It has always been this way and is the same for everyone. Your flowers

If you bring flowers or gifts from the outside, you may leave them in an area that is
designated outside. I was there 3 days ago and the arrangements are the same.

TMZ article is inflammatory and disrespectful to Forest Lawn. The staff there are
always courteous and friendly and helpful. In no way is it an infamous location.
Whoever writes that garbage is attempting to cause a flurry of response from
vulnerable fans. It's stupid and not true.

Ignore.

you work for forest lawn?

^^

This is correct. I was there on his birthday and bought flowers and had a gift from myself and a couple of other fans - and I took it all up there free of charge.

Freaking TMZ!

so this rule wasn't made AFTER your visit?

anyway...i'll wait for confirmation. meanwhile tmz calling his site 'infamous' is expected of the asswipe tabloid.

like the rest of you I have checked the FL sight,,and yes,,it has been a rule that they charge 3.00 fee. Its not just for Michael..its for everyone that is laid to rest there. Stupid TMZ.

People on Twitter are very upset by this and its TMZ twisting the words that have led to this. All to get hits to their stupid website.

This is true. It clearly states this on their florist website.

like the rest of you I have checked the FL sight,,and yes,,it has been a rule that they charge 3.00 fee. Its not just for Michael..its for everyone that is laid to rest there. Stupid TMZ.

then, why did someone post earlier, in here, that they brought flowers for Michael, free of charge on his birthday?

What I would like to know is that are fans allowed to leave anything outside the mausoleum anymore? Is everything that is left there being tossed away immediately? :(

anyway, fl is sure making a nice chunk of change off of peoples' emotions.

Sick of seeing TMZ articles posted here as news. I'm not giving them any more of my attention. Just saying...

MJ Cemetery Charging 3 Bucks to Leave Gifts (???)

Really? :smilerolleyes: Bla, bla, bla........ :sigh:

Leave flowers there, OK.... BUT I do not understand why leaving gifts, bears, cards, letters and many other things there. Nobody knows what the destiny of all those things that are left there.... go in the garbage or who knows to where these things go. And I doubt that the family will keep all those things. :unsure: :ph34r: In my opinion, this kind of thing/let all these things there, is useless. -_- :fear:

then, why did someone post earlier, in here, that they brought flowers for Michael, free of charge on his birthday?

I think that person meant that they, themselves, physically brought the flowers to the cemetery. The $3.00 fee applies when you order from the florist online or on the telephone. They have one of their people deliver the flowers to the deceased's resting place personally, and that is why they charge a fee.

MJ Cemetery Charging 3 Bucks to Leave Gifts (???)

Really? :smilerolleyes: Bla, bla, bla........ :sigh:

Leave flowers there, OK.... BUT I do not understand why leaving gifts, bears, cards, letters and many other things there. Nobody knows what the destiny of all those things that are left there.... go in the garbage or who knows to where these things go. And I doubt that the family will keep all those things. :unsure: :ph34r: In my opinion, this kind of thing/let all these things there, is useless. -_- :fear:

this is just your opinion!in my country we have an MJ alley in a park and people leave flowers and candles and cards ,etc at his monument all the time...it's about a feeling you have and a hope that someone up there will see how much he is loved and missed...

this is just your opinion!in my country we have an MJ alley in a park and people leave flowers and candles and cards ,etc at his monument all the time...it's about a feeling you have and a hope that someone up there will see how much he is loved and missed...
Awww. That's sooo very sweet:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

I don't understand something...Are you allowed to enter the mausoleum when you pay the fee or what?

no, you are not allowed to enter there unless you are a family member or on a list approved by the family.

For some fans leaving a teddy bear they have selected for MJ themselves or a letter they have wrote from the bottom of their heart might mean a lot and in a way could be a part of the 'healing' process. For you it might not be necessary to do so, but for some it might be and in my opinion it should never be called useless. When MJ was alive a lot of people sent him cards and gifts without knowing if MJ is really ever going to get them. You think that was useless too?

exactly!nobody should make money after our sweetheart death!

They are not using MJ's death to make money. Forest Lawn has always had the $3 delivery fee. It's been told on their website for example. Now they have just started to use the same old policy for MJ too. Remember, for Forest Lawn MJ is no exception, even though I'm sure they have done more than what they've been asked to do in a first place. They've been nothing but kind to fans and been carrying stuff inside fans been leaving there for MJ all day long. They even made the special arrangements on MJ's 1st anniversary day in June so the fans could visit him and pay their respect. In my opinion it's kinda obvious that one day they would go back to their normal routines and apply same rules for MJ and his fans they have for everyone else there.

Well, each person has their own opinion and do what what want. :)

For some fans leaving a teddy bear they have selected for MJ themselves or a letter they have wrote from the bottom of their heart might mean a lot and in a wayCurious to it! could be a part of the 'healing' process. For you it might not be necessary to do so, but for some it might be and in my opinion it should never be called useless. When MJ was alive a lot of people sent him cards and gifts without knowing if MJ is really ever going to get them. You think that was useless too?

It was not useless, why Michael was alive. Was completely different. -_- And now he is no longer here (He is dead) to read all these letters and receive all these gifts. Or maybe he will read/reply/thank all these letters/gifts now? :smilerolleyes: I think not. -_- For me it is useless now and people do what they want... and I respect that. I just gave my opinion on that. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back