Film's not 'It' for Jackson clan

AmberR

Proud Member

Last Updated: 4:08 AM, September 18, 2009

Posted: 3:46 AM, September 18, 2009

Michael Jackson's family is fuming over "This Is It" -- fearing the movie is "propaganda" for promoters trying to prove Jackson was healthy enough to perform 50 concerts.

The film, to be released on Oct. 28, has been approved by Jackson's estate and a court judge. But members of his family privately fear it will be edited to exonerate the concert promoters, AEG Live, sources said.

Joe Jackson said in July, "Michael told me himself that he agreed to 10 shows. But they went and added all these other shows. I was worried about his health." But AEG, which is donating the majority of the film's profits to the Jackson Family Trust, insists the star was in "really good shape."

A source told Page Six, "They believe the movie only includes the best clips of Michael's final rehearsals. He supposedly looks fit,
together and excited.

"The family can't speak out because money will be paid to the trust, but privately, they fear the movie is propaganda to back AEG's argument that Michael was healthy and wasn't being exploited.

"While fans want to remember Michael as the King of Pop, the family are still suspicious of AEG and how they handled Michael," said our source. "Of course, this movie will also be a huge moneymaker."

The Sony release was created from 100 hours of rehearsal footage shot in LA earlier this year. It's directed by Jackson's tour director, Kenny Ortega, who insisted that Michael was "beaming with gladness" and "in really good shape" the night before he died.

AEG Live President and CEO Randy Phillips has previously said that Jackson had a clean bill of health and that he agreed to extend the number of gigs to 50. AEG rep Michael Roth told us, "This is a matter for Sony, who bought the footage from us."

Sony's Steve Elzer said concerns about the editing "make no sense and don't deserve comment," calling the picture "a beautiful tribute."

A family rep didn't get back to us by deadline.
http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/film_not_it_for_*****_clan_rocZ5AIrrzoNGssefpj5XK

Yes, we know that AEG is involved and they threthened Michael with the bloody 50 shows..
But they cannot destroy the videos of the 100 hrs they have. everyone knws they have lots of hours..Except if they stretch Michael in the film he is obviously a bit on the thin side.

Well if anyone could be torn between morals and money, It'd be the Jackson family.

But I'm going with Ortega. As a friend of MJ, he would tell the family if he knew something was wrong.

I tend to trust AEG too. They had contracts and documents for more than 10 shows surely. Anyway I guess we'll find out in court sometime in the future.

I blame the doctor.

oh great here we go again. Notice though it is from PAGE SIX. As of late i haven't read the shit that the papers have been writing but this caught my eye. If the family is PRIVATELY concerned then why is it showing up on page 6?

I have to admit that i am so sick of people ripping Michael apart for his appearance. I fully believe that Michael was unaware of what Dr. Murray was adding to his Drinks. His appearance is caused by the Ephedrine that was found in his system. I do not believe Michael knew he was taking this. He said (according to some fans) that he needed to gain weight correct? If he said that why would he be taking this diet drug? He wouldn't But to make him look sick and frail the doctor gave it to him unknowingly. You can bitch about how bad he looked and then in the same breath be excited about the movie. Which is confusing to me. When i look at Michael i see a beautiful man who was treated horribly by someone he trusted, by the people who were to be helping him get back on top of the music kingdom. In my eyes Michael looked as good as any other time in his career he just simply looked a bit older.

Why is it that when something good comes out about Michael there is an automatic action to rip it to pieces and destroy it? Why is it so hard to enjoy something that he crafted without ripping it apart and over analyzing it? I simply enjoy the gifts the he is giving us after his death.

Now i see that on all forums his health is wide open for discussion. I feel like this is a stab in his back. If we were not aloud to talk about it before what makes it ok for us to discuss it now?

I'm sorry for my rant... Go on...

Please! Even if this story was true, the Jackson family need to sit down. AEG played no part in Murray shooting MJ up with drugs that night. Any wrongful death suit would be monetary beneficial to the Jacksons and they know it. The family didn't even talk to MJ that much before his death, so whatever.

Well if anyone could be torn between morals and money, It'd be the Jackson family.

But I'm going with Ortega. As a friend of MJ, he would tell the family if he knew something was wrong.

I tend to trust AEG too. They had contracts and documents for more than 10 shows surely. Anyway I guess we'll find out in court sometime in the future.

I blame the doctor.

Here's a link to the contract, which specifies an agreement for up to 31 shows initially, and that number could go higher if agreed upon by both Michael and AEG. It also says that the initial leg of the tour would include no less than 18 shows.

http://www.radaronline.com/sites/default/files/AEG contract.pdf

What does the NYPost know?, Thats one of the worst "newspapers" you can read for credible information. And I personally, doubt the authenticity of this story.

oh great here we go again. Notice though it is from PAGE SIX. As of late i haven't read the shit that the papers have been writing but this caught my eye. If the family is PRIVATELY concerned then why is it showing up on page 6?

I have to admit that i am so sick of people ripping Michael apart for his appearance. I fully believe that Michael was unaware of what Dr. Murray was adding to his Drinks. His appearance is caused by the Ephedrine that was found in his system. I do not believe Michael knew he was taking this. He said (according to some fans) that he needed to gain weight correct? If he said that why would he be taking this diet drug? He wouldn't But to make him look sick and frail the doctor gave it to him unknowingly. You can bitch about how bad he looked and then in the same breath be excited about the movie. Which is confusing to me. When i look at Michael i see a beautiful man who was treated horribly by someone he trusted, by the people who were to be helping him get back on top of the music kingdom. In my eyes Michael looked as good as any other time in his career he just simply looked a bit older.

Why is it that when something good comes out about Michael there is an automatic action to rip it to pieces and destroy it? Why is it so hard to enjoy something that he crafted without ripping it apart and over analyzing it? I simply enjoy the gifts the he is giving us after his death.

Now i see that on all forums his health is wide open for discussion. I feel like this is a stab in his back. If we were not aloud to talk about it before what makes it ok for us to discuss it now?

well said ...especially the part i bolded..

That's why Randy Philips was at the private funeral?

Gimme a break.

The doctor(s) killed him. He was a happy, healthy man but that evil idiot messed his system up and got him.

oh great here we go again. Notice though it is from page six. As of late i haven't read the shit that the papers have been writing but this caught my eye. If the family is privately concerned then why is it showing up on page 6?

I have to admit that i am so sick of people ripping michael apart for his appearance. I fully believe that michael was unaware of what dr. Murray was adding to his drinks. His appearance is caused by the ephedrine that was found in his system. I do not believe michael knew he was taking this. He said (according to some fans) that he needed to gain weight correct? If he said that why would he be taking this diet drug? He wouldn't but to make him look sick and frail the doctor gave it to him unknowingly. You can bitch about how bad he looked and then in the same breath be excited about the movie. Which is confusing to me. When i look at michael i see a beautiful man who was treated horribly by someone he trusted, by the people who were to be helping him get back on top of the music kingdom. In my eyes michael looked as good as any other time in his career he just simply looked a bit older.

Why is it that when something good comes out about michael there is an automatic action to rip it to pieces and destroy it? Why is it so hard to enjoy something that he crafted without ripping it apart and over analyzing it? I simply enjoy the gifts the he is giving us after his death.

wwell said!

i don't really know what to say.people are pointing fingers at each other but where were they when michael needed them the most?why didn't they argue back then?i'm guessing they don't even give a damn about michael's health but since he died and it became an issue,suddenly everyone knows how he died and started to blame eachother.such ignorant fools.

Michael agreed to do 30-31 shows. Didn't any of you guys read the AEG contract?

It also said if the demand was high they would get permission to add more.

These stories are so ridiculous and if true then the Jacksons need to read the contract that MICHAEL signed.

Michael signed for 31 concerts, not 10. We've all seen the contract.

From reading this and your replies i get the impression this is some kind of tabloid paper?

I find it hard to believe Michael would just wanted to play 10 concerts at the O2. I'm sure he would have wanted to have beaten Prince's record 21 Nights at the O2 Arena, and Michael would have wanted to and was well aware he was going to play 50 concerts at the O2.

As a businessman, I don't see how he would want to spend 30M$ to create such a high tech show (3-D film, recreating the Thriller video...) ...for only 10 performances. What would be the return on his 30M$ investment? Selling t-shirts during 10 shows would not be enough to cover his expenses & make a profit

That is nonsense.

He already had a lot of money problem, investing 30M$ for 10 shows would only put him further in debt.

It's so sad how everyone has a different opinion about this. If anyone understood his health problems they would not approve this movie, but people are so blinded by the excitement of it. It is not exciting for me to go see a project that was never finished and that caused him to go so soon.

didnt the jackson family approve this project by stating they couldnt show him in a bad light, so why would rehearsals where he isnt into it at the time be shown?

Tabloid crap

It's so sad how everyone has a different opinion about this. If anyone understood his health problems they would not approve this movie, but people are so blinded by the excitement of it. It is not exciting for me to go see a project that was never finished and that caused him to go so soon.

Then don't see it.

Then don't see it.

Certainly I don't want to, it's only going to add more to the pain and suffering I'm already going through. I don't want the memory of a frail, sick and thin looking Michael, I want to remember him healthy, strong, vibrant and happy.

they cant edit the footage to make him look good or bad. the footage of the physcial mj is what it is, that cant be changed. we have seen enough pics and footage already to see what bad shape he was in

Last Updated: 4:08 AM, September 18, 2009

Posted: 3:46 AM, September 18, 2009

Michael Jackson's family is fuming over "This Is It" -- fearing the movie is "propaganda" for promoters trying to prove Jackson was healthy enough to perform 50 concerts.

The film, to be released on Oct. 28, has been approved by Jackson's estate and a court judge. But members of his family privately fear it will be edited to exonerate the concert promoters, AEG Live, sources said.

Joe Jackson said in July, "Michael told me himself that he agreed to 10 shows. But they went and added all these other shows. I was worried about his health." But AEG, which is donating the majority of the film's profits to the Jackson Family Trust, insists the star was in "really good shape."

A source told Page Six, "They believe the movie only includes the best clips of Michael's final rehearsals. He supposedly looks fit,
together and excited.

"The family can't speak out because money will be paid to the trust, but privately, they fear the movie is propaganda to back AEG's argument that Michael was healthy and wasn't being exploited.

"While fans want to remember Michael as the King of Pop, the family are still suspicious of AEG and how they handled Michael," said our source. "Of course, this movie will also be a huge moneymaker."

The Sony release was created from 100 hours of rehearsal footage shot in LA earlier this year. It's directed by Jackson's tour director, Kenny Ortega, who insisted that Michael was "beaming with gladness" and "in really good shape" the night before he died.

AEG Live President and CEO Randy Phillips has previously said that Jackson had a clean bill of health and that he agreed to extend the number of gigs to 50. AEG rep Michael Roth told us, "This is a matter for Sony, who bought the footage from us."

Sony's Steve Elzer said concerns about the editing "make no sense and don't deserve comment," calling the picture "a beautiful tribute."

A family rep didn't get back to us by deadline.
http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/film_not_it_for_*****_clan_rocZ5AIrrzoNGssefpj5XK

they started the same old crap again. they'd destroy anything not caring about his legacy or anything if it brought them a dime more. All they want now is to embarass the people who run the estate and somehow get a say on it. i hope they shut up as the movies comes out

AEG is a suspect in Michael's death, they want to show the fans/world that Michael's healthy. AEG forced Michael to agree to do the shows, I have questions: when Michael agreed even for 10 shows whether he was threaten? whether had sound mind and memory? as I had found out the heavy narcotics he used for pain, those have unbelievalbe side effects...including memory loss. AEG filmed 100 hours of rehearsal. how hard is to find few best clips. Michael never released any concerts of his except Dangerous tourn in Bucherest as it was aired in HBO, on DVD and never a rehearsal footage. so why THIS IS IT will be released in theatres and on DVDs?
Even though we hear about Michael's debts and he wanted the money, how many people approached Michael to make him do concerts before AEG, why Michael never agreed any of those? why he agreed to AEG?
Micheal was ill, he wasn't healty enough to do the concerts. AEG knew and they had other plans in mind.

Last edited:
Randy Phillips profile: Michael Jackson's promoter is making all the right moves
"He's 50 but he's going to dance his ass off," says the confident, quick-talking Randy Phillips, chief executive of AEG Live and promoter of acts from Britney Spears and Prince

By Rowena Mason
Published: 12:01AM GMT 14 Mar 2009

This is the man who persuaded Michael Jackson, that elusive, reclusive eccentric, to return as the King of Pop for a tour at AEG's O2 venue, the ex-Millennium Dome. "He's working on a new move. Something like the Moonwalk, but different."

Phillips clearly understands how to whet the appetite of Jackson's scrums of fans. More than 250,000 joined the online queue, with 800 turning up to the O2 itself to get seats for the 50 dates.

Watching him order tea at the Dorchester Hotel, Phillips has the neurotic chatter of a Woody Allen.

"I've gotta have Dorchester blend with honey and skim milk, right? And multigrain sandwiches... salmon, egg and maybe a few chicken," he says.

This precise, organisational mastermind has kicked up a global ticketing storm just four months after a high-pitched "yes" was uttered from Jackson's pinched lips. The pair go back 15 years – they lost touch, but after the promoter joined AEG he made a "hit list" of acts to entice. Jackson was at the top.

"We finally made Mohammed come to the mountain of the O2," Phillips grins. Jackson refused twice, but several months ago, the idea arose as the superstar was putting together a restructuring plan for his finances. Not hat we should believe rumours that Jackson is struggling, after spending a fortune on security and lawyers after his famous child abuse trial – which ended with his acquittal.

"They make out Michael's finances are much more dire than they are," Phillips assures me. But he needed the cash, right? "I asked him straight off: why say yes to the tour now? Was it the money? He said: you know what, my kids are old enough now." Jackson agreed to do 10 dates for AEG, before relenting to 40 more. The star "worships" London, but plans to stay in a country house where his children can play. If any Daily Telegraph readers have a plush rural pad for rent, Phillips wants to know.

He estimates Jackson will make $50m-$100m from the London dates. This could rise to $500m if he does a world tour.

So how much is AEG getting out of this? Phillips laughs. "We're not in this for the money. We're taking a huge risk on Michael. Forgetting tickets, the local economy will get $500m."
Things haven't gone entirely seamlessly for AEG since they put their money behind Jackson. Most tickets are being sold straight to fans for £50-£75. But AEG claims its premium ticket partner, Viagogo offered seats for re-sale in bulk, allowing touts and other re-sellers to push up prices. A court has now ordered Viagogo to stop selling to anyone not believed to be an individual fan, until a further hearing.

Another potential hitch is that they do not yet have insurance covering Jackson's appearance at all 50 gigs – but Phillips insists any risk will be worth it.

"If Mike gets too nervous to go on, I'll throw him over my shoulder and carry him on stage. He's light enough."
In recent days, there has been furious speculation about Jackson's health, which Phillips dismisses. "Making up rumours about Michael Jackson is a cottage industry," he exclaims. "We were having dinner when I got a Google alert that he had a flesh-eating disease. He was sitting opposite, healthy as ever."
Among the other urban myths he demolishes: ***** is not as weird as I may think, but a devoted parent, and though famed for Jesus-like shows, "not a confident person".

Jackson's nerves aside, the deal could have been off if Phil Anschutz, the billionaire behind AEG had not taken to him.

"Phil had to give me permission to spend all this money. I joke that I'm going to make him a millionaire – from a billionaire." Anschutz has been described as prickly, but Phillips says he is "respectful, a good listener and brilliant".

Anschutz built up his empire from property and launched AEG to take on the force of Live Nation: its corporate nemesis.

"We are under assault by an 800lb gorilla called Live Nation, planning to merge with Ticketmaster. It's not good, but we are there doing better."
AEG is certainly putting its all into making the tour superlative. Hiring Kenny Ortega, the man behind High School Musical, booking superstar guest appearances, putting money into a new 3D film of Thriller and developing new technology to make it a historical spectacle.
"Now we have the biggest artist in the world at the best arena in the best city," Phillips declares, digesting the news that 750,000 tickets have sold out in five hours. He has the satisfied look of a man who has just pulled off an inconceivably ambitious plan.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...s-promoter-is-making-all-the-right-moves.html

Who Is Philip Anschutz? (And Why Is He in Business with Michael Jackson and The Weekly Standard?)

.....That's one of the nicer things that has been publicly said about the 69-year-old mogul. Fortune once called him America's "greediest executive," prompting a rare public statement from Anschutz, who hasn't spoken to a journalist on the record since 1974.

......As the story goes, in 1967 Anschutz borrowed heavily to buy up land after discovering oil near Gillette, Wyoming. But after making the purchase, his oil field caught on fire, threatening to destroy the nascent oilman before he could even count his first barrels of crude. To salvage the field, Anschutz hired Red Adair, the legendary oil-well firefighter, who reportedly told the young businessman, "If you don't pay me, don't ever have another oil-field fire." Not one to risk his investment—or a pass up a good side bet—Anschutz contacted Universal Pictures, which was putting together John Wayne's Hellfighters, a movie about oil-well firefighters, and negotiated a $100,000 fee to let a film crew shoot the blaze and the battle to stop it. Anschutz used that money to pay off his creditors, and after the fire was beaten, set himself along the road to unfathomable fortune—if not quite fame.

No wonder an unnamed colleague told Fortune that Anschutz "can see around corners." He probably owns those too.

http://www.portfolio.com/companies-...l-jackson-and-the-weekly-standard/index1.html

Michael Jackson's Supposed Drug Cocktail: Demerol, Dilaudid, Vicodin, Zoloft, Xanax...Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/27/michael-jacksons-supposed_n_221808.html

Demerol
What is Demerol?
Demerol is in a group of drugs called narcotic pain relievers. It is similar to morphine.
Demerol is used to treat moderate-to-severe pain.
Demerol may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
Demerol side effects• shallow breathing, slow heartbeat;
• seizure (convulsions);
• cold, clammy skin;
• confusion;
• severe weakness or dizziness; or
• feeling light-headed, fainting.
Read more: http://www.drugs.com/demerol.html

Dilaudid
Why is Dilaudid prescribed?
Dilaudid, a narcotic analgesic, is prescribed for the relief of moderate to severe pain such as that due to:
Biliary colic (pain caused by an obstruction in the gallbladder or bile duct)
Burns
Cancer
Heart attack
Injury (soft tissue and bone)
Renal colic (sharp lower back and groin pain usually caused by the passage of a stone through the ureter)
Surgery
Most important fact about Dilaudid
High dose tolerance leading to mental and physical dependence can occur with the use of Dilaudid when it is taken repeatedly. Physical dependence (need for continual doses to prevent withdrawal symptoms) can occur after only a few days of narcotic use, although it usually takes several weeks.
Read more at http://www.drugs.com/pdr/dilaudid.html

Vicodin
What is Vicodin?

Vicodin is a tablet containing a combination of acetaminophen and hydrocodone. Hydrocodone is in a group of drugs called narcotic pain relievers.
Acetaminophen is a less potent pain reliever that increases the effects of hydrocodone.
Vicodin is used to relieve moderate to severe pain.
Vicodin may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
Vicodin side effects
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
• shallow breathing, slow heartbeat;
• feeling light-headed, fainting;
• confusion, fear, unusual thoughts or behavior;
• seizure (convulsions);
• problems with urination; or
• nausea, stomach pain, loss of appetite, itching, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).

Less serious side effects may include:
• feeling anxious, dizzy, or drowsy;
• mild nausea, vomiting, upset stomach, constipation;
• headache, mood changes;
• blurred vision;
• ringing in your ears; or
• dry mouth.
Read more: http://www.drugs.com/vicodin.html

What is Zoloft?
Zoloft is an antidepressant in a group of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). Zoloft affects chemicals in the brain that may become unbalanced and cause depression, panic, anxiety, or obsessive-compulsive symptoms.
Zoloft is used to treat depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic disorder, anxiety disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD).
Zoloft may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
http://www.drugs.com/zoloft.html

Xanax
What is Xanax?

Xanax is in a group of drugs called benzodiazepines (ben-zoe-dye-AZE-eh-peens). It affects chemicals in the brain that may become unbalanced and cause anxiety.
Xanax is used to treat anxiety disorders, panic disorders, and anxiety caused by depression.
Xanax may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Read more http://www.drugs.com/xanax.html

Ephedrine is administered with propofol to keep blood pressure up. According to Murray he'd been treating him like this for 6 weeks. Explains the weightloss.

It is important to discuss it now because he died.

We need to know what happened, and we are hearing the truth from 'follower fans', karen faye and others who were THERE around him.

Last edited:
Back